Joe Warren's Commentary

Winnipeg Joe

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
First i'd like to start by saying what a great event the 2d Round World GP was!

But I also found Joe Warren's commentary to be confusing, insulting, and down right akward. He didn't start the event this way, but as it went on, he seemed to be more confused, and compensated by making akward comments. His fight analysis is fairly good, i find he should keep it simple instead of creeping out the viewers.

I think he was funny at times. I think he did a good job for being new to the job.

There were a few times where he spoke too soon or seemed biased (toward King Mo for example). But we've seen English broadcast commentators be biased before (Schaivello during K-1 IIRC).

I like him as a color commentator, I bet he only gets better. Maybe he was worse than I thought, but it is 3:48AM.

He needs to not be in the booth in 2 days. I'd like to smack his lying lips of his face. Chael Sonnen lite.

It was very annoying. Calling it the "cage" x10, I assume that was him with awkward singing to Wild Boys, making stupid jokes about "CroCops young girlfriend" for a girl who looked about 4 and was likely CC's friend's daughter, being mega biased for KMo instead of being a neutral commentator, etc.
Hard to imagine a worse commentator.

It was very annoying. Calling it the "cage" x10, I assume that was him with awkward singing to Wild Boys, making stupid jokes about "CroCops young girlfriend" for a girl who looked about 4 and was likely CC's friend's daughter, being mega biased for KMo instead of being a neutral commentator, etc.

Yeah that was freaking cringe worthy. What kind of mentality was going through his mind to say something so borderline pedo.

Who interviewed for the commentator jobs? I want to know who didn't make the cut.

My pick was the Baruto fight. I get there wasn't much else to say but he just cycled back and forth between "TK shouldn't have stolen his lunch!" and "Baruto has the best conditioning of all 350+lb athlese I've ever seen!" How many 350+lb athletes have you actually seen, Joe?

Likely a big fan of Mirko wanted to make dreams come true for the girl and walk out with him.
Joe Warren was shit

His bias didn't really bother me since it was so overt and comical. It's worse to be bias yet put up an veneer of objectivity and do so straight-faced. Warren was having fun with his preferences and made them plain.

Some of his statements were really cringy though. Like the daughter-remark.

Funniest part is when he went "Baruto's leg weights more than me... He's throwing Joe Warrens at TK's skull!"

joe warren's commentary was terrible. it wasn't even the fun terrible, it was just terrible.

It was awful, his jokes were cringe and I never use that word

If I heard it correctly he also claimed Crocop had 50 lbs on king mo.

The girlfriend comment was fkin retarded as fk. Hopefully he don't commentate the next rizin card

I genuinely like Warren as a fighter but this was some of the most annoying commentary ive ever heard.

When Murata tapped to Rin Nakai
"i'd have taken a deep breath and gone to sleep there"
fuck off joe

When the main guy mentioned KID yamamoto watching the fight closely in the front rows seats
"hes been staring at me all night, hes just angry that im in even this building...he just doesnt want to get his ass kicked again"

i didnt like either guys commentary in the kitaoka vs cruickshank fight.

both clearly had no idea who "Kitakawa" was, and the comentary was extremely biased in this and actually many of the fights.

the commentators are supposed to know more about the fighters than the ppl watching at home, and i feel like this was true in around 0% of the cases on this card.

I genuinely like Warren as a fighter but this was some of the most annoying commentary ive ever heard.

When Murata tapped to Rin Nakai
"i'd have taken a deep breath and gone to sleep there"
fuck off joe

When the main guy mentioned KID yamamoto watching the fight closely in the front rows seats
"hes been staring at me all night, hes just angry that im in even this building...he just doesnt want to get his ass kicked again"
Wasn't Warren getting his ass kicked in that fight for a decent portion of it?

Wasn't Warren getting his ass kicked in that fight for a decent portion of it?
i think it was a close split decision but a fair one. KID was coming off 2 potentially career ending injuries though and has done nothing impressive in MMA since suffering said injuries.

i think it was a close split decision but a fair one. KID was coming off 2 potentially career ending injuries though and has done nothing impressive in MMA since suffering said injuries.
Which sucks as the man was a killer prior to them.

I know it was only Souwer but it was cool seeing Miyata work someone on the ground again.

What was up with the other announcer!?

Literally before every fight, "(This Fighter) likes good food"
"(This FIghter) likes to eat spicy curry"

He said it at least 5 or 6 times!!

What was up with the other announcer!?

Literally before every fight, "(This Fighter) likes good food"
"(This FIghter) likes to eat spicy curry"

He said it at least 5 or 6 times!!

every fighter on the card needed to "get out of dodge" on several occasions during their fights.

Back