Joe Rogan: "WOW.... Wow.... Wow... wow... wow...."

Goldie was so great! Such a good guy! On a side note, Id love to know what fight that was.

"He's standing against the cage right in front of a big lightheavyweight" Rogan ( paraphrased)

"And a big lightheavyweight" Goldie.

So many great lines from that dude.

"Everything else is virtually identical"

Rogan has inside info of just how severely injured Conor was and it blew his mind that he still pulled it off.

You think I'm triggered because I provided factual evidence that proved you were wrong and thus an idiot? Sounds like you're the emotional one here! Get over it.

Yeah but he took on a much bigger man on short notice. Obviously he would end up being inefficient with his energy and gas right?

It's amazing Conor was able to not only throw more strikes while having to deal with way more grappling than the Diaz fight but managed not to "gas" after getting hit with a 1 2.

You saw how he was all over "His Royal Pain in the Irish Rear" in that fight?
What does this even mean?

If Chad had a full camp, he would've decimated Conor on the ground. YOU get over it.

It was only because he gassed(which doesn't happen with a full-camp) that he became a stationary target for Conor.

You have no evidence of that first of all. You also have no evidence he only lost because he was gassed. You also have no evidence why he was gassed. Considering he WAS preparing for the fight before he was called. Considering in his own words he is ALWAYS in shape. There's no reason to believe Chad wasn't in more than good enough shape to go more than ONE ROUND and ONE HALF. Conor didn't have a full-camp either due to a torn MCL, and even The Notorious Gasser had more energy than Chad.

Maybe if you weren't a complete idiot you would see the real reason why Chad was gassed after just 7 minutes and that was because Conor was beating the absolute shit out of him. That wears you down bud.

The reality is Conor dominated him with the same amount of preparation. A "supposed match-up nightmare" which in a sense I don't completely disagree with, which is why Chad was able to be even more successful than he would with a full camp. Just like Nate Diaz.

Deal with it.

Time to stop living in a fantasy land...lmao
LOL nice find. Not that it matters all that much. Many people have had total surprise short notice fights and done well -- fighting the same opponents they did way worse against with a full camp. Bisping and Nate come to mind instantly...

These are professional athletes, they stay in shape 24/7, and they're always in the gym training even if they're not in fight camp. But the Sherbro narrative always makes it seem like a no-camp fighter is some Average Joe that rolled off the couch fat and unable to run a mile.

But back to the Mendes fight:

Conor:

- tore his ACL not long before the fight, was still very shy about his knee in the fight
- didn't prepare for a wrestler, and his torn ACL made him avoid TDD in camp

Mendes:

- was training actively to replace Aldo
- Actually prepared specifically for Conor

The fight was actually immensely in favor of Mendes, preparation wise.

LOL nice find. Not that it matters all that much. Many people have had total surprise short notice fights and done well -- fighting the same opponents they did way worse against with a full camp. Bisping and Nate come to mind instantly...

These are professional athletes, they stay in shape 24/7, and they're always in the gym training even if they're not in fight camp. But the Sherbro narrative always makes it seem like a no-camp fighter is some Average Joe that rolled off the couch fat and unable to run a mile.

But back to the Mendes fight:

Conor:

- tore his ACL not long before the fight, was still very shy about his knee in the fight
- didn't prepare for a wrestler, and his torn ACL made him avoid TDD in camp

Mendes:

- was training actively to replace Aldo
- Actually prepared specifically for Conor

Yeah, I could see how a five round fight would be tough, but it was after seven minutes...

Idiots don't realize Conor had a shortened camp too, with virtually little wrestling or cardio training. Considering double-legs can be a weakness to Conor, it was also more detrimental for him not being able to prepare for that in a camp.

Often the difference between a street fight and a sport fight is your ability to game plan your weaknesses.

Yeah but he took on a much bigger man on short notice. Obviously he would end up being inefficient with his energy and gas right?

It's amazing Conor was able to not only throw more strikes while having to deal with way more grappling than the Diaz fight but managed not to "gas" after getting hit with a 1 2.

I used to think Chad was smaller than Conor too, but he weighed over 170 for his SUBG match...He's bigger than I expected. Still not quite Conor's size, but not quite the size differential most people think it was.

The biggest problem for Chad in this fight was he just wasn't good enough. He got hit a ton, head, body..when that happens it drains you. It's a big reason Conor loses energy so fast, is because he's constantly will to trade hits because of his chin. He also shot A LOT. Around 10 times in a round and a half, and that's not normal for Chad in an MMA fight. Conor blocked most of them, and all but one Conor eventually got up from. That'll wear any wrestler out eventually.

Still Conor was also visibly tired too from the take downs and eating some big shots himself. Just not as much as Chad, because he was winning the exchanges and exerting himself less as a result. I think people do underrate his cardio though. You have to remember MMA fighters in general don't set a high pace. Nate is obviously the exception, and why it stood out more and made Conor look like he was dying in there for oxygen.

17JOaML.gif

Yeah, I could see how a five round fight would be tough, but it was after seven minutes...

Idiots don't realize Conor had a shortened camp too, with virtually little wrestling or cardio training. Considering double-legs can be a weakness to Conor, it was also more detrimental for him not being able to prepare for that in a camp.

Often the difference between a street fight and a sport fight is your ability to game plan your weaknesses.
Except Conor himself has told everyone he never trained for a specific opponent.

Or is Conor a liar?

I used to think Chad was smaller than Conor too, but he weighed over 170 for his SUBG match...He's bigger than I expected. Still not quite Conor's size, but not quite the size differential most people think it was.

The biggest problem for Chad in this fight was he just wasn't good enough. He got hit a ton, head, body..when that happens it drains you. It's a big reason Conor loses energy so fast, is because he's constantly will to trade hits because of his chin. He also shot A LOT. Around 10 times in a round and a half, and that's not normal for Chad in an MMA fight. Conor blocked most of them, and all but one Conor eventually got up from. That'll wear any wrestler out eventually.

Still Conor was also visibly tired too from the take downs and eating some big shots himself. Just not as much as Chad, because he was winning the exchanges and exerting himself less as a result. I think people do underrate his cardio though. You have to remember MMA fighters in general don't set a high pace. Nate is obviously the exception, and why it stood out more and made Conor look like he was dying in there for oxygen.

That was pretty well put but I'm not so sure about the "Chad not being good enough" part since he only had a couple weeks to train.

Also not sold on the Nate putting on a high pace either in that fight cause he really didn't. Conor hitting someone and them still coming forward definitely had an affect on his confidence though and probably hurt his moral not being used to that which could definitely lead to an adrenalin dump.

That was pretty well put but I'm not so sure about the "Chad not being good enough" part since he only had a couple weeks to train.

Also not sold on the Nate putting on a high pace either in that fight cause he really didn't. Conor hitting someone and them still coming forward definitely had an affect on his confidence though and probably hurt his moral not being used to that which could definitely lead to an adrenalin dump.

He stated he was training longer. Conor also had a shortened camp. Maybe it's harsh to put it that way, but it's kind of true. A wrestler just generally isn't going to beat a guy with solid enough grappling that wants to keep the fighting standing where the excel. Wrestlers aren't having the same kind of success they used to have because of that. Because of the development of TDD in MMA. If you notice - the only wrestlers that are champs anymore also happen to be arguably the best strikers in their division i.e. DC, TJ, and Tyron. Chad's not a bad striker, but he's not one of the best strikers in the division either. He really needed to be to be able to beat Conor.

Nate also really did, but I don't disagree that Conor could have been demoralized either.

He stated he was training longer. Conor also had a shortened camp. Maybe it's harsh to put it that way, but it's kind of true. A wrestler just generally isn't going to beat a guy with solid enough grappling that wants to keep the fighting standing where the excel. Wrestlers aren't having the same kind of success they used to have because of that. Because of the development of TDD in MMA. If you notice - the only wrestlers that are champs anymore also happen to be arguably the best strikers in their division i.e. DC, TJ, and Tyron. Chad's not a bad striker, but he's not one of the best strikers in the division either. He really needed to be to be able to beat Conor.

Nate also really did, but I don't disagree that Conor could have been demoralized either.

Again I don't entirely disagree but Chad had quite a bit of success on the feet which definitely helped set up the takedowns.

Unfortunately we will never know how that fight plays out if Chad had a full camp just like we will never find out how an Aldo fight would go in a rematch cause Conor took the belt and never came back as an active champion in 2 weightclasses as he claimed he would have no problem doing.

This is also the first I've heard of him having a shortened camp but whatever, it's all irrelevant at this point anyway and will always remain a ?

Again I don't entirely disagree but Chad had quite a bit of success on the feet which definitely helped set up the takedowns.

Unfortunately we will never know how that fight plays out if Chad had a full camp just like we will never find out how an Aldo fight would go in a rematch cause Conor took the belt and never came back as an active champion in 2 weightclasses as he claimed he would have no problem doing.

This is also the first I've heard of him having a shortened camp but whatever, it's all irrelevant at this point anyway and will always remain a ?

Of course he had success, because he's not a bad striker. However, he clearly isn't on Conor's level.

And Jose getting beaten pillar to post twice by Holloway knocked that question mark out if there ever was one.

Conor didn't really need to come back to FW outside of maybe Edgar. If it was close decision or an unbelievable win, I would say so, but they were decisive wins.

Conor also tore his knee during the camp, and had to rehab it. It's why Conor was so upset at Jose for pulling out.

Of course he had success, because he's not a bad striker. However, he clearly isn't on Conor's level.

And Jose getting beaten pillar to post twice by Holloway knocked that question mark out if there ever was one.

Conor didn't really need to come back to FW outside of maybe Edgar. If it was close decision or an unbelievable win, I would say so, but they were decisive wins.

Conor also tore his knee during the camp, and had to rehab it. It's why Conor was so upset at Jose for pulling out.

Haha, Aldo was far from beaten "pillar to post" by Hollaway.

The first fight for the first 9 minutes looked like it was going to be business as usual for Aldo winning a lopsided desicion
and round 1 of the rematch was also very competitive. Plus are you really trying to use Conors win over a much younger Max in 2012 or whenever it was as proof Conor would have easily won a rematch? Lol.

By that logic Cowboy or Jim Miller beat Conor right since Nate beat them so easily back around the same time right?

Haha, Aldo was far from beaten "pillar to post" by Hollaway.

The first fight for the first 9 minutes looked like it was going to be business as usual for Aldo winning a lopsided desicion
and round 1 of the rematch was also very competitive. Plus are you really trying to use Conors win over a much younger Max in 2012 or whenever it was as proof Conor would have easily won a rematch? Lol.

By that logic Cowboy or Jim Miller beat Conor right since Nate beat them so easily back around the same time right?

Yeah...that's not what happened at all. Aldo won the first round of their first fight, and that was it...Max thoroughly and easily out struck him. Conor easily outstruck Max. You can cry all you want about how Max was young....they both started training MMA the same year, and Max had more total fights, and more fights in the UFC. Not to mention...Conor had a torn ACL in this fight. Conor is just clearly a better striker than both of them, especially Jose.

I appreciate you for trying to have a civil conversation though. It seems your bias is creeping in pretty heavily, but you are doing your best to control it. Good job!

STFU. Mendes was supposed to crush him! Wasn't Conor's fault his opponent dropped out, and he made Mendes look like trash.

One fighter looked overrated in that fight. The other was a Chad Mendes. One fighter begged the ref for stand ups. The other was Mendes.

Back