Joe Rogan says NAC banned TRT because Vitor Belfort failed random drug test in Feb

Wouldn't he be expected to fail for test if he is getting injections? Or do they mean he failed because he was over the normal limit for someone on trt?

I'd be shocked if he wasn't essentially roiding out on the stuff when not being actively tested...

I'd be shocked if he wasn't essentially roiding out on the stuff when not being actively tested...

90% of pro athletes.....

Sports-Physiotherapy-for-Cycling-Injuries-in-Perth-300x225.jpg

Was this on Joes "Fight Companion" he did over the weekend..?

Maybe something slipped out that wasnt supposed to...

Unfortunately. Doesn't make me like it any more or any less happy when the liars are caught out.

Most people would cheat if they thought their job/future depended on being "better" than their coworkers.

It's the nature of competition. Athletes are just more visible than the average cubicle gangster.

Man people are gonna blow this out of proportion.
So basically, Vitor had a prescription for TRT by his doctor, because his body NEEDS it, NSAC knew he wasn't licensed yet, knew he was on it per doctors orders, and because of his past history, he "failed" the random drug test for testosterone. We all knew he was on TRT. He "failed" due to a technicality.
Am I right?
What did NSAC want? Vitor to tell his doctor to fuck off, say his body really didn't need it, and come off TRT so he could pass a drug test?

Fuck that. My happy ass would fight somewhere else.

Most people would cheat if they thought their job/future depended on being "better" than their coworkers.

It's the nature of competition. Athletes are just more visible than the average cubicle gangster.

Shitbags, everywhere you look.

Man people are gonna blow this out of proportion.
So basically, Vitor had a prescription for TRT by his doctor, because his body NEEDS it, NSAC knew he wasn't licensed yet, knew he was on it per doctors orders, and because of his past history, he "failed" the random drug test for testosterone. We all knew he was on TRT. He "failed" due to a technicality.
Am I right?
What did NSAC want? Vitor to tell his doctor to fuck off, say his body really didn't need it, and come off TRT so he could pass a drug test?

Fuck that. My happy ass would fight somewhere else.

No, I think he probably was stuffed to the gills with the stuff, as in way above allowable limits which are the same limits that no mortal man could ever attain without injections (the limit is based on the very high ceiling they give to all athletes for TE ratio).

No, I think he probably was stuffed to the gills with the stuff, as in way above allowable limits which are the same limits that no mortal man could ever attain without injections (the limit is based on the very high ceiling they give to all athletes for TE ratio).
Ahh. If that is the case, then my point is null and void even being a huge Vitor fan.
There is no clarification whether its your idea or mine though, right?
Was Vitor allowed to have whatever the legal ratio is for TRT users, even if he wasn't licensed in Nevada and they tested him?

Ahh. If that is the case, then my point is null and void even being a huge Vitor fan.
Was Vitor allowed to have whatever the legal ratio is for TRT users, even if he wasn't licensed in Nevada and they tested him?

Well, since every fighter is subject to that same limit, I would assume he was allowed to be within it too, on or off the TRT. hehe Still, I don't know the details or what he failed for, but if it was just elevated TE ratio which is what Sonnen got popped for, for instance, it was probably from abusing TRT.

I don't believe that's strictly true. The fact they scheduled a huge hearing to decide the future of TRT immediately as Belfort was set to apply for a license speaks to their intentions imo

Yeah they would, they would just have all the tests pre-scheduled and 6 months apart.

They usually just out rightly exempt the top level guys in the big leagues, but yes your right most get presheduled evenly spaced out tests that they don't necessarily have to show up to.

You know nothing Wayweary

View it from this angle; If Vitor was low, or in normal limits then he would not likely have failed the test. The testing is not designed for determining whether is it is a synthetic or not.

I don't believe that's strictly true. The fact they scheduled a huge hearing to decide the future of TRT immediately as Belfort was set to apply for a license speaks to their intentions imo

They even came right out and said that they were going to decide on the matter and update their stance on TRT BEFORE Belfort applied. That to me told me that they were out to make an example of him to clear their own name

View it from this angle; If Vitor was low, or in normal limits then he would not likely have failed the test. The testing is not designed for determining whether is it is a synthetic or not.

Got you, appreciate it.

If he was in the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB they probably wouldn't test him at all.

Haha, non sports UFC fans have been saying for years Dana's line about the UFC having the toughest testing. It was always a big joke. Hilarious he used to say that shit years ago then recently comes out saying they finally got tougher with testing. Then months later tries to put Vitor on a card.

TRT is a big mess because there is no federal guideline to follow on trt testing which is why Dana says the NSAC's own doctors disagree. Smart (in the bad way) athletes will know how to use the exemption to cycle test base quickly in time to pass random testing. Vitor used to have Curtis Leffler in his camp, who was someone who went all out in the chemical game.

Back