Joe Rogan signs for 1 more year with UFC (no international travel)

He might continue to sign 1 year deals. If a good fight card can push him to signing this time it can get him next year too. Just curious who would you like to replace him ?

Rogan style is part of the UFC brand. He and Goldberg are part of the UFC, will be awkward when one of them get out.

Rogan passion and understanding for BJJ is something I really like about him.

Good for him to make that much but considering what the fighters get its pretty sad.

What can he do otherwise? The fear factor was ages ago. He is got his podcast but it is pretty much fueled by his affiliation with UFC. Joe will stay with the UFC for a lot longer than one year. Bet on it.

On a separate note, early on, if your job requires traveling you think it is the greatest thing in the world. After a few years though most people begin to loathe work related travel.

Stann is somewhat ignorant of the grappling game imo, not to mention I cringe so hard everytime I hear him refer to the whizzer as "wizard".

Anik: Fighter A is shooting for a Single Leg on Fighter B!

Stann: Fighter B needs to quickly secure his WIZARD!!!

<1>

lol I had not noticed that, but it is true. Hardy seems like a good guy but he lost me in the JJ vs Penne and Gunnar vs Story fights. In the JJ vs Penne fight, he kept talking shit on JJ for throwing light and fast flurries to get the ref to stop the fight when in reality her hands were broken. In the Gunnar fight, he kept saying insane shit about Gunnar "Can ANYONE solve the mystery that is Gunnar Nelson?!" while Story was beating his ass basically the entire time.

Could we see another once ever in that timeframe?

Hardy is too biased in favor of Europeans. I like Stann and Rogan.
Stann doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about, somehow. I never imagined a pro fighter could be clueless about fighting until he started commentating.

Is he really on $24,000,000 a year from the UFC?!

No, Rogan does not make anywhere close to that.

I could have sworn Joe said in some bum podcast (comedian friend of his) that he makes slightly less than Al Michaels (5 million a year).

My guess is he clears about 2-3mil a year (from the UFC) before taxes.

What can he do otherwise? The fear factor was ages ago. He is got his podcast but it is pretty much fueled by his affiliation with UFC. Joe will stay with the UFC for a lot longer than one year. Bet on it.

On a separate note, early on, if your job requires traveling you think it is the greatest thing in the world. After a few years though most people begin to loathe work related travel.
He is doing standup and the podcast. He is set with money at this point.

So its buisness as usual the target fanbase will be happy wont you now that you still have you white american steroid filled bald middle aged Rogan and White thats all you really care about isnt it

I'm really glad about this. No matter if he sometimes makes mistakes, or shows bias, his passion and commentary is iconic of the sport.

It's most missed, when you have Anik or someone on there, showing little emotion when a fighter lands a huge punch or locks in a submission.

I agree. I don't mind a guy making a mistake full speed. Much rather have that then the no passion/emotion announcing where they play it safe.

Back