Joe Warren's Commentary

His bias for King Mo was pretty funny "oh noessss" he yelled when Mo go Ko'd, I haven't seen such favoritism since Chuck got Ko'd by Shogun.

The play-by-play guy was just as bad.

I thought he was the absolute worst. He mispronounced Kitaoka's name in like 3 different ways. How hard is it to read.

I thought it was some new completely clueless guy, but then they showed the booth and Ferraro sounded like a familiar MMA related name.

I would have loved Quadros and a fighter who can speak.

He's dogshit terrible. Like listening to a drunk Sonnen.

It was awful. He showed some bias and was just saying some 'not-so-flattering' things (most times he was trying to be funny but it just wasn't). He was definitely unpolished and a bit unprofessional. He couldn't even refrain from saying "shit" (which was hilarious lol). He constantly called the ring a "cage" and he obviously just doesn't paid attention to JMMA. He completely confused fighters with other fighters lol. He made terrible calls during the fight and had some weird decision predictions (maybe from not understanding the Rizin rules). It was just awful all around, no silver lining. They definitely need a better duo. Both were pretty bad but Warren was the worst.

I think he was funny at times. I think he did a good job for being new to the job.

There were a few times where he spoke too soon or seemed biased (toward King Mo for example). But we've seen English broadcast commentators be biased before (Schaivello during K-1 IIRC).

I like him as a color commentator, I bet he only gets better. Maybe he was worse than I thought, but it is 3:48AM.
You must have been high and he is not new to the job at all. He has called many Bellator fights.

What was up with the other announcer!?

Literally before every fight, "(This Fighter) likes good food"
"(This FIghter) likes to eat spicy curry"

He said it at least 5 or 6 times!!
I noticed the food thing as well, made me hungry every fight.

I imagined Joe sitting ringside like this. His commentary made more sense in this context.

joewarrenKO2.jpg

It shocks me how much Joe warren and Daniel Cormier sound alike...

Huh, he didn't sound anything like Cormier. I thought he sounded like an extra from Goodfellas. 'Am I a clown? Do I amuse you?'

& yea he was terrible, really really bad. Bad enough that I want him to get KTFO'd in his next fight, lol

I thought it was good.. Aside from the obvious blind Mo bias he was alright.

You guys really need to lighten up, I thought Warren fit the fun, crazy atmosphere great. Sure he stumbled quite a bit but oh well.

"If I were Baruto, I'd put my fat body over TK's mouth and submit him"
"I feel for his wife"

Come the fuck on that is comic gold lol.

I know, right? These guys are expecting higher standards for the commentary than they are the fights themselves.

The most hilarious thing about Warren's commentary is ALL the fights leading up to the Cro Cop one he was, accurately as well, discussing how simply taking a person down wasn't enough to sway judges... complete reversal in the CC/Mo fight.

The most hilarious thing about Warren's commentary is ALL the fights leading up to the Cro Cop one he was, accurately as well, discussing how simply taking a person down wasn't enough to sway judges... complete reversal in the CC/Mo fight.

I remember a part where he was insinuating that the japanese judges were crooked. I think it was during the fight with josh barnett's fighter vs a japanese wrestler who was apparently still in high school.

As he was saying "she was just brought to japan to lose" they announced barnett's fighter as the winner.

I remember a part where he was insinuating that the japanese judges were crooked. I think it was during the fight with josh barnett's fighter vs a japanese wrestler who was apparently still in high school.

As he was saying "she was just brought to japan to lose" they announced barnett's fighter as the winner.
I remember that very clearly.

And then when Kid Yamamoto's guy was fighting Warren was more focused on Kid and trying to insinuate that Kid was scared of him or something too, it was weird.

I thought it was some of the worst commentary I have ever heard. I found him very hard to listen to (the other guy was bad too) and found myself wishing I could somehow mute the commentary but still listen to everything else.

Really hope they get Heath Herring back next time.

I remember that very clearly.

And then when Kid Yamamoto's guy was fighting Warren was more focused on Kid and trying to insinuate that Kid was scared of him or something too, it was weird.

I remember that too.

I thought it was some of the worst commentary I have ever heard. I found him very hard to listen to (the other guy was bad too) and found myself wishing I could somehow mute the commentary but still listen to everything else.

Really hope they get Heath Herring back next time.

They were both bad no doubt, I enjoyed Heath's commentary a lot. I hope he comes back.

Back