Joe Scarborough: Independent Conservative Evan McMullin will announce candidacy for president.

He's probably being paid by Hillary to steal republican votes

Sounds more like a plot by Goldman Sachs, who want Hillary to win, to split the vote between Conservatives to help ensure Hillary makes it to the White House.

He's probably being paid by Hillary to steal republican votes
Evan McMullin was the chief policy director of the House Republican Conference. The guy is a life-long Republican.

So there goes that theory.

Evan McMullin - “In a year where Americans have lost faith in the candidates of both major parties, it’s time for a generation of new leadership to step up. It’s never too late to do the right thing, and America deserves much better than either Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton can offer us. I humbly offer myself as a leader who can give millions of disaffected Americans a better choice for President.”

Do the McMullen supporters even know what happens if he wins Utah and denies both Hillary and Trump 270 electoral votes?

Then the congress decide who's the next President, and since the Republicans have the majority and they'll want to keep their seats and not get primaried, they'll vote for Trump. And, chances are, Utah's congressmen will vote for Trump as well because who else are they going to vote for? Hillary?

Completely pointless, and a waste of time.

Do the McMullen supporters even know what happens if he wins Utah and denies both Hillary and Trump 270 electoral votes?

Then the congress decide who's the next President, and since the Republicans have the majority and they'll want to keep their seats and not get primaried, they'll vote for Trump. And, chances are, Utah's congressmen will vote for Trump as well because who else are they going to vote for? Hillary?

Completely pointless, and a waste of time.

You sure about that. You think they'll vote for Trump???

Ya know, they can vote for McMullin. The new race would be between the top 3 vote-getters (electoral votes). Evan McMullin would be the only true Conservative between the three. Not to mention, the only sensible one between the three.

17qt1OkJWcCXK2Ptfq29iJqnHRMXU1eghBAYj0Jyvy540Tg8012qnOjZe5z-vPInS3u22NCxsSnT_pqTh7cUwG9juHaFWLqOqnM0Mx5b-cINE7VCH9ZOjKeGFss39YPZlg_JRxpU_LfPbifSerMO9q-2oh6VtnK5genhGprCX7Y_srKm2qRweCN1N-RrlMGNeHiDjaKrPoM=w426-h237

Last edited:
You sure about that. You think they'll vote for Trump???

Ya know, they can vote for McMullin. The new race woudl be between the top 3 vote-getters (electoral votes).

17qt1OkJWcCXK2Ptfq29iJqnHRMXU1eghBAYj0Jyvy540Tg8012qnOjZe5z-vPInS3u22NCxsSnT_pqTh7cUwG9juHaFWLqOqnM0Mx5b-cINE7VCH9ZOjKeGFss39YPZlg_JRxpU_LfPbifSerMO9q-2oh6VtnK5genhGprCX7Y_srKm2qRweCN1N-RrlMGNeHiDjaKrPoM=w426-h237

They're not retarded, and can't convince the majority of the congress to vote for McMullen, so yes.

They'll vote for Trump.

They're not retarded, and can't convince the majority of the congress to vote for McMullen, so yes.

They'll vote for Trump.

You're not making sense.

Voting for Trump is retarded. Especially when you have a decent alternative right there.

You're not making sense.

Voting for Trump is retarded. Especially when you have a decent alternative right there.

I'm making perfect sense.

And, I'm not sure you understand this, but McMullen is only on the ballet in Utah. He's not an optional alternative in any other state, but Utah.

Reality check - Either Trump or Hillary is going to be the next President.

How is McMullen going to get 270 electoral votes? He's on the ballet in one state.

And, mark my words on this, IF somehow someway, McMullen wins and the Presidency goes to congress to decide... Utah is going to be the biggest joke in the country, with no chance for a Mormon to ever win the Republican nomination again, and will further split conservatives within the Republican party.

This subject is worth less than the time I've dedicated to discussing it. Good day.

Evan McMullin, the chief policy director for Republicans in the U.S. House of Representatives, will offer discontented members of his party an option this November by launching an independent, conservative bid for president.

“In a year where Americans have lost faith in the candidates of both major parties, it’s time for a generation of new leadership to step up," McMullin said in a statement to ABC News. "It’s never too late to do the right thing, and America deserves much better than either Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton can offer us. I humbly offer myself as a leader who can give millions of disaffected Americans a conservative choice for President.”

McMullin, who has never held elected office, was an operations officer for the CIA for 11 years from 1999 to 2010, according to his LinkedIn page. He earned an MBA in 2011 from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, the alma mater of GOP presidential nominee Donald Trump. He has also worked at Goldman Sachs, as a volunteer refugee resettlement officer for the United Nations and as a deckhand on a commercial fishing boat in Alaska.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/08/evan-mcmullin-2016-presidential-run-226784#ixzz4GkRb1k8s

He is Mormon. Utah is in play.

Trump is a Wharton grad as well. He will not be happy.

I'm making perfect sense.

And, I'm not sure you understand this, but McMullen is only on the ballet in Utah. He's not an optional alternative in any other state, but Utah.

Reality check - Either Trump or Hillary is going to be the next President.

How is McMullen going to get 270 electoral votes? He's on the ballet in one state.

And, mark my words on this, IF somehow someway, McMullen wins and the Presidency goes to congress to decide... Utah is going to be the biggest joke in the country, with no chance for a Mormon to ever win the Republican nomination again, and will further split conservatives within the Republican party.

This subject is worth less than the time I've dedicated to discussing it. Good day.

The "joke" on all of us is that Donald Trump could actually become the President of the U.S.

If Utah sends the election to the House of Representatives (blocking Trump/Hillary from 270), it would be historic. Conservatives in the House could return the favor and send Evan McMullin to the White House, saving us all from Trump/Hillary.

McMullin*
ballot*

The "joke" on all of us is that Donald Trump could actually become the President of the U.S.

If Utah sends the election to the House of Representatives (blocking Trump/Hillary from 270), it would be historic. Conservatives in the House could return the favor and send Evan McMullin to the White House, saving us all from Trump/Hillary.

McMullin*
ballot*

Thank you for correcting the spelling of his name, and of ballot, and proving you're delusional.

True, and the CIA is probably really interested in developing countries (missionary feeding grounds).
Less so than you might think. That was more popular during the Cold War when it was about denying the Soviets territory, particularly given that nuclear missiles could be staged close to American borders. Today, the threat landscape is considerably different.

Less so than you might think. That was more popular during the Cold War when it was about denying the Soviets territory, particularly given that nuclear missiles could be staged close to American borders. Today, the threat landscape is considerably different.
I didn't necessarily mean that aspect, more just information gathering. AFAIK the CIA does a lot of work just keeping tabs on economies, resources, and the like.

Harrison Ford could run using the name Han Solo and not only win but do a better job than these 2 dumpties.

I didn't necessarily mean that aspect, more just information gathering. AFAIK the CIA does a lot of work just keeping tabs on economies, resources, and the like.
They certainly keep desks and keep eyes on things like that. However, it's not hard to figure out which region of the world that most case officers are working on or in. Like any large organization, it has tiered priorities, and as such, recruitment for Spanish-speaking individuals with knowledge of South America isn't quite on the same level as it is for recruitment for those with a working knowledge of the Middle East and accompanying language skills. Mormon missionaries aren't flooding into places like Syria, so the disproportionately large amount of Mormons isn't reflective of their mission experience. Honestly, they are generally hard-working, well-educated, and patriotic people that are motivated by things other than financial rewards (CIA pay is crap). They just have the personality traits that fit in well with the company more than others do.

Back