Joe thinks round 2 Bektic vs IGE was 10-8 lol?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by TomTomNT, Feb 8, 2020.

1. TomTomNT Brown Belt

What the fuck am i hearing right now? Just because there was a sub attempt its a 10-8 now? Lmao.... Rogan and Cruz out here high as fuck on cloud 9... Cruz thought Latifi won every round just because he got a takedown that lasted 1 second....

Im so happy Judges are no longer rewarding these stupid fucking tiny takedowns that lead to nothing over a guy eating 50 shots to the face and losing the round because he got taken down 1 time in that round

2. welcometohavoc Yellow Card Yellow Card

Under the new rules it might have been, but this isn't being held under the new rules

3. TheIconTheSmooth Banned Banned

I mean what did ige do that round other then survive?

4. Jojomojo Purple Belt

Joe trying to discuss abandoning the scoring system in the middle of the fight...Like wtf.
    The drugs are taking its toll

5. MigitAs Brown Belt

Joe looking old

That shit on his face is grey af.

6. Wizzlebiz Wizzlebiz is the Wizziest

I agree. Thing is the issues are real but he just sounds like a disgruntled employee voicing his grievances on national television.

There are better ways to attack the issues.

7. sangreporsangre Gold Belt

Rogan should be confined to his deprivation tank with his place on the broadcast team taken by Stephen A Smith imo.

8. TomTomNT Brown Belt

He waited until the guy burned out his arms and got out of the choke without issues and won round 3 because of that and won the fight? the fuck you been watching?

Just because Joe is yelling and freaking out does not mean the sub close... Ige never squirmed and looked calm and never even looked in trouble at all.....Dont know what made that choke look close... even Cruz who is a wrestling fan boy said that choke looked high.... while Joe was freaking the fuck out lmao.... 10-8 because of 1 sub attempt? What the fuck are we trying to go back to GSP pillow days now? 1 takedown=1 round won?

9. kriminal.pro Green Belt

I think what was worse was calling the last round close..

Saying he can't pick a winner - punches were like 15-3 .. he was saying you have ige with the stand up and bektic with the take down - the take down it wasn't even a take down it was just scrambles with 0 damage by bektic.

I legit said out load STFU Joe.

10. ZOD66 Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Joe ' I like drugs' Rogan

11. Fight Professor Gold Belt

Why does it take that much time for every commission to switch to the same rules?

12. poor form Banned Banned

I shake my head at half of what he says. I try to ignore it, but it’s almost impossible sometimes.

13. Volador Brown Belt

Haha yeah. I laughed when Joe said something like “Man, this round might be a draw. Ige hurt Bektic in the striking in the first half, however Bektic controlled Ige on the second half, but did no damage. How do you score that?”

Well, Joe. You score it for the dude doing the damage. Ige’s striking was clearly more effective than Bektic’s grappling.

14. Street Bishop Blue Belt

Replace him with Stephen A.

15. greenseeker Green Belt

Ige was completely shut down in round 2, that's why it could be considered a 10-8 under the new rules, not because Bektic did a ton of damage or was particularly threatening. The new rules are more liberal with 10-8 and 10-7 rounds so that we don't see so many close fights and ties when the fight wasn't really that close.

Edging out your opponent shouldn't be scored the same as shutting down your opponent and controlling the entire round like it is under the old rules.

16. markys00 Silver Belt

i think he was saying under the new judging criteria, one could argue it being a 10-8

i dont think so... but hey, sherdog wanted them, it was such a good idea! more liberal 10-8s. so stupid. would it be the worse 10-8 we've seen? no. would it be a bad one. yea

17. markys00 Silver Belt

texas realized the new scoring criteria is ass.

but they didnt realize they have some of the worst judges in the business. lololol

18. JKS 77+&--#rT....

He said under the new system it would be