Opinion Joe Rogan on Being Called a Far Right Influencer, "They're Liars!!"

Joe Rogan is a very agreeable interviewer. He is agreeable with almost every guest he has, which is why he sometimes appears to share political views with everybody he has on. He's pretty regularly accused of adjusting his own beliefs to align with his guests.

He has a lot of right wing type guests, and his agreeable interview style leads people to believe he is also a right wing type guy. But of course when the Twitter guy came on, he was called a shill. When he criticized Alex Jones, he was accused of being a shill.

Hell, even in this thread he is being accused of lying about being fairly liberal to save his career. Guys, news flash...Joe Rogan's career is not dependent on liberals. If anything, it's dependent on his Internet-based fanbase that appears to lean clearly to the right. Just read the thousands of Youtube comments sometime. His other job is working for Dana White. No comment necessary there.

The fact is, he's just an agreeable guy who is fairly easy to sway one way or the other. That style is part of the reason for his success, since you can literally have his show on in the background and not hear people shouting at each other constantly. It comes back to haunt him at times because he has a wide variety of guests on who sometimes spread untruths and he does not have the expertise to condemn them on the spot.

But he's just Joe Rogan. The guy from fear factor. In my opinion, if you don't enjoy his show or his guests, just don't listen. But when people do criticize Joe's willingness to have hacky guests, Joe's fans should be more accepting of that criticism because there's obviously truth to it.
best post of thread imo

This is probably my #1 gripe with the left.

As Ben Shapiro calls it, "...an unearned position of moral superiority "

Their shit-eating grins along with their "moral superiority" ... Ugh, f**k them, man.

Last edited:
And if you're into bro science, holy fuck you just hit the jackpot.

The bro science is what stops me watching. Last episode I watched was one where he had on a guy that only eats meat, and Rogan called him out on nothing. It was like an infomercial for the guy's book.
Doesn't Peterson advocate a carnivore diet as well?

If the left had it's way, guys like Jordan Peterson and Ben Shapiro would be completely banned from any public speaking. And Joe Rogan is getting their messages out to hundreds of millions of people.

To be fair, Shapiro seems creepily effective at getting his own message out. I always found him to be an odd dichotomy. On the one hand his mannerisms and persona just reeks of being that creepy little dude who sits over in the corner pretty much everywhere but the chess club and nobody actually wants to talk to. Literally he's the picture of every social reject I saw get bullied in school. On the other hand, he manages to make a tremendous number of people want to talk to him. It's impressive in a weird sort of way.

He should stop being a Russian bot then.

"Smug feminist taunt voice* - "awwwwwe, you pooooooor baby!!! "

Yeah, I did find the commentary insipid which is why I tried to give timed areas to listen to. I do think that Rogan really catches Peterson there, and I suspect Peterson spent a fair bit of time shoring up his arguments after getting caught by a karate fighter who was most likely stoned at the time..

I think his point was that it's bad for children to be raised in societies that as a whole don't see families and monogamous, lifelong relationships as a goal to be obtained. I don't really think that needs to be shored up or that Rogan really trashed him, I think that he didn't really have much more of a point for than that. He even said it was fine for people to do that. It's just not ok for that to be a societal goal.

I hope so. Though I had this same discussion on facebook with some friends and this is the same shit they echoed as well...

Shapiro is racist!
Peterson is transphobic/Hitler!
Rogan is a gateway!

and none of this is true, seriously. Peterson is actually the most sane person out there. and if someone actually sat down, and listened to him, or read his work they would realize that what he is saying is not at all controversial.

I think his point was that it's bad for children to be raised in societies that as a whole don't see families and monogamous, lifelong relationships as a goal to be obtained. I don't really think that needs to be shored up or that Rogan really trashed him, I think that he didn't really have much more of a point for than that. He even said it was fine for people to do that. It's just not ok for that to be a societal goal.
Is anyone saying it should be a societal goal?

The bro science is what stops me watching. Last episode I watched was one where he had on a guy that only eats meat, and Rogan called him out on nothing. It was like an infomercial for the guy's book.
I think thats just his interview technique. He rarely calls anyone out. I have only seen him do it a few times like when Candice Owens was talking about climate change being a myth.

They just can't stand that he gives a platform to right wing voices.

It's hilarious that the left are running around calling people fascists when it's the left who are consistently fighting (often literally, with violence) for opposing voices to be silenced.

If the left had it's way, guys like Jordan Peterson and Ben Shapiro would be completely banned from any public speaking. And Joe Rogan is getting their messages out to hundreds of millions of people.
Its getting harder and harder to deny a growing segment on the left are becoming totalitarians.

Yeah I don't know if Peterson is still on the carnivore thing today, but he's been at it a while. Seems a testament of the adaptive abilities of the human body that awful fad diets don't hurt more people than they do.

He sure does. His daughter also charges $90/hr for consultations on the meat only diet.

However, in defence of Joe here, he also had another science lady on his show who reacted pretty critically against that particular segment and brought some knowledge against it. This is part of how Joe is getting caught up in this whole thing. Like @nac386 said he doesn't really challenge his guests, because that's not really what he's there to do. Of course, he actually does put up a little bit of resistance as opposed to Dave Rubin who attempts to aggressively agree with his guests and cajoles them into explaining how the R E G R E S S I V E L E F T is ruining everything. But on the whole, he gets a lot of different view points on the show and on the whole you would get interviews that would contradict and be highly critical of other interviews. Everything that people are saying of JRE erroneously based on a subsample of his interviews is actually true of Dave Rubin's show as a whole.

I don't really watch too much of either but I can definitely tolerate JRE way more.

Lol joe isn’t alt right but he’s a huge kiss ass when he interviews. He tends to find points of agreement in anyone (even a fraud like Alex jones) and people construe that as support.

The bigger issue is whether giving frauds and propagandists platforms, but morally speaking people don’t have to watch those programs. So it’s not a very strong argument to say the least.

Joe talks to a lot of very smart people (and plenty of dumb ones) and those people are diverse politically. I don't really think he's got an agenda. He goes overboard in trying to remain overly open-minded to the point he entertains somewhat ridiculous political notions, but that's far from horrible.

Lol joe isn’t alt right but he’s a huge kiss ass when he interviews. He tends to find points of agreement in anyone (even a fraud like Alex jones) and people construe that as support.

The bigger issue is whether giving frauds and propagandists platforms, but morally speaking people don’t have to watch those programs. So it’s not a very strong argument to say the least.
I've noticed that when Joe has multiple people on with opposing views he's actually quite a good moderator...but you are right, he goes way to far sometimes in overly respecting peoples ideas when it is just him and that person.

Yeah I don't know if Peterson is still on the carnivore thing today, but he's been at it a while. Seems a testament of the adaptive abilities of the human body that awful fad diets don't hurt more people than they do.

Yeah, I can't imagine a 0 fibre diet is fun.
Rogan's also clearly attracted to "characters", and I guess a body building, carnivorous, orthopaedic surgeon fits that bill.

I don't listen to Joe that much. Other than Alex Jones, who has Rogan had on who are legit alt-right?

I'm afraid the answer is going to be Jordan Peterson...
Yes Dr Peterson and Milo, both literally hitler. Cowboy is a Trump supporter so also him.

Diet of necessity. Peterson's daughter has celiacs, so the carnivore diet improve her health immensely. He probably has several intolerances to foods with carbs... so eliminating everything but meat helped Jordan Peterson as well.

Joe Rogan has said many times he does't support the carnivore diet. He thinks it helps many people because they're immediately eliminating so many foods that may have caused them issues previously. The next logical step should be to start re-adding foods and if there's a negative reaction, take it back out.

He's made the same point about Vegans as well. They probably feel better immediately because so many crappy foods are removed from the table. However, it's probably not best for long term health.

Both groups are rabid in their defense of their food dogmas...

Back