john cavanagh is a scam

wtf were you doing behind the bleachers? lol

sounds a bit rapey lol

I would've said the cafeteria but you had that bus driver who would be moonlighting as a security guard come and throw a wrench in your game. You had to get away from him.

At least ido portal has a specialty in movement or w.e the fuck. Wtf is this guy cavanagh's credentials? Bjj? kickboxing? judo? grappling? boxing? Wtf does this guy know. He's a guy who has a shitty gym with a bunch of hopeless fighters and got lucky when conor walked into his gym. John is pretty much making as much money as he can from the attention that conor is getting, dude is doing a $50 meet and greet for his book "scam or learn" 2 days for ufc 202. can't wait for this fool to go away when conor gets destroyed by nate.
Can you imagine if he and Edmund got together?! Globo Gym 2.0!

People don't know how fucking stupid they sound shitting on the head coach of a world champion

Ask the fuckin champ if he's legit, dummy

He's a super annoying twat, but I must say Gunnar looks to have improved a ton over the last year or so. Dunno if thats due to John or not though.

Probably best quote response I've ever gotten.
1095_zps86206b20.gif

You know much more than Greg Jackson. My bad
did I ever claim to know more than him? Im claiming JK does as he is a legit Blackbelt in BJJ...... Gregg is a blackbelt in his own made up martial art

People don't know how fucking stupid they sound shitting on the head coach of a world champion

Ask the fuckin champ if he's legit, dummy

Honestly Conor isn't really that skilled of a fighter in terms of elite fighters anyways. His biggest assests at FW are his gigantic size, huge power, distance, and timing. I guess John could of helped a lil with the distance and timing but thats mostly something a fighter learns on his own through sparring.

maxresdefault.jpg

Like a kid at Disneyland. Conor McGregor is his meal ticket. Look, i'm not saying he's a scam artist or a terrible coach but if anyone credits this guy for Conor's success they are delusional. Like Ronda, they could have walked into any gym and found success. They are talented fighters ( Ronda's judo and Conor's striking).

Coach K is just a case of a RARE Irish blackbelt BJJ practitioner who crossed paths with a talent like Conor. He hit the lotto like Edmond. There is nothing special about this guy. He is a competent coach. Nothing more nothing less. They have a winning formula when fighting midgets to make millions. It's a nice hustle. Good for them.

Last edited:
hes competing against absolute legends in bjj in these clips. Elite. Adcc status
how would Gregg get on since you are his main defender? could he compete with the elite of the elite?

I dont get what him not being able to compete with the elite of the elite at BJJ has to do with his credentials? Has he ever claimed to be an elite blackbelt?

Where was Ireland on the mma scene before him?? Now he runs a gym with several UFC fighters and a champion.
Great coaches dont make great fighters and vice versa.
Conor has great striking, that's why we're talking about him.
The rest of his fighters aren't worthy of being in the UFC.
how would Gregg get on since you are his main defender? could he compete with the elite of the elite?

I dont get what him not being able to compete with the elite of the elite at BJJ has to do with his credentials? Has he ever claimed to be an elite blackbelt?
john kavanaugh is the reason why Conor is so good today. Not because of his striking, but because of his bjj. You're right man.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    61.6 KB · Views: 2
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    61.6 KB · Views: 0
I remember training with SBG in Manchester England about ten years ago, and Kavanagh was seen as one of the best BJJ guys in the UK (not just by those in SBG). I think I remember not feeling like that was true at the time, as although he had some decent credentials he'd only had a few pro/semi-pro MMA fights and had mostly losses. It put me off him a little bit because I didn't care about BJJ as it's own thing at the time and was really only interested in MMA.

Been out of the loop for a good while now, so no idea how his status has held up over time.

Seems like he's still more than a little legit though, when you consider fight teams/coaches across the uk.

Honestly Conor isn't really that skilled of a fighter in terms of elite fighters anyways. His biggest assests at FW are his gigantic size, huge power, distance, and timing. I guess John could of helped a lil with the distance and timing but thats mostly something a fighter learns on his own through sparring.
????????

Again, we should ask Conor just how significant of a piece kavanagh was.

As far as your statement that Conor isn't very skilled, I refer you to his UFC feather weight bouts, particularly the one over Jose freakin Aldo

john kavanaugh is the reason why Conor is so good today. Not because of his striking, but because of his bjj. You're right man.
what has that got to do with anything? John gave him the enviroment to grow..... he encouraged him from the time he was a child, and surrounded him with good coaches in all areas. Thats what being a coach is about, its not just about the skills you pass on. Thats why John deserves credit for Conors success.

But you keep thinking what you want, you clearly know better than JK dont you?

So John Cavanaugh is going around scamming people, pretending to be John Kavanaugh? Interesting.

what has that got to do with anything? John gave him the enviroment to grow..... he encouraged him from the time he was a child, and surrounded him with good coaches in all areas. Thats what being a coach is about, its not just about the skills you pass on. Thats why John deserves credit for Conors success.

But you keep thinking what you want, you clearly know better than JK dont you?
Not at all. "JK" is a legend.

maxresdefault.jpg

Like a kid at Disneyland. Conor McGregor is his meal ticket. Look, i'm not saying he's a scam artist or a terrible coach but if anyone credits this guy for Conor's success they are delusional. Like Ronda, they could have walked into any gym and found success. They are talented fighters ( Ronda's judo and Conor's striking).

Coach K is just a case of a RARE blackbelt BJJ practitioner who crossed paths with a talent like Conor. He hit the lotto like Edmond. There is nothing special about this guy. He is a competent coach. Nothing more nothing less. They have a winning formula when fighting midgets to make millions. It's a nice hustle. Good for them.
I disagree
Ronda was a Judo expert in a division without a deep talent pool, way easier to be polished up to a champion contender.
Conor is a good striker, but is by no means a genius freak way ahead of the division, FW is a very deep division and plenty of fighters can beat Conor if he ain't fully and really well prepared.
I won't mention Gunnar because I believe the main part of his sucess is his karate base and BJJ in Iceland.

Back