1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

John Brzenk vs Devon Larratt 2021

Discussion in 'Sports Bar' started by heloder, Nov 7, 2021.

1. BKMMAFAN Silver Belt

If this live on YT or do you have to pay for it somewhere?

2. heloder Purple Belt

Well as expected Devon is just too strong for John at this point in their careers. Absolute domination. Though round 1 did show that John still does have a huge hit that even Devon struggled to contain, which is ridiculous at that age. After RD 1 John fatigued too much, and couldn't do anything, especially in the strap.

Devon looks phenomenal and he really needs to start taking on the top Europeans. He's not going to get much stronger than this.

GeneTunney7 and PEB like this.
  3. PEB Great turntable of space and time dude

You have to subscribe for it.

4. GeneTunney7 Purple Belt

Ermes is a beast!!! Larry wheels did amazing too, just got bled out. And John did great as well, but Devon just on another level now. That first set was close! Devon almost got pinned! Great fights.

5. GeneTunney7 Purple Belt

John did better than Michael Todd did <Lmaoo>

Agreed - Devon got to go outside North America. Ermes looked insane today! wtf did that guy do, take rhino fuel? I remember hen Matt Mask was steam rolling him. he made Genadi look like nothing. He even whacked Vitali multiple times in sparring. That is why this game is exciting, guys can make made gains in little time.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2021
    heloder likes this.
  6. heloder Purple Belt

John would have gotten the pin RD 1 outside the strap. Devon was two seconds from the pad when he panicked and went to the King's Move. It's almost identical to RD 1 in 2015.

GeneTunney7 likes this.
  7. GeneTunney7 Purple Belt

Thoughts on that first round? I hear some people saying John false started, others saying 'Devon let it happen to bleed him', and others saying it was on the level and John just blew thru him.

Did John hurt his arm in the 3rd do you know? It was still a really fun match no matter what, and I felt more competitive than the Michael Todd match, wherein Todd said it was the best version of himself ever.

And do you have any thoughts on the king move being banned? I know of arm wrestling enthusiasts believe it should be. Larry wheels would have crushed Allen without the kings move. Gotta give that guy props, he has made giant leaps and bounds in a short time.

8. heloder Purple Belt

They both started early in RD 1, but it looks like they started at the same time. I do not see Devon "letting" John do anything that round. He is maxed out trying to stop him, and just barely gets into the King's Move to save himself from getting pinned.

I don't think he hurt his arm since he came out and had a really good push in the 4th. There really wasn't much to the round at all. The referee had not even finished saying "go" before John was on the pad.

I think the King's Move takes away from the integrity of the sport and wouldn't mind seeing it banned. There are rule changes that could alleviate some of the stupidity. Putting the hand pegs on the opposite side of the table would severely limit its effectiveness, for example. That way you wouldn't be able to hang off the table, since your non-pulling arm wouldn't be able to reach that far.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2021
    GeneTunney7 likes this.
  9. PEB Great turntable of space and time dude

10. PEB Great turntable of space and time dude

GeneTunney7 likes this.
  11. PEB Great turntable of space and time dude

GeneTunney7 likes this.
  12. PEB Great turntable of space and time dude

13. GeneTunney7 Purple Belt

Let's goo!!!

I just wish that it were no so far away. Devon gonna need to get as much steroids in his system possible. Got to think Levan wins 6-0, but maybe Devon can find that opening and take him deep, tire him out.

Definitely the most anticipated arm wrestling contest of all time. I am pumped!

Edit: this deserves it's own thread btw, so we can all follow and track the progress. It truly is the MayPac or Ali Foreman of our time.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2021
    jimjamjammer and PEB like this.
  14. Roman_23 Green Belt

I think Devons kings move is not the worst, compared to what Michael Todd used to pull off. That was just ridiculous.
    the move it’s beatable, so in my opinion no need to ban it, just adjust rules maybe so that armwrestlers shoulders must be above the table.

15. Octavian Beyond Platinum Member

This^^^

I get that no one really truly cares in armwrestling but Levan and Dennis are examples are how far we can push a human with chemicals. It's honestly pretty disgusting and these guys will have a terrible time by the age of 55 as a result.

16. Roman_23 Green Belt

I think Denis already is having not so great of a time, hence out of competition for years.
    They way his face changed, jeez, and he is not that old , but his face looks 60

Chicen and Octavian like this.
  17. PEB Great turntable of space and time dude

Side story Dennis is done.

18. PEB Great turntable of space and time dude

19. Chicen White Belt

Denisa already looks to be in her 60s.

GeneTunney7 likes this.
  20. PEB Great turntable of space and time dude

Well shocking Devon admits using steroids this is part of what Larry Wheels been doing basically telling everyone he is using.