Joe Rogan: Reyes clearly won 3 rounds, but on the School Yard Jon Won

Anyone who says Reyes won very clearly literally doesn’t know shit about MMA scoring or judging at all.

He won round 1, there is no doubt about that, Jon very clearly won rounds 4 and 5.

2 and 3 are up for debate. I’ve had so many people say round 2 was his best round, but if you actually watch the fight a couple times, although Reyes landed a couple good shots (0 in that flurry btw, Jon literally slipped every single punch) early, I honestly think Jon won that round. Even with 8 or 10 fewer “significant” strikes. He pressed forward, he landed plenty of good shots of his own, and personally, I think the best shots of the round.

I’ve had people argue 3 was Jon’s round, I’ve had people say it was Reyes. I’ve watched the fight 3x now and initially thought Jon won, but might give it to Reyes. He landed the better shots in that round imo, better than he had in the 2nd.

It’s just a tricky fight to score, it really depends on how you viewed it and what you are looking for. People saying Reyes landed all the hard shots and did more damage etc, clearly did not see what Jon was doing to Reyes. He was landing plenty of brutalizing shots himself. Even with his boxing, which looked much better than it had in previous fights.

There was no CLEAR winner, it was a close fight with 2 rounds up for debate and how you scored those rounds is how you’d find your winner. The judges that night saw it for Jon (and the one giving it 4-1 for Jon had a valid reason to do so, he could have won 4 rounds) so it is what it is.
You think Jon clearly won R4?

Just like Joe said, at the end of that fight, Reyes looked like he was a 6th round away from crumpling on the canvas and Jon looked like he just finished a nice walk in the park.

Sure, Reyes MAY have “out-pointed” Jon, but Jon won the fight. Jon got the W. Jon is still the LHW champ. That isn’t going to change no matter how much you people whine about it.

Rogan must’ve been high as hell to break script like that.

It's a sport Joe. You need to score by rounds. Otherwise UFC will still be this underground cage fighting event.

I don't see how scoring by rounds as opposed to scoring as a whole or scoring in any other way makes the UFC a sport or not. I remember when refusing to resign John Fitch made the UFC not a sport. Same thing, both were just using an arbitrary definition of the word sport to complain about something they didn't like in the sport.

Rashad looks like a 50 yr old ex corner boy who just got out of prison.
That brother might swoop in and tek your girl - be careful which bears you poke. He reads these forums and he's taken 8 girls so far. I only say nice things about him.

Boy, that Rashad is a class act!

This fight was in the octagon not a school yard. If he clearly won three rounds that means he won the fight.

I don't see how scoring by rounds as opposed to scoring as a whole or scoring in any other way makes the UFC a sport or not.

I don't think that was Lovin's point.

I think he was trying to say, there are rules and systems to determine winners, ie rounds, instead of contextual feelings of judges/promoters.

The whole premise of arguments about fighter X winning in a street fight, or in the schoolyard, or in a fight to the death are dumb as fuck anyway.

Those are completely uncontrolled scenarios that are far more unpredictable, and don't have shit to do with anything anyway.

MMA is a combat sport with defined parameters. Who performs within those parameters is only thing that matters.

That is a boxing definition and it doesnt apply to MMA because there are cases in MMA where you are on one foot kicking someone such as in the case of Jones.

you just made this up and we both know it

<Kpop775>

You think Jon clearly won R4?

yes. I think 4 and 5 were definitely Jon's rounds. Not that Dominic didn't have some success, but, it wasn't anything like the first 3 rounds.

Fight to the death Jones would of won, Reyes gassed after rd 3 and Jones was still fresh.
The fighters trained to win 3 of 5 rounds not to fight to the death or 10 rounds that is why this is so stupid. If it was a fight to the death Reyes might be better at head butts, eye gouges, fish hooks, ball shots etc. Oh that's right this is a 5 round pre agreed upon fight.

Anyone who says Reyes won very clearly literally doesn’t know shit about MMA scoring or judging at all.

He won round 1, there is no doubt about that, Jon very clearly won rounds 4 and 5.

2 and 3 are up for debate. I’ve had so many people say round 2 was his best round, but if you actually watch the fight a couple times, although Reyes landed a couple good shots (0 in that flurry btw, Jon literally slipped every single punch) early, I honestly think Jon won that round. Even with 8 or 10 fewer “significant” strikes. He pressed forward, he landed plenty of good shots of his own, and personally, I think the best shots of the round.

I’ve had people argue 3 was Jon’s round, I’ve had people say it was Reyes. I’ve watched the fight 3x now and initially thought Jon won, but might give it to Reyes. He landed the better shots in that round imo, better than he had in the 2nd.

It’s just a tricky fight to score, it really depends on how you viewed it and what you are looking for. People saying Reyes landed all the hard shots and did more damage etc, clearly did not see what Jon was doing to Reyes. He was landing plenty of brutalizing shots himself. Even with his boxing, which looked much better than it had in previous fights.

There was no CLEAR winner, it was a close fight with 2 rounds up for debate and how you scored those rounds is how you’d find your winner. The judges that night saw it for Jon (and the one giving it 4-1 for Jon had a valid reason to do so, he could have won 4 rounds) so it is what it is.
This is the correct assessment

I don't see how scoring by rounds as opposed to scoring as a whole or scoring in any other way makes the UFC a sport or not. I remember when refusing to resign John Fitch made the UFC not a sport. Same thing, both were just using an arbitrary definition of the word sport to complain about something they didn't like in the sport.
Because there's a scoring system in place. You judge each round, you tally up the scores at the end, and you have your winner. You don't go trying to reconcile some shitty judging by explaining some school yard rules or other nonsense. Reyes clearly won the fight by objectively scoring each round. He sure is fuck didn't lose four rounds, and you'd be a special kind of stupid to judge him as having lost 3 rounds. I like Rogan, but he's still a schill. He's an independent voice, but only to a certain extent. He's not an idiot and knows what to say and what not to say.

Because there's a scoring system in place. You judge each round, you tally up the scores at the end, and you have your winner. You don't go trying to reconcile some shitty judging by explaining some school yard rules or other nonsense. Reyes clearly won the fight by objectively scoring each round. He sure is fuck didn't lose four rounds, and you'd be a special kind of stupid to judge him as having lost 3 rounds. I like Rogan, but he's still a schill. He's an independent voice, but only to a certain extent. He's not an idiot and knows what to say and what not to say.

No he didn't moron lol.

He lost 4 and 5. Won 1 definitively.

2 and 3 were close rounds, if you actually look at the shots that landed instead of the punches thrown, there is very valid reasons as to people saying Jon won 4 rounds. He very clearly lost 2 rounds in the fight. And 2 rounds were close. You don't need to be a "special kind of stupid" to think he won 1 of the 2 close rounds, when he could have won both of those rounds, 1 of those rounds (or in your OPINION, none of those rounds). It just means you aren't an unobjective Sherdork.

I had Reyes on the cards but Jon "Pride Rules". Reyes did his job...no?

School yard Jon would be called a bitch for turning his back and running in the middle of a fight... then attempting pathetically to hug and takedown, only to fail each time... and further get punched in the face for it.

Yeah, if it was one of those schoolyard fights that last 25 minutes where the guys break every 5 minutes to get coached.

Back