Joe Rogan says weight-cutting is cheating

Well, they could leave the rule the way it is. I just like to see the weigh-ins again at the fight just for the record so we know the real numbers.

Then they should cut weight. It's not like they don't know about it. High school wrestlers cut weight so I would think that a professional mma fighter would be able to figure it out.

Not all of them come from a wrestling background and even then its still the same problem.

Do you really want "who cuts weight better" to be a factor in a fight?

What does that serve in regards to their skills as a fighter and what exactly is the point of a weight class then?

Its not cheating if EVERYONE is doing it.

It's not cheating if it isn't against the rules, simple as that. Just as Jones' oblique kicks isn't cheating, even if some people consider it "dirty".

Its common sense that it is cheating.

The commission just doesn't give a shit just like they don't give a shit about people cycling off various drugs, incompetent/corrupt judges and refs. They do the bare minimum to keep their jobs.

I don't really want too many weightclasses anyhow. Super flyweight, light flyweight, flyweight? It sounds weird. It kills the prestige of being a 2/multiple division champ.

I think weight cutting should be eliminated from the sport. I really think we would see far better performances out of our athletes when their not cutting absurd amounts of weight right before a big fight.

joe rogan is also 54 years old walking around in fucking Target teens section dragon shirts and wearing a chain wallet, so i wouldn't worry about him much.

It creates an unfair advantage in most divisions. Guys are relying on their size advantage more so than there actual skills. Same day weigh-ins make the most sense, but obviously athletic commissions are too lazy to implement smart rules.

No they don't same day weigh ins are to dangerous. What you want to do is way them in the day before and give them an allowed number of weight to gain. Then weight them again fight day.

It is. The person who has more money and can afford better doctors is able to cut more weight, thus having an advantage..

And it's dangerous for health..

Hope it will be banned soon (or fixed with 0-day weight ins)

Back