Joe Rogan: Reyes clearly won 3 rounds, but on the School Yard Jon Won

The Diaz brothers and prime Minotauro are still undefeated in real fight

Last words champ make it a doozy
81BUsObfViL.jpg

I dont understand how any one would waste their time listening to idiot Rogan.

Out of all the things from that fight, this isn't the hill to die on.

All you're going to do is expose yourself

meh its undeniable that he was knocked down. im not even saying he was rocked - i'm saying he was knocked down. if a car hits me and i fall over but remain conscious throughout - i am knocked down. if i am stepping off a kerb, momentarily standing on one leg, and an old lady bumps into me, and i fall over and get right back up - newsflash - i got knocked down. thats what getting knocked down means. you can read all about the combat sports definition of knockdown on wikipedia - you either have basic reading comprehension or you don't

incidentally, first time i heard that shitposting online involved actually dying, much less on a hill

That didn’t take long for rogan to start shilling again.

meh its undeniable that he was knocked down. im not even saying he was rocked - i'm saying he was knocked down. if a car hits me and i fall over but remain conscious throughout - i am knocked down. if i am stepping off a kerb, momentarily standing on one leg, and an old lady bumps into me, and i fall over and get right back up - newsflash - i got knocked down. thats what getting knocked down means. you can read all about the combat sports definition of knockdown on wikipedia - you either have basic reading comprehension or you don't

incidentally, first time i heard that shitposting online involved actually dying, much less on a hill
Knockdown or not he lost that round and it wasnt a 10-8 so its irrelevant

In a school yard, Reyes would had elbowed the shit out of the back of Jones head while Jones was trying to sniff his jockstrap.

Anyone who says Reyes won very clearly literally doesn’t know shit about MMA scoring or judging at all.

He won round 1, there is no doubt about that, Jon very clearly won rounds 4 and 5.

2 and 3 are up for debate. I’ve had so many people say round 2 was his best round, but if you actually watch the fight a couple times, although Reyes landed a couple good shots (0 in that flurry btw, Jon literally slipped every single punch) early, I honestly think Jon won that round. Even with 8 or 10 fewer “significant” strikes. He pressed forward, he landed plenty of good shots of his own, and personally, I think the best shots of the round.

I’ve had people argue 3 was Jon’s round, I’ve had people say it was Reyes. I’ve watched the fight 3x now and initially thought Jon won, but might give it to Reyes. He landed the better shots in that round imo, better than he had in the 2nd.

It’s just a tricky fight to score, it really depends on how you viewed it and what you are looking for. People saying Reyes landed all the hard shots and did more damage etc, clearly did not see what Jon was doing to Reyes. He was landing plenty of brutalizing shots himself. Even with his boxing, which looked much better than it had in previous fights.

There was no CLEAR winner, it was a close fight with 2 rounds up for debate and how you scored those rounds is how you’d find your winner. The judges that night saw it for Jon (and the one giving it 4-1 for Jon had a valid reason to do so, he could have won 4 rounds) so it is what it is.

It's a sport Joe. You need to score by rounds. Otherwise UFC will still be this underground cage fighting event.

I like Rogan...but I can't tell you how many times during this fight him and Dom or Anik were like "OOOH nice counter by Jones" or "nice jab by Jones"...and when you go back and look closer many of them weren't even landing lol. It's like "ohhhh ahhh - big flashy thing - oooohh aaahhh". Or when Dom and Joe were like "Reyes really used a lot of energy right there and he's starting to slow down"...while Reyes is simultaneously moving forward and pressing Jon landing jabs an kicks. Happened quite a few times in rounds 2 and 3.

A fight to the death does not look like a UFC fight, so perhaps you are confusing the two. There is a big difference between fighting to kill your opponent and fighting to survive 5 rounds.
I guess it's a poor choice of words, I get the point though. I think Joe uses a fight to the death meaning, unlimited rounds to a finish. But fight to the death just has a better ring to it.

Thats a literal definition of knockdown, like saying you score a punch as landing if it gets blocked, because by definition it landed and made impact with the opponent.
In mma judges dont score knockdowns, there is no official definition for what classifys a knockdown in mma.
The definition you used was for boxing and even then its not clear for example mayweather vs judah was ruled a slip not a knockdown, even though the punch caused him to fall over, he was mostly off balance so the ref ruled it a slip.
ReliableSpiritedGrub-size_restricted.gif

Hey yo dude go correct the knockdown definition on wikipedia

"A knockdown occurs when a fighter touches the floor of the ring with any part of the body other than the feet following a hit, but is able to rise back up and continue fighting."
That is a boxing definition and it doesnt apply to MMA because there are cases in MMA where you are on one foot kicking someone such as in the case of Jones.

Reyes won rounds 1-3 then the pulsing picos kicked in giving jones the cardio advantage.

Wait when did Jon get dropped?
When he was punched in his chest and fell off balance - he was "dropped" by losing his balance. Anything goes when you're trying to make a case for a robbery in a fight that was actually razor close.

And yeah, on the schoolyard, it wouldn't matter if you turned and ran if after that it ended with you walking down your opponent and them sucking wind from walking backwards and reacting to shots against their will.

But don't tell that to the "worst robbery" crowd.

If this really IS the "worst robbery" in MMA and it's a fight so close, then MMA judges have been amazingly on point. And we know that's not the case. So this def isn't the "worst robbery". Or ANY robbery. It was a close fight.

Back