Joel Julio-Ishe Smith Tonight on ESPN2......

If only Ishe had power because he has between dropping solid counters on Julio all night.

OK. I'll try to see what Teddy's scorecard says......

smith has a hell of a chin on him.. been taking some nice shots all night.

Yeah, both of them have landed some solid shots.

I just saw the end of Urango-Vilches (didn't see it when it aired). Good grief, that was a hellacious hook!

Ishe has kept his hands hight and he rolls with the shots. Not a lot of solid shots landed.

Smith has so much potential. If he fought the whole fight like he fought in the 10th it would have been a blowout.

I'll be interested to see how the judges scored it.

Smith has so much potential. If he fought the whole fight like he fought in the 10th it would have been a blowout.

I don't think so. He doesn't have the power and I saw him get hit with more solid shots in that round than the others. He just needs to be more productive, but not like the 10th.

Was it me or did Smith look like he thought he had no chance to win that decision?

Sounds like the scores were close to spot on.

look like he had the "I am going to get robbed" face. He has superb defense, but wasn't doing enough. He took a lot of the rounds in the later half when he did.

Yeah, sounds like he needed to turn it up sooner. Hey, Gatti-Robinson I is on ESPN2 now. Nothing wrong with some classic fights......

Ishe has kept his hands hight and he rolls with the shots. Not a lot of solid shots landed.

I saw quite a few flush shots land on Ishe

Smith's problem is he's not active enough. He has a good mind for boxing, but if you aint active enough, you're going to get outworked a lot. You have to be able to blend your counter game with some jabs and what not.

Yeah, sounds like he needed to turn it up sooner. Hey, Gatti-Robinson I is on ESPN2 now. Nothing wrong with some classic fights......

It was an entertaining fight, but after seeing one Gatti fight, you have seen them all. He's either a heavy bag that punches back or just a heavy bag.

I understand what you mean. I haven't seen this fight, so I wanted to check it out.

I had it 7-3 Ishe.

I saw Julio landing an awful lot of punches on Smith's arms and gloves. I saw Smith sweep the last 4 rounds. And then I saw that Smith didn't finish it and KNEW that Julio was getting a decision. Story of Ishe's life.

I was there and thought Ishe won that fight... it was kind of a tough fight to score... Ishe had tight defense but i guess the judges thought he didnt throw enough.

also... WAR Kevin Reynolds gotta support the local guy makin' it on air... hes a good guy and now I think he's in line for the Canadian Cruisweight belt.

Back