Joe Rogan was wrong about Mirko Cro Cop.

Milk for gaining fat, you mean?

Schaub fight: 235 lbs

Schaub-CroCop-UFC128-2.jpg

Ishii 2 fight: 235 lbs

cro_cop_ishii_high%20kick.JPG

Yes for gains

Yes winning the Shiitake Mushroom Championship and getting handed a K-1 Quarter Final win by biased Croatian judges is very impressive. He should have Cain's belt within a year.

Maybe he will be MMA's Foreman.

CC 2016 HW champion

igf-3112.jpg

Thanks for contributing.

I'm happy Mirko was as successful as he was but this means almost nothing. His pure standup is still good enough to win kickboxing fights, cool. I was stoked he won a K-1 GP. How about MMA? Against someone other than Ishii? We've already seen how this goes. And literally the only reason he's been signed is because the UFC wanted to stop Bellator from doing it. Yeah, that's a real vote of confidence in his skills from Dana White and Joe Silva. To say Cro Cop "has a lot left" is a uh... stretch, putting it nicely.

His K1 run (not even the FEG k1, though the newer version also didn't pay their fighters) was a bit ruined due to the obvious robbery in quarter finals and some ignoring of Cro Cops fouls later on. Praising him for it is sort of like praising someone for getting a job at a company where their dad is the CEO.

He hasn't looked any better in mma. Yeah, he beat Ishii, but Ishii is most impressive to those who haven't been following his career. His wins are all against semi or fully retired fighters showing up with little to no training and he looks in unimpressive even against them.

The UFC signed him to keep him away from Bellator and that's it. Though it seems pointless IMO. US mma fans sadly don't hold Mirko in very high regard due to him being passed it when he finally started fighting there.

Cop would probably still be kickboxing but in 2015 not many promoters out there can pay for him.

I'm a big Cro Cop fan, he's a favorite, but this signing makes me very worried. He's shown warrior spirit for near twenty years, but he's taken a lot of damage and has definitely slowed down in his older age. I'm really torn, I love a Cro Cop fight, but it would kill me to see him take more brain damage.

His last few kickboxing matches left alot to be desired.

Agreed. And I am a HUGE Crocop fan.

I love him, I really do. if he wants to fight for UFC again, let him do it. But I hope for the best, fear for the worst. And I am bit afraid for his health, he has so much wear on his body over all these years

But he has the fighting spirit indeed.

I hope him the best. He is a powerful man but I think one of his strongest points was his speed and reflexes. He threw kicks hard and quick and dodged punches beautifully from Wanderlei in their second fight, dont remember Wand hitting him at all. Mirko dropped him with a beautiful counter straight and knocked him out with that trademark kick. What a fight.

I love Cro Cop as much as the next fan, but this was a bad move for everyone. Who will he fight that is a good matchup in the current HW? Not only that how will this look in that anti-trust lawsuit?

They should have let him go to Bellator. Coker could have put together fun but winnable matchups and there would be less bitching about him fighting tomato cans.

I don't care what Rogan says. I'm ordering every Jon Jones, Crocop, Weidman, Lyoto PPV.

I just hope Crocop is healthy at fight time.

I'm a bigger CC fan than most and I'm sorry to say but CC only looks great overseas where there's no regulated drug testings. Look at his aggressive difference from before the UFC, during the UFC, and after. It's a totally different man.

I'm a bigger CC fan than most and I'm sorry to say but CC only looks great overseas where there's no regulated drug testings. Look at his aggressive difference from before the UFC, during the UFC, and after. It's a totally different man.

Why ? He has struggled against even relatively low competition, he barely bet a boxer in a kickboxing match in Jarrell Miller, got choked by a mid-tier guy in Oliynyk and struggled with a novelty fighter in Ishii...he has looked the same as his ufc bouts.

Only guy he looked good in against was a sumo wrestler making his debut, it was great to see Mirko land a LHK against Isshi 2 but he looked far from great.

The UFC signed him because Bellator was trying to get him. Nothing more, nothing less. They were probably particularly afraid of a Fedor vs. Cro-cop rematch igniting interest in Bellator.

How many times are people gonna buy the whole "Mirko is back" mantra?? He has consistently disappointed and made excuses every time. He does not have the mental, or physical tools to fight at the highest levels of MMA. Period. If he wins at all, I will be surprised.....

I tend to think he doesn't have much left however I think if he dropped to light heavy which him being a smaller Hw anyway shouldn't be that hard.. I would tend to think he would maybe give him another spark

if you're such a big Cro Cop fan, would know that he passed his drug test in California six months ago when he fought for glory.

he went toe to toe with Ray Sefo lately and won, his chin is doing just fine.

Back