Joe Soliz judged bout (Giles vs. Krause) coached by former trainer at UFC 247

and ppl want ex fighters/trainers/etc to be judges...

we could see more of this.. or at least accuse more ppl of this. we already have ppl screaming about rogan bias

This is disappointing. I can’t beleive mma junkie posted an opinion piece defending this guy

fucking sites will post anything for hot take clicks

so will people stop saying fighters and former trainers should be judges now?

and ppl want ex fighters/trainers/etc to be judges...

we could see more of this.. or at least accuse more ppl of this. we already have ppl screaming about rogan bias
Judges should solely be recruited from sherdog

reyes did great and it was close but it was no robbery. neither was gsp Hendricks. when people really want someone to lose they hang on to so many things.
Yeah. It was close. But 49-46 was idiotic.

I had it 48-47 Reyes but I thought Jones was getting the decision.

And GSP beat Hendricks under the 10 points scoring system.

reyes did great and it was close but it was no robbery. neither was gsp Hendricks. when people really want someone to lose they hang on to so many things.

I'll never care too much about a Jones decision because perception is so skewed that you can't have a rational discussion about it. People are simply too emotionally invested in a Jon Jones fight to know where they're coming from. That isn't to say the hate is invalid, but you never know how that bias is going to impact people's judgment. There are people who watch a fight and see significant strikes, output, and aggression for what they are. Then there are those who see the endless steroid problems, a dangerously bad driver, a liar, a cheater, etc. and they're a far bigger presence. It's the same thing with McGregor, another fighter who is seemingly beyond objectivity for reasons that have nothing at all to do with fighting (made worse by fans of fighters who get too much credit for losing fights).

I think Jones lost, don't think it was a robbery though, but I also have to question my own bias because honestly I'm still chafed about Jones performance against Santos, which I think was a considerably worse fight for him.

But if he was so biased then why did he score third for Krause? Round most had for Giles.

I do sympathise fully with krause here and I respect how he's conducting himself. No doubt in my mind that judge had a Conflict of interest. There's no justification on how you can score round one to Giles. Krause was on him from the off and nearly got a submission

Back