Joe Rogan: Reyes clearly won 3 rounds, but on the School Yard Jon Won

THE-06

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
this guy...

He says since Jon was pushing forward in the last 2 rounds he won on the "school yard" and would have won in a 10 round fight

Fight to the death Jones would of won, Reyes gassed after rd 3 and Jones was still fresh.

this guy...

He says since Jon was pushing forward in the last 2 rounds he won on the "school yard" and would have won in a 10 round fight

Pathetic shill garbage

In the school yard jon got dropped, out struck, and was getting clobbered while he turned and ran away

Fuck off joe

Jon love to say dumb stuff like “real fight” or “school hard rules.” By school yard rules, there are no fucking rounds, Joe!

Pathetic shill garbage

In the school yard jon got dropped, out struck, and was getting clobbered while he turned and ran away

Fuck off joe

It was a slip. I seen every review of the fight nob thinks that's a knockdown

Reyes won by every metric.

Strikes (both thrown and landed), ring generalship, both angular and linear footwork, counterpunching, leads, feints, clinch strikes, etc.

/thread

Wait when did Jon get dropped?

Looket dat ass hit the floor

giphy.gif

The problem is the inconsistency. The judges seem to choose whichever scoring system favors the fighter they want to win. If Jones gets put in the hospital by Gus who looks relatively fine after the fight, Jones won by taking more rounds, but if Jones gets outpointed by losing more rounds to Reyes, he still won by "finishing strong" and "winning the overall fight."

Either judge it round by round or judge the fight overall based on effectiveness and damage. I'm fine with either as long as they're consistent.

He slipped after Reyes punched his chest

I wouldn't call it a drop

Well it definitely wasnt a slip. A slip is where the floor is slippery and as a result he slips. This doesnt happen

His mental state was not compromised so that he fell down, but he was literally physically knocked down. Jon couldnt stand because reyes knocked him over. There was no ice, banana peel or baby oil involved - it wasnt a slip

Im pretty sure the definition of a knockdown is just that any part of your body touches the ground other than your feet, after a hit. Jons ass and hands were down.

Back