Joe Rogan on Russian sports "All Their athletes are amateurs"

Nah, if Europeans showed interest in American sports then they'd start dominating those as well. They're too consumed with football and other sports ingrained in their cultures for centuries. You know culture,something Americans don't have.

How come all the tall euros don't come dominate the nba then? That's a global sport now with leagues in many countries. What do the tall euros play?

There are some good ones in the NBA now.. but the way you make it sound is that Europe should be spouting out MVPs left and right. Why aren't they?

How come all the tall euros don't come dominate the nba then? That's a global sport now with leagues in many countries. What do the tall euros play?

There are some good ones in the NBA now.. but the way you make it sound is that Europe should be spouting out MVPs left and right. Why aren't they?

They're playing football lol.

For Europeans and South Americans this is the primary sport by far (almost like a religion), every other sport is secondary. The pay is far better as well, mainly due to its comparative popularity.
NBA is big mainly in America but not in Europe, they have a decent following in Europe but no craze over it. There are no major leagues either like an NBA in Europe so it's a minor sport.
Tennis, F1 and volleyball, hockey, ice hockey and rugby are more or just as popular in comparison.

They're playing football lol.

For Europeans and South Americans this is the primary sport by far (almost like a religion), every other sport is secondary. The pay is far better as well, mainly due to its comparative popularity.
NBA is big mainly in America but not in Europe, they have a decent following in Europe but no craze over it. There are no major leagues either like an NBA in Europe so it's a minor sport.
Tennis, F1 and volleyball, hockey, ice hockey and rugby are more or just as popular.

I'm talking about tall Europeans.. the ones who don't play soccer.. because plenty of people have already quoted me and told me that tall people can't play soccer lol

Wow, I thought they were much smaller.

Why do they suck so bad at soccer with that many people? Shevchenko is the only quality player I can think of.
Yarmolenko,Konoplyanka and Tymoshchuk are all very good players.
Right now they are in crisis,for years actually but i'm positive they will get better.
Poland was bad and now is very good team,Iceland came out of no where and has over 300 000 people only.

Don't be mad at me. I didn't make the rules.

I can only imagine the look of disappointment on my Dad's face if I told him I wanted to play soccer. He probably would have made my sister beat some sense in to me.
Delete your account.

Rogan is a clueless dumbass.

Our national team members get paid a monthly salary by the government ffs.

I'm talking about tall Europeans.. the ones who don't play soccer.. because plenty of people have already quoted me and told me that tall people can't play soccer lol

Well those are some unknowledgeable people misinforming you.

These guy are 6'5 for example.

Zlatan-Ibrahimovic.jpg

f68865e01fde7cf2753331afe3bc8016--goalkeeper-royal-blue.jpg

The defenders and especially Goalkeepers are tall due to the positions they play in. Just search it up. Every goalkeeper is at least over 6 feet and should be agile with good reflexes.

Even with that in mind, as I mentioned earlier there's no craze over basketball in Europe. A tall athlete would concentrate on football. If he doesn't make it then he won't be switching to basketball or any other sport for obvious reasons.

Rogan saying another pants on head retarded thing isn't really news, is it?

The average height in "soccer" national teams is well above the average height in the country so we can move past that.

Pretty sure that goes for the first divisions all over the world as well.

No they don't , Slavic is Slavic, same can be said about China and the thousand of different ethnic group but they are still Chinese. There are rarely any other group in Russia. No brothers allow

There are far more than just Slavs in Russia, and ethnic divisions are still very significant in China.

Looks like rogan is huffing paint again before oing on air , this old fart needs to retire

Timestamped..
Joe Rogan is saying "we have to realise that their best athletes are all amateurs.. They don't have professional sports"

Matt Brown: boxing?

Rogan: "yeah, but that's it, they don't have.. well they have mma too Fedor obviously right but they don't have like NFL, NBA, Major league Baseball, HOCKEY.. they don't have like this professional venue like we do over here, so a lot of their greatest athletes go into amateur Olympics so they are juicing these people up for Soviet glory...

I like Joe and i find his podcast very good when he has interesting guests but to say that Russia don't have professional sports or a professional venue is very ignorant. First of all, the sports he is mentioning NBA (Basketball), MLB (Baseball), NFL(American Football) is almost exclusively played in Usa, there are very few European players in those sports..

Hockey.. The Russian hockey league is only 2nd to NHL and Russia has a very strong national hockey team (they won the world cup 2009, 2012, 2014) with many players playing in KHL.. They regularly have top 10 draft picks (5 since 2015) and in the 2004 draft Ovechkin was no.1 and Malkin was no.2 and they became big stars..

Their football league (Soccer for Americans) holds a higher level of playing than MLS and is ranked statistically better by the american web news Blecher report
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1458287-ranking-the-top-20-world-football-leagues-statistically

Russia and northern Europe favors track and field, and winter sports like skiing (because the american sports are not popular in Europe) and you can compete in competitions other than the Olympics.. Where they are very successful..

I get your point, but... This is purely a guess, but I wonder if he taking into account the demo’s of American style sports

Timestamped..
Joe Rogan is saying "we have to realise that their best athletes are all amateurs.. They don't have professional sports"

Rogan: "yeah, but that's it, they don't have.. well they have mma too Fedor obviously right but they don't have like NFL, NBA, Major league Baseball, HOCKEY.. they don't have like this professional venue like we do over here, so a lot of their greatest athletes go into amateur Olympics so they are juicing these people up for Soviet glory...

I like Joe and i find his podcast very good when he has interesting guests but to say that Russia don't have professional sports or a professional venue is very ignorant. First of all, the sports he is mentioning NBA (Basketball), MLB (Baseball), NFL(American Football) is almost exclusively played in Usa, there are very few European players in those sports..

Hockey.. The Russian hockey league is only 2nd to NHL and Russia has a very strong national hockey team (they won the world cup 2009, 2012, 2014) with many players playing in KHL.. They regularly have top 10 draft picks (5 since 2015) and in the 2004 draft Ovechkin was no.1 and Malkin was no.2 and they became big stars..

Their football league (Soccer for Americans) holds a higher level of playing than MLS and is ranked statistically better by the american web news Blecher report
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1458287-ranking-the-top-20-world-football-leagues-statistically

Russia and northern Europe favors track and field, and winter sports like skiing (because the american sports are not popular in Europe) and you can compete in competitions other than the Olympics.. Where they are very successful..

I’m fairness, as soon as Fedor fought in the US he got whooped a few times. So, ipso facto America is the GOAT!

And that’s just science, so who am I to argue with it?

This might be the dumbest thing Joe ever said, first there's SO few Olympic sports that are truly amateur athletes. Those Russian guys/girls downhill skiing/snowboarding are all on the professional World tour every year making more than average ufc fighters. Russian NHL players is 2nd or 3rd in volume.

So Joe Rogan is wrong about something in his 3 hours long podcast, let's make a thread about it in the UFC forum!

Some people here need to get a life.

So Joe Rogan is wrong about something in his 3 hours long podcast, let's make a thread about it in the UFC forum!

Some people here need to get a life.
Or maybe just maybe that once in ever manlet should STFU about things he dosent know shit about. Right? RIghtttttttttt

Timestamped..

Well said

Back