John Brzenk vs Devon Larratt 2021

Big poppa pump crushes both of these cans

As much as I like Brzenk, Shaw hasn't beaten anyone close to Devon's level. Other than Brzenk himself, the only other top level guy I've seen him pull is Chaffee in a prelim, and Chaffee put him down in 1 second.

I personally don't think John will beat Devon just because Devon is extremely difficult to pin at this point in his career. What his wins over Chaffee and Todd showed me was that he has the size, strength, intelligence, defense, and endurance to survive hits from just about anybody with the exception of Levan and Vitaly. But I certainly won't count John out because he is still very strong, and nobody really knows how much he actually has at the moment. Not taking his age into account, obviously John has stopped Chaffee, Todd, a young Cyplenkov, and Devon. It's not even his defense that concerns me here; I just don't know if he has enough endurance and power left to actually pin Devon, especially in a strap.

As far as anybody beating Levan? I think with enough training Vitaly Laletin could do it, but that's about it. Right now he's like a giant, supercharged version of Matt Mask. With enough training he could be a giant, supercharged version of Devon Larratt. He's the only one that I'm aware of that has made Levan look human.

I would be shocked if Devon, even at 300 lb, could stop Levan. Levan just absolutely smoked Dave Chaffee recently, who's arguably the strongest arm wrestler in North America.

Lol, shaw just got crushed by larry fookin wheels <Lmaoo>

My worry for Devon is he took all that time off to box. His match vs Todd was the best that I have seen him, but I think John picked him at the right time to possibly catch him.

As far as Levan, no one beats him now. The guy is just a different breed right now. He reminds me of Khamzat in MMA now, or how Khabib was - you are lucky if you land a strike. Historically, guys that dominant, like a prime Lupkes or Norton, tend to get bored and lose interest. Levan the type of guy that either has a heart attack/health problems or he will dominant for a while. No one has even come close to moving this current version off him so far, nm score a point.

Last edited:

Brzenk is 57 years old. Even in his 50's he could probably beat half the pro's in the world, or more. Whats crazy is in his prime he would beat heavies and super heavies that out weighed him by 50+ pounds. For total scope of his resume he's the GOAT.

And who do you have? Any thought on the Larry wheels Allen fight? It looks like Levan really made something click, he has been killing everyone lately. And how about Genadi vs Ermes

I am actually kind of shocked Devon and JB is a shut out. John has looked amazing recently, Devon been off doing a totally different sport, and arm wrestling = the game that age does not really affect you as much. Crazy George is like 78 and still creaming everyone.

And who do you have? Any thought on the Larry wheels Allen fight? It looks like Levan really made something click, he has been killing everyone lately. And how about Genadi vs Ermes

I am actually kind of shocked Devon and JB is a shut out. John has looked amazing recently, Devon been off doing a totally different sport, and arm wrestling = the game that age does not really affect you as much. Crazy George is like 78 and still creaming everyone.
Larry has not won a single major match with anyone reasonably high up the ladder I don't think he will win unfortunately because he has done so much for the sport. As far as Devon doing boxing it was only a few months and he may not be as strong as his match vs Monster Todd but John is a load no matter what shape you're in and in fact I think he could surprise a lot of people. Someone who recently pull with John said right away you feel like you locked in with a steel bar and his grip is other worldly. John on a different level then almost anyone on the planet and it's amazing he still works a full time job working on jets.

Last edited:
Devon a riot lol.

How telling is it that after all the ridiculous trash talk that ultra-confident Devon Larratt engaged in against anyone and everyone...when someone asked him about beating Levan he got quiet and said Levan was the number 1 in the world and that it would be an uphill battle for anyone to beat him.

How telling is it that after all the ridiculous trash talk that ultra-confident Devon Larratt engaged in against anyone and everyone...when someone asked him about beating Levan he got quiet and said Levan was the number 1 in the world and that it would be an uphill battle for anyone to beat him.
Devon is all over the place tbh, a never ending mix between cocky showmanship and then down to earth humility. I heard him tell John Brzenk that he was going to crush him 6-0, then in another interview said that he would be lucky to eek out a 4-3 against him and that John is so much greater than him. He has said before that he thinks he is better than Levan, but other times he would be lucky to beat Levan. I imagine he, owing to his accomplishments and who he is, would fancy his chances. Delusional self belief, for better and worse, is why these elite athletes/fighters get elite but also beaten - the only way you get good is gettin your ass kicked but focusing on where you did well and to keep coming back. Even Michael Todd thinks he would beat Levan and thought he would beat Devon on the same night that he got crushed by him recently.

Devon is all over the place tbh, a never ending mix between cocky showmanship and then down to earth humility. I heard him tell John Brzenk that he was going to crush him 6-0, then in another interview said that he would be lucky to eek out a 4-3 against him and that John is so much greater than him. He has said before that he thinks he is better than Levan, but other times he would be lucky to beat Levan. I imagine he, owing to his accomplishments and who he is, would fancy his chances. Delusional self belief, for better and worse, is why these elite athletes/fighters get elite but also beaten - the only way you get good is gettin your ass kicked but focusing on where you did well and to keep coming back. Even Michael Todd thinks he would beat Levan and thought he would beat Devon on the same night that he got crushed by him recently.

After Devon beat Michael Todd he was riding high and I'm sure he was confident in his chances against Levan, because a lot of people thought Michael was one of the strongest arm wrestlers in the world (if not the strongest).

And then Devon watched Levan absolutely smoke Chaffee. Yeah, Devon beat Chaffee too, but he struggled to do so and had to sit in the king's move most of the match to wear him out. To struggle that much and then watch Levan crush him without breaking a sweat sobered Devon right up. He knows anybody that can blitz Chaffee and not give up a point to Vitaly is just in another world when it comes to strength.

My favorite exchange from the press conference:

I'm going to rip your hand open. - Devon

Ask Denis how easy it is to rip my hand open. - John

I'm not Denis. - Devon

Obviously not. You haven't been able to beat him. - John

Hilarious burn from the most mild mannered human being this side of Mr. Rogers Neighborhood.

After Devon beat Michael Todd he was riding high and I'm sure he was confident in his chances against Levan, because a lot of people thought Michael was one of the strongest arm wrestlers in the world (if not the strongest).

And then Devon watched Levan absolutely smoke Chaffee. Yeah, Devon beat Chaffee too, but he struggled to do so and had to sit in the king's move most of the match to wear him out. To struggle that much and then watch Levan crush him without breaking a sweat sobered Devon right up. He knows anybody that can blitz Chaffee and not give up a point to Vitaly is just in another world when it comes to strength.

I'm not Denis. - Devon

Hilarious burn from the most mild mannered human being this side of Mr. Rogers Neighborhood.

Devon admits he hypes everything as hard as he can because of Armbets business he co-founded with a company that is similar to DraftKings in Canada. I would not be the least bit surprised if Core Sports has not taken a stake in it.

This is a great card, exciting matches from top to bottom. Does anyone know the starting time for est?

I'm not Denis. - Devon

There have been many incarnations of Devon tho. The Devon that beat Todd - who claimed that was the best version of himself - was the best that I have ever seen, certainly much better than the one that lost to Todd, kings moved Dave and lost to Denis. No doubt bulking up and being on a steady diet of steroids helped with that. My money would be on Levan, but if Devon could bulk to like 315 or so, he may have the style to get it done. I thought Dave was just a terrible match for Levan, he is strong in the ways Levan is but just weaker and a lesser version. I want to see someone bleed Levan and get crafty, as you will not beat him strength wise.

Back