Joey Beltran Situation

Virtually every guy who gets caught says this. You still believe this excuse?

These guys live to train and fight. They know what's going into their bodies.

Of course every fighter will say this, but do you think it's ever the truth?

I think what makes it so hard to believe these guys, is because everytime they get popped they use the "it must have been mixed with one of my over the counter supplements" excuse. The problem is they never end up addressing which supplement was "contaminated". Therefore making it really easy to think their full of shit. I like Beltran and hopefully that's not the case w/ him, but I'd bet if you never hear him say "turns out it was supplement A that was tainted" then he definitely was using.

I think what makes it so hard to believe these guys, is because everytime they get popped they use the "it must have been mixed with one of my over the counter supplements" excuse. The problem is they never end up addressing which supplement was "contaminated". Therefore making it really easy to think their full of shit. I like Beltran and hopefully that's not the case w/ him, but I'd bet if you never hear him say "turns out it was supplement A that was tainted" then he definitely was using.

This is true, other than the Sherk incident. Good point.

Didn't Sherk pass some lie detector tests as well?

yea, one that he had administrered himself, lol

I've always said they should include a lie detector when you piss hot. Not only about current failed test, but ask if you've cheated in past etc..

Theres probably no way to know. If they take more than one supplement, it would require a lab test to see which one is tainted.Tainted supplements happens quite often.. look at the stuff that gets pulled off the market. Fighters cant afford to send every supplement out they take for analysis... maybe keep a small sample of each in case you ever pop positive.. at least then you can narrow it down.

Didn't Sherk pass some lie detector tests as well?

if i recall correctly yes, i think he brought his own people in to administer the test. It seems as though he had quietly expressed concern over a shady test.

There was an article where he talked about it and kind of alluded to the fact that he was being set up to be squashed. He didn't outright say it, but the tone certainly suggested it.

I'm searching for it now.

yea, one that he had administrered himself, lol

I've always said they should include a lie detector when you piss hot. Not only about current failed test, but ask if you've cheated in past etc..

You can't use a lie detector in court because it isn't 100%. People can and have gotten around it to prove that it doesn't work.

I don't think this is the answer.

As long as he doesn't call anyone in the athletic commission racist or a female dog, he should be good. Otherwise, TNA/Bellator have a fabulous package deal for him.

As long as he doesn't call anyone in the athletic commission racist or a female dog, he should be good. Otherwise, TNA/Bellator have a fabulous package deal for him.

/facepalm

How ridiculous was that? And to think he's a 'professional'. What a joke.

Nandrolone has a 12 month detection period. A fighter would have to be insane to intentionally use it if they're in an organisation that tests for PEDs.

Wants VS needs brother. If he didn't need to win as bad as he did I may believe what he is saying, but because of the situation and past situations (other fighters) I find it hard to find truth in what he says.

The one thing with "some" supplements, especially for new ones on the market is...

They have been known to include trace amounts of certain steriods so that the results they claim happen. Further down in production they taper this off and its back to normal, but you're already hooked on it because of how fast you saw results.

So if some of these guys get behind some new and upcoming product because of their star power, it can happen...was a report on this not too long ago..

Shame for Beltran, I'm leaning more towards he was doing everything he could to get a win but you never know. Hope his claim is true

People believe in "peds in supplement" stories? Yeah thats some bs.

it's really tough to say. I have a buddy who tested positive after a fight for a smaller promotion out here in california. I know the guy well, and he told me "i didn't use roids at all" and he was definitely not lying to me. He believed it was a combination of supplements that fucked with his system.

It's really easy to believe a guy is lying when he says he didn't use, but I believed my buddy - he was telling me the truth, IMO. (had no reason to lie to me, and we're close enough that he knows i would never speak on those issues publicly had he said "yeah, i fucked up and used")

tough one, but weird shit does happen. Sherk stood in front of the AC and proved the supplements he took were contaminated. The AC obviously refused to admit they were wrong, although they mysteriously cut his suspension short.

it's not always black and white with this shit. there is most def a gray area.

Yeah but Beltran was tested positive on Decanate , and deca only comes as inter muscular shape of administration ,you can't get deca in pill ,or anything!
This is possible if he was tested positive on Clenbuterol then maybe I would believe him !

Yeah but Beltran was tested positive on Decanate , and deca only comes as inter muscular shape of administration ,you can't get deca in pill ,or anything!
This is possible if he was tested positive on Clenbuterol then maybe I would believe him !

Unfortunately I don't know enough about any of the drugs to know how they're taken so I can't test the validity of a statement as well as you can. Thanks for sharing.

Back