Joe Rogan signs for 1 more year with UFC (no international travel)

When Joe does retire, it'd be amazing, if they could get fighters on guest comm.

Rogan is overpaid.. But he has chops. His Fox fail should have drastically taken his pay down, to be honest. But again, he has talent and on camera chops.

I don't like older than middle age childless druggies who think they should tell people how to live, personally. I think Rogan is kept because he knows the company line so well; it isn't really his announcing, it's almost his... borderline kayfabe sense? He knows who to push, he knows who not to, he knows how not to make it too obvious to casual fans, and he knows how to put the brand first. Somebody else coming in may just be good at calling fights.. That's not the whole gig. You have to play the UFC game. That's worth something, but not 24,000,000. Stann does just as well, and others like him could for a couple million a year.

Rogan is overpaid.. But he has chops. His Fox fail should have drastically taken his pay down, to be honest. But again, he has talent and on camera chops.

I don't like older than middle age childless druggies who think they should tell people how to live, personally. I think Rogan is kept because he knows the company line so well; it isn't really his announcing, it's almost his... borderline kayfabe sense? He knows who to push, he knows who not to, he knows how not to make it too obvious to casual fans, and he knows how to put the brand first. Somebody else coming in may just be good at calling fights.. That's not the whole gig. You have to play the UFC game. That's worth something, but not 24,000,000. Stann does just as well, and others like him could for a couple million a year.
Hmmmm.... Rogan has 2 children and Stann is terrible.

I think the Buffer brothers are clowns but seriously they are such a part of sportsfighting I can't imagine events without them.

Hopefully Rogan doesn't leave the UFC. At least he has the capability to get excited during fights. Goldberg usually sounds like he just woke up from a nap. Plus Rogan is very knowledgeable. Yes he shows fighter favoritism but then again why shouldn't he as a true fan of the sport.

Hmmmm.... Rogan has 2 children and Stann is terrible.

No sh*t? Didn't know that about Rogan. Surprised he still likes drugs.

Stann? Naw, Stann isn't terrible. I guess he isn't going to capture the raw emotion of a big moment, but he is a pro and does pretty well I think.

Dat girl on the left is loaded, damn!

Hah...someone pointed that out in a previous thread. I've seen the gif a ton of times but never noticed it until they pointed it out.

Only a year? I wonder if that means Dana is only planning on sticking around for a year

lol I had not noticed that, but it is true. Hardy seems like a good guy but he lost me in the JJ vs Penne and Gunnar vs Story fights. In the JJ vs Penne fight, he kept talking shit on JJ for throwing light and fast flurries to get the ref to stop the fight when in reality her hands were broken. In the Gunnar fight, he kept saying insane shit about Gunnar "Can ANYONE solve the mystery that is Gunnar Nelson?!" while Story was beating his ass basically the entire time.

In Hardy's defense, how the hell was he supposed to know her hands were broken during the fight???

No sh*t? Didn't know that about Rogan. Surprised he still likes drugs.

Stann? Naw, Stann isn't terrible. I guess he isn't going to capture the raw emotion of a big moment, but he is a pro and does pretty well I think.
Where he lives grass is just as legal as beer. He isn't out there Wolf of Wallstreeting it. Stann is too robotic for me and like previously mentioned wrongfully pronounces certain techniques. To each their own though my man.

Is he not going to commentate at non-US PPVs? That would actually be great.

Stann doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about, somehow. I never imagined a pro fighter could be clueless about fighting until he started commentating.

I disagree. He's definitely better than Goldie, Anik, and (in my opinion) Kenny Florian. He always comments on what an opponent in a bad situation needs to do to escape or improve their position. He also doesn't get incredibly emotional like Rogan.
In Hardy's defense, how the hell was he supposed to know her hands were broken during the fight???

He wasn't supposed to know that, but he was acting like she has some secret cowardly strategy of throwing useless punches in order to get the ref to stop the fight prematurely. He was being over the top and insulting about it. I remember him saying something like "a veteran ref like Mark Goddard [a british ref, surprise surprise! no bias there!] is not going to be fooled by those punches!"

It was really weird. Not to mention Penne already looked like a walking corpse at the time Hardy was saying all this.

Does anybody think he signed a 1 year deal because Dana might be getting out after a year ? I don't personally think that but it was a theory I heard and wanted to put it out there for debate.

"He's hurt Mike, he's hurt Mike, he's hurt Mike".... 2 seconds later giving tactical breakdown of the clinch work against the cage :rolleyes::oops:o_O

Bring in Sonnen. Also the hatchet should be buried with Couture because he is an excellent commentator.

12 PPV's a year, 2 million per pay per view. Fuck yeah!
I'm gonna need a sauce on 2mil a year, not calling you a liar but that's a ridiculous amount of money to pay an announcer

I'm gonna need a sauce on 2mil a year, not calling you a liar but that's a ridiculous amount of money to pay an announcer
I haven't been able to confirm this one yet myself. Very skeptical.

Back