Joe Rogan Motivational speech

Again, how old are you? You didn't answer and I suspect I know why.

And the contradiction I was pointing out was "lifts kettlebells like he's going to war. Cries when thinking of female fighter." That's a contradiction bud. You really thought you had something with pointing out what a metaphor is though, didn't you? lol that's kinda sad.

But hey, I'm not trying to convince you of anything. Think the way you think and feel the way ya feel. I'm just telling ya how I feel. So do what ya like, bud.

You dont know what contradiction means nor metaphor.

He has some great speeches but they're just words. You have to keep in mind that whatever good advice he might give is coming from a guy who thinks it's a great idea to stay stoned, inject HGH evidently right into his face, take as much DMT as you can get your hands on and float in an isolation tank.

I have a feeling if you could view inside his head you wouldn't find anything profound at all. You're more likely to find Road Runner cartoons, pyramids and a fuckton of nude dudes.
Weed and DMT>>>>>>>>>>..w.e the fuck you are doing with your life.

Get off the couch and do something with yourself.

You dont know what contradiction means nor metaphor.

Sure I do. You stuck your foot in your mouth and now you're trying to get out of it with feeble insults. You should never, ever try to debate me about anything. Like, ever.

Weed and DMT>>>>>>>>>>..w.e the fuck you are doing with your life.

Get off the couch and do something with yourself.

Well i'm an avionics contractor. So I guess that's something.

But good luck with your weed and dmt usage. Lemme know how that works out for ya.

And the contradiction I was pointing out was "lifts kettlebells like he's going to war. Cries when thinking of female fighter." That's a contradiction bud. You really thought you had something with pointing out what a metaphor is though, didn't you? lol that's kinda sad.

But hey, I'm not trying to convince you of anything. Think the way you think and feel the way ya feel. I'm just telling ya how I feel. So do what ya like, bud.
Maybe the problem isnt how young we are. Maybe the problem is how much of a grumpy old man you have become. You probably have belly, eating shitty foods, and get butt hurt when someone like Rogan tries to send some good vibes and inspiration to other people across the globe because it makes you feel shitty.

Maybe the problem isnt how young we are. Maybe the problem is how much of a grumpy old man you have become. You probably have belly, eating shitty foods, and get butt hurt when someone like Rogan tries to send some good vibes and inspiration to other people across the globe because it makes you feel shitty.

Nope. I'm 5'10, 165lbs in good shape, pretty good looking, make money, travel the world with my work, and usually hook up with good looking chicks (they're not always good looking though, if I'm being honest).

Problem with being young is you don't listen to people who remember what it was like to be young, and look up to people that you probably shouldn't look up to as role models. I'm 38, and honestly fairly immature for my age :D But I was just like you guys are about Rogan just a few years ago. But the way you see through bullshit improves as you get older. What I will still give Rogan credit for though is doing what he wants to do and is seemingly happy. If it makes you happy to be that way, by all means you should do that. I'm just saying that that type of lifestyle rarely leads to happiness. But again, don't take my word for it. Figure out your own way. I'm not trying to convert you or anything.

Because he takes DMT regularly, from what he says. All the weed, I don't see the harm in that, personally. As long as you can still get your shit done, weed is fine. But DMT, acid, mushrooms, any kind of substances like that, over time, WILL permanently alter the way your brain functions. I remember being younger and looking up to guys like Timothy Leary and Hunter S. Thompson and guys that did that kind of shit regularly. You know what that eventually got Hunter S. Thompson? You should look that up.

I'm not just pulling this stuff out of nowhere, bro. Like I said, I've listened to Rogan a lot for many years. And I can tell he's slipping. He's not as sharp as he used to be. He repeats himself often. He contradicts himself all the time. He's just not as sharp as he once was. And you can check that for yourself. Go back and listen to any of his stuff from about 10 years ago, whether it was his UFC's or his interviews or whatever. Draw your own conclusions.

I think you're exaggerating, a lot, and using your own predefined views of psychotropic drug abuse on Rogan. He has always been a bit out there, especially on the podcasts where he is looser, and often high.

But I dont get the impression, even now, that he is living the type of drug lifestyle that has a massive effect on cognition. He talks about DMT and psychotropic use, but he doesnt talk about frequent use of them. The guy travels around the country doing UFC events, TV shows and stand up shows all year. He clearly has a handle on his shit.

And in other posts you go on about HGH and float tanks as if they are bad things/detrimental to his psyche. The dude is 50 years old and in tremendous shape. And he had promoted some of the treatments he's gotten (like HGH and PRP) as having significant benefits with almost no downsides.

I do think he has changed over the years, but that's part of evolving and growing directly in the public spotlight. He has a family, which has made him more emotional. Plus he's very friendly with a lot of fighters on a personal level and that has had affect on his commentary. But you're way overstating any effects he shows from drug abuse, and you have zero idea what he'll be like in 10 years. He'll probably still be talking for hours on podcasts and be able to kick all of out asses.

I think you're exaggerating, a lot, and using your own predefined views of psychotropic drug abuse on Rogan. He has always been a bit out there, especially on the podcasts where he is looser, and often high.

But I dont get the impression, even now, that he is living the type of drug lifestyle that has a massive effect on cognition. He talks about DMT and psychotropic use, but he doesnt talk about frequent use of them. The guy travels around the country doing UFC events, TV shows and stand up shows all year. He clearly has a handle on his shit.

And in other posts you go on about HGH and float tanks as if they are bad things/detrimental to his psyche. The dude is 50 years old and in tremendous shape. And he had promoted some of the treatments he's gotten (like HGH and PRP) as having significant benefits with almost no downsides.

I do think he has changed over the years, but that's part of evolving and growing directly in the public spotlight. He has a family, which has made him more emotional. Plus he's very friendly with a lot of fighters on a personal level and that has had affect on his commentary. But you're way overstating any effects he shows from drug abuse, and you have zero idea what he'll be like in 10 years. He'll probably still be talking for hours on podcasts and be able to kick all of out asses.

And you might be right. I guess we'll see.

Sure I do. You stuck your foot in your mouth and now you're trying to get out of it with feeble insults. You should never, ever try to debate me about anything. Like, ever.

No you dont know CONDRACTION means.

You said-

"Keep in mind that the crying when talking about talking to Ronda, is coming from a man that equates lifting kettlebells to "going to war." That's just one of the many, many contradictions that come out of Rogan's mouth"

How are these examples of CONTRADICTION?

I cannot take the guy him serious, but he is in good shape for a guy in his mid 40 to late 40's ?.

No you dont know CONDRACTION means.

You said-

"Keep in mind that the crying when talking about talking to Ronda, is coming from a man that equates lifting kettlebells to "going to war." That's just one of the many, many contradictions that come out of Rogan's mouth"

How are these examples of CONTRADICTION?

Contradiction - a combination of statements, ideas, or features of a situation that are opposed to one another.

How are those 2 statements (and ideas behind the statements) NOT contradictory?

Want me to break it down for you? ok here it is bud. The idea that you gotta be so damn tough and alpha that even when lifting weights it's gotta be done like a war fighter. That idea contradicts his action of weeping simply by recounting the time he weeped while talking to Ronda.

I, I honestly don't know wtf else to say to you here bro. But you should really stop speaking now.

edit: btw if you're trolling me here, then I applaud you

Contradiction - a combination of statements, ideas, or features of a situation that are opposed to one another.

How are those 2 statements (and ideas behind the statements) NOT contradictory?

Want me to break it down for you? ok here it is bud. The idea that you gotta be so damn tough and alpha that even when lifting weights it's gotta be done like a war fighter. That idea contradicts his action of weeping simply by recounting the time he weeped while talking to Ronda.

I, I honestly don't know wtf else to say to you here bro. But you should really stop speaking now.

edit: btw if you're trolling me here, then I applaud you

You are confused.
These are two separate occasions and not examples of "Contradiction"

When saying doing kettle bells is like going to war, thats a metaphor for the physical challenge of doing the exercise.

Crying during a podcast on an unrelated subject has absolutely nothing to do with kettle bell exercises or "going to war".

Your drawing some bizarre correlations between non sequitur incidents, and fundamentally dont understand the meaning of the word contradiction.

You are confused.
These are two separate occasions and not examples of "Contradiction"

When saying doing kettle bells is like going to war, thats a metaphor for the physical challenge of doing the exercise.

Crying during a podcast on an unrelated subject has absolutely nothing to do with kettle bell exercises or "going to war".

Your drawing some bizarre correlations between non sequitur incidents, and fundamentally dont understand the meaning of the word contradiction.

you're trying so hard, aren't you?

* pats head

Contradictory ideas are contradictory ideas. You can't go around talking about alphas and gorillas and getting tats all over yourself and lifting weights with gorilla faces on them like a war fighter and teaching GSP how to spin side kick and bully your guests and assert yourself as the dominant alpha at all times.....and cry when talking to a female fighter. Then cry again when you talk about the memory of that.

You seem to be of the opinion that contradictory ideas or thoughts or statements....all have to happen in the same conversation. And I feel bad for you for that. I really do bud. But you should stop speaking now.

Last edited:
Nope. I'm 5'10, 165lbs in good shape, pretty good looking, make money, travel the world with my work, and usually hook up with good looking chicks (they're not always good looking though, if I'm being honest).

Problem with being young is you don't listen to people who remember what it was like to be young, and look up to people that you probably shouldn't look up to as role models. I'm 38, and honestly fairly immature for my age :D But I was just like you guys are about Rogan just a few years ago. But the way you see through bullshit improves as you get older. What I will still give Rogan credit for though is doing what he wants to do and is seemingly happy. If it makes you happy to be that way, by all means you should do that. I'm just saying that that type of lifestyle rarely leads to happiness. But again, don't take my word for it. Figure out your own way. I'm not trying to convert you or anything.

I kind of dismissed you as a run of the mill Rogan hater at first, but you make sense.

I find it increasingly hard to take Rogan seriously, and kind of roll my eyes whenever my acquaintances (I dj psychedelic chillout music, and come across lots of druggies and weirdoes ... so called hippies) praise him and take him seriously.

With that said, I consider him a chill dude despite his occasional ego trips, and hes had a career/life most sherdoggers only dream of.

I kind of dismissed you as a run of the mill Rogan hater at first, but you make sense.

I find it increasingly hard to take Rogan seriously, and kind of roll my eyes whenever my acquaintances (I dj psychedelic chillout music, and come across lots of druggies and weirdoes ... so called hippies) praise him and take him seriously.

With that said, I consider him a chill dude despite his occasional ego trips, and hes had a career/life most sherdoggers only dream of.

Thanks dude. I really don't hate Rogan, even though I know it's coming off that way. I seriously was a huge fan of his and it's ironic that I've probably listened to more Rogan interviews and podcasts and whatnot than anybody else in this thread (Inb4 @ermac88 comes in screaming I don't know what irony means :D I'm using the term loosely here, guy ).

I just have seen where that type of lifestyle leads most people, and it usually isn't anywhere good. With you being a psychedelic dj you'll see it yourself, if you haven't already. (being a dj sounds fun as fuck btw) That being said, Rogan is basically to the point of being able to do whatever he wants or just retire all together. And I'm not judging the guy or how he lives his life. It's his life. Ya know?

I don't think he's a good role model as far as people doing what Rogan does. I do think he's a good role model for doing whatever it is that makes YOU happy, though. And not caving to societal norms.

Last edited:
you're trying so hard, aren't you?

* pats head

Contradictory ideas are contradictory ideas. You can't go around talking about alphas and gorillas and getting tats all over yourself and lifting weights with gorilla faces on them like a war fighter and teaching GSP how to spin side kick and bully your guests and assert yourself as the dominant alpha at all times.....and cry when talking to a female fighter. Then cry again when you talk about the memory of that.

You seem to be of the opinion that contradictory ideas or thoughts or statements....all have to happen in the same conversation. And I feel bad for you for that. I really do bud. But you should stop speaking now.

Again that is not an example of contradiction.
Lifting weights one equates to going to war
and crying about a completely unrelated theme
is simply not an example of contradiction. You have not been able to intelligently state how these are contradictions.

Its seems like you are muddling alot of personal feelings about Rogan which are clouding rational judgement and/or simply dont understand the meaning of contradiction.

Again that is not an example of contradiction.
Lifting weights one equates to going to war
and crying about a completely unrelated theme
is simply not an example of contradiction. You have not been able to intelligently state how these are contradictions.

Its seems like you are muddling alot of personal feelings about Rogan which are clouding rational judgement and/or simply dont understand the meaning of contradiction.

Acting alpha at all times (to the point of lifting weights like a maniac) and crying at basically nothing are the contradictions, cluedart.

Not to mention that's just the ONE example I happened to use. Listen to a lot of his podcasts and you'll hear a lot, lot more.

Lol but we're done here, you and I.

tumblr_o0x4anfUf11ry1rm7o3_500.gif

Last edited:
Rogan lives through all the fighters that made it... unlike himself.

Callen and Bravo told Joe he was the hardest kicker they had ever seen on the last Fight Companion. The justification he receives from his hangers on builds him into the egotistical, obnoxious windbag that he is today.

I've heard this, it's nice and pretty and inspirational, like something that could use to pump you up before doing something you were nervous about, but as life philosophy it's pretty flimsy.

That's not a contradiction, at all. If you think it is you have an issue of understanding language properly. Go look up contradiction, look at the two disparate concepts you're comparing (kettlebells being viewed as war and being emotional and crying) and go ahead an admit to the two posters you're arguing with that you're wrong, because you are ;)

That's not a contradiction, at all. If you think it is you have an issue of understanding language properly. Go look up contradiction, look at the two disparate concepts you're comparing (kettlebells being viewed as war and being emotional and crying) and go ahead an admit to the two posters you're arguing with that you're wrong, because you are ;)

You're not gonna win a debate with me by using your alternate account either, bud. :)

Back