Joe Rogan: Reyes clearly won 3 rounds, but on the School Yard Jon Won

Unfortunately it’s a sanctioned professional contractually agreed upon fight and not a schoolyard. Although a schoolyard is where Rogan’s level of commentary belongs.
I listened to that part of the podcast, he didn't suggest that it is in fact a schoolyard fight nor did he call it a fight to the death. Do you think you could do better? If so would you be willing to record yourself and sharing? If not then I'd keep your hate internal

His idea for the championship rounds being worth more is a great idea though

Fuck the UFC. Fuck Joe Rogan. The only chance we have of ever seeing legit elite mma is Dom starting his own organization; which isn't that far fetched.

Considering this fight didn’t take place in a school yard, I’m not sure what that point is.

I guess Reyes won if the fight was in space cause Jon would have floated away after getting knocked around?

I listened to that part of the podcast, he didn't suggest that it is in fact a schoolyard fight nor did he call it a fight to the death. Do you think you could do better? If so would you be willing to record yourself and sharing? If not then I'd keep your hate internal

His idea for the championship rounds being worth more is a great idea though
Internal hate because I have an opinion? Ok bud. I actually used to like Rogan before his blatant biases became so apparent. And don’t act like you’ve never criticized someone for doing something that you can’t. We’re all hypocrites in that sense.
As to champ rounds carrying more weight, I disagree. A round won is a round won regardless of where in the fight that happened. All the more reason to get that KO if you’re behind late in the fight instead of point fighting your way to a win in the 3rd and 4th.

Internal hate because I have an opinion? Ok bud. I actually used to like Rogan before his blatant biases became so apparent. And don’t act like you’ve never criticized someone for doing something that you can’t. We’re all hypocrites in that sense.
As to champ rounds carrying more weight, I disagree. A round won is a round won regardless of where in the fight that happened. All the more reason to get that KO if you’re behind late in the fight instead of point fighting your way to a win in the 3rd and 4th.
There was a time 5 round fights were only championship fights, in the spirit of that it wouldn't be terrible if 4-5 were worth more. Ok bud

Well it definitely wasnt a slip. A slip is where the floor is slippery and as a result he slips. This doesnt happen

His mental state was not compromised so that he fell down, but he was literally physically knocked down. Jon couldnt stand because reyes knocked him over. There was no ice, banana peel or baby oil involved - it wasnt a slip

Im pretty sure the definition of a knockdown is just that any part of your body touches the ground other than your feet, after a hit. Jons ass and hands were down.

He fell because he had a leg in the air from kicking. He wasn't overwhelmed and knocked off balance. He was already off balance from having a leg in the air and got tipped over from a well timed punch.

He didn't get hurt by the power of the punch causing him to crumple.

Call it a knockdown if you want to but know the difference from this compared to say BJ getting planted in that bar fight.

School yard fights last like 2 minutes. Since Jones didn’t do a whole hell of a lot until round 4 , nah

Jesus - enough. Let's get the rematch signed, sealed and a date sooner than later.
Have no problems with result and fight really couldve gone either way.I turned to buddy as fighters were getting off stools to start 5th and said " love this shit ....winner of final frame walks out with strap".Jon won fifth and like a champion should ( and, again, wouldn't of said jack shit if he lost a split or 48-47 across so no problem with immediate sequel)

IF later rounds are scored higher than earlier ones, then Jones won, as have many other fighters throughout the history of the sport. But that is not the ruleset, so it doesn't matter in this case.

School Yard Jones KOs Stipe worse than Butterball

Fight to the death Jones would of won, Reyes gassed after rd 3 and Jones was still fresh.
Pshhh jones was saved by the bell te first three rounds. He was getting pieced up

A 10 round fight ? Lol just say his cardio is better dude, you don’t have to make a retarded point

He's not wrong but the fight was five rounds scored over the ten point must system. And new

It makes sense. The final round should carry more weight because if the fight were to continue, that person would most likely win.

OK, so then in Jones - Gus 1...given that Jones looked worse in the aftermath...did that mean that "school yard" Gus won?

Back in the day, the one that dished out more was considered the victor in a school yard brawl. But this could be a Yurpean thing, different rules in US, dunno...could someone enlighten me? /should ask my American little brother, I guess.

Anyway...this is getting ridiculous. I should take a few days off from Sherdog. Come back...a few weeks later...and likely see the same subjects debated, leave again. But I'm working and writing academic papers; this means 18-hour days, and for a 38 y/o guy, I feel the need to "reset" every once in a while. While I'm not getting triggered, I do get tired so...in the end...I'm not even sure if I do disconnect coming here :). Better listen to some Buckethead and read the news instead...

I'm starting to think Jones has some MAJOR dirt on Rogan, like Rogan sucked his dick or something one night when they were intoxicated. He can't be this madly in love with him without some backstory.
Or that Rogan is slinging dick while married

Back