Media Joe Soliz (Only Judge To Not Give Krause Round 1) Is Facebook Friends With Trevin Giles

He gave Giles 1 and 2, and there's no way in hell Giles won round 1. Krause was on Giles' back most of the round and nearly got the RNC.

If he had given Krause round 1 like he should have, Krause would have won.

I know but most of the media scoring had Giles winning 2 and 3. He was in the minority scoring that third round for Krause.

I had money on James but I dont believe there was conspiracy in that fight. The night just presented some people being bad at their jobs.

Needs to be a way to file an appeal and have 5 or even 10 unbiased people watch the fight over and see if they agree with the judges.

No real MMA follower thought Giles won. There’s just no way possible he won.

Who is Joe Soliz?
Based in Texas, Soliz is a 60-year-old MMA instructor and coach who has been officiating MMA events since the early 2000s. Prior to his judging career, Soliz supposedly trained in numerous traditional mixed martial arts and became a black belt in five of them.

Per the TX 3rd Coast MMA gym website, Soliz’s achievements within martial arts include “Black Belt and Professor in Jiu Jitsu, Full Instructor in Jeet Kune Do, Black Belt in Judo, Black Belt in Tai Kwon Do, Golden Gloves Champion, Professional and Amateur Boxing Coach, Professional and Amateur MMA Coach, and Certified Referee.”

7kjTFmD.png

Following his career as a martial artist, Soliz moved into coaching, founding the TX 3rd Coast MMA gym with his family, and most recently has made the transition into MMA judging. In order to do this, Soliz trained under former UFC judge Doc Hamilton, who also gained notoriety for several poor decisions including his involvement in Lyoto Machida’s victory over Shogun Rua at UFC 104.
He also spent quite a bit of time being trained by the same guy that currently coaches Giles.

Back