Joe Rogan Motivational speech

the hero of your own movie... that goes straight to dvd and ends up costing you a fortune to make?

yeah- i'm already doing that.

I like Joe Rogan. WHAAAT??

I think he's pretty interesting. WHAAT?

Way to Florian Shia LaBeouf, Joe.

That will probably not be much comfort to him when he can barely remember those things and struggles with emotional and mental issues brought on from doing so much damage to his noodle.

Man you're trying way too hard to hate.

Hes like 50 years old and still healthy and active. Not to mention doing succesful podcast where he gets to interview some of the most interesting people in the world. So you might be hoping something terrible happens to him in the next 10 years otherwise his noodle seems alight.

If you want to hate you should pick on a better target.

Man you're trying way too hard to hate.

Hes like 50 years old and still healthy and active. Not to mention doing succesful podcast where he gets to interview some of the most interesting people in the world. So you might be hoping something terrible happens to him in the next 10 years otherwise his noodle seems alight.

If you want to hate you should pick on a better target.

I'm not hating on anybody man. Just calling it like I see it. I used to be a big Rogan fan, and I still don't even dislike him. But I see the dude slipping already. And it's only gonna get worse, I've seen it happen too many times. Did you see him crying when interviewing Ronda? How about him crying when talking about talking to Ronda? That wasn't bullshit, bro. He really sat there and cried. That is indicative of some problems.

No offense but I'm willing to bet you're fairly young. Late 20's or under? Not trying to sound condescending here, but you'll probably see Rogan differently when you get older.

That's just my take on things though. I'm not trying to tell anybody what to think.

That will probably not be much comfort to him when he can barely remember those things and struggles with emotional and mental issues brought on from doing so much damage to his noodle.
In 10-15 years hell be 65.
right now his mental acuity and recall is way sharper than most people.

why would you suggest hed have a faster deterioration?

I'm not hating on anybody man. Just calling it like I see it. I used to be a big Rogan fan, and I still don't even dislike him. But I see the dude slipping already. And it's only gonna get worse, I've seen it happen too many times. Did you see him crying when interviewing Ronda? How about him crying when talking about talking to Ronda? That wasn't bullshit, bro. He really sat there and cried. That is indicative of some problems.

No offense but I'm willing to bet you're fairly young. Late 20's or under? Not trying to sound condescending here, but you'll probably see Rogan differently when you get older.

That's just my take on things though. I'm not trying to tell anybody what to think.
How does crying indicate "slipping"?
Being emotional is "slipping"?

Im guessing you dont have children?

Its not like Rogan is a highly successful person, what would he know about sucess?

Sherdog is weird, ive never seen so much contempt for winners.
Its almost if the forum is now filled with contentious, insecure losers

Nah it's cool, you're not that far off. All that crying with ronda was ridiculous, there's a lot of stuff rogan does that I don't like or get. Like when he bullies some guests or his friends on the show. But what I'm saying is the guy is 50 and he's still healthy, still active. Whatever substances hes taking or experimenting with chemicals, hes doing alright.
If hes slipping, I don't see it. Maybe you're seeing something I'm not.

How does crying indicate "slipping"?
Being emotional is "slipping"?

Im guessing you dont have children?

Keep in mind that the crying when talking about talking to Ronda, is coming from a man that equates lifting kettlebells to "going to war." That's just one of the many, many contradictions that come out of Rogan's mouth. And to answer your question, yes, that crying over something like that, is absolutely indicative of a problem. You can argue all you want, won't change the way I see it. Rogan from 10 years ago would never have done that, imo.

And I don't see how you're relating having children to being emotional over recalling the memory of talking to a female fighter. Out of curiosity, how old are you? And be honest.

Last edited:
In 10-15 years hell be 65.
right now his mental acuity and recall is way sharper than most people.

why would you suggest hed have a faster deterioration?

Because he takes DMT regularly, from what he says. All the weed, I don't see the harm in that, personally. As long as you can still get your shit done, weed is fine. But DMT, acid, mushrooms, any kind of substances like that, over time, WILL permanently alter the way your brain functions. I remember being younger and looking up to guys like Timothy Leary and Hunter S. Thompson and guys that did that kind of shit regularly. You know what that eventually got Hunter S. Thompson? You should look that up.

I'm not just pulling this stuff out of nowhere, bro. Like I said, I've listened to Rogan a lot for many years. And I can tell he's slipping. He's not as sharp as he used to be. He repeats himself often. He contradicts himself all the time. He's just not as sharp as he once was. And you can check that for yourself. Go back and listen to any of his stuff from about 10 years ago, whether it was his UFC's or his interviews or whatever. Draw your own conclusions.

Nah it's cool, you're not that far off. All that crying with ronda was ridiculous, there's a lot of stuff rogan does that I don't like or get. Like when he bullies some guests or his friends on the show. But what I'm saying is the guy is 50 and he's still healthy, still active. Whatever substances hes taking or experimenting with chemicals, hes doing alright.
If hes slipping, I don't see it. Maybe you're seeing something I'm not.

I think he's slipping. Like I said to the guy in the post above this, go back and listen to his stuff from around 10 years ago. Even just his fight commentary from back then. See if it sounds the same to you. To me it doesn't, but it's just my opinion. Maybe I'm wrong.

And you brought up another thing that bugs me. The bullying shit he pulls. That to me smacks of insecurity. The guy tries way too hard to always, at all times, assert himself as the alpha gorilla. You don't see truly secure dudes pulling that shit. Take Chuck Liddell for instance. Or any top fighter, really. They don't act like that towards people, because they have nothing to prove. Rogan goes too far with that shit a lot of times.

Last edited:
Its not like Rogan is a highly successful person, what would he know about sucess?

Sherdog is weird, ive never seen so much contempt for winners.
Its almost if the forum is now filled with contentious, insecure losers

I don't get it. I can get disliking Joe because he has that kind of personality. But the guy is very successful you can't pretend like he's some bum in a basement.

only thing that video did was motivate me to not be like joe rogan

and to take care of my teeth

Because he takes DMT regularly, from what he says. All the weed, I don't see the harm in that, personally. As long as you can still get your shit done, weed is fine. But DMT, acid, mushrooms, any kind of substances like that, over time, WILL permanently alter the way your brain functions. I remember being younger and looking up to guys like Timothy Leary and Hunter S. Thompson and guys that did that kind of shit regularly. You know what that eventually got Hunter S. Thompson? You should look that up.

I'm not just pulling this stuff out of nowhere, bro. Like I said, I've listened to Rogan a lot for many years. And I can tell he's slipping. He's not as sharp as he used to be. He repeats himself often. He contradicts himself all the time. He's just not as sharp as he once was. And you can check that for yourself. Go back and listen to any of his stuff from about 10 years ago, whether it was his UFC's or his interviews or whatever. Draw your own conclusions.

I think he's slipping. Like I said to the guy in the post above this, go back and listen to his stuff from around 10 years ago. Even just his fight commentary from back then. See if it sounds the same to you. To me it doesn't, but it's just my opinion. Maybe I'm wrong.

that's a good point about hunter s thompson. few things are more pathetic than seeing someone applaud a guy like hunter s thompson, considering guys like him end up nothing more than utterly pathetic, incompetent, and suicidal shells of humans

Last edited:
Keep in mind that the crying when talking about talking to Ronda, is coming from a man that equates lifting kettlebells to "going to war." That's just one of the many, many contradictions that come out of Rogan's mouth. And to answer your question, yes, that crying over something like that, is absolutely indicative of a problem. You can argue all you want, won't change the way I see it. Rogan from 10 years ago would never have done that, imo.

And I don't see how you're relating having children to being emotional over recalling the memory of talking to a female fighter. Out of curiosity, how old are you? And be honest.

Yeah you dont have any kids.

The guy has 2 or 3 daughters, I would suspect he's projecting and emotional correlation with his daughters. 10 years ago, he probably didnt have children. Being "emotional" traditionally is not viewed as a "problem"

You're welcome to "see it" anyway you want. I doubt any reputable psychiatrist would agree with you.

"man that equates lifting kettlebells to "going to war." "

Thats not a "contradiction" its what's called a metaphor-
Its a figure of speech not a literal likeness. For example on Sherdog when we say "They went to WAR in that fight" it doesnt actually mean they ACTUALLY went to war. Nor is that a "contradiction"

You may not get him. But it seems plenty of established academics, intellectuals and scientist on his podcast do.

Very few human beings on the planet are as sharp as they used to be at 50 compared to their 30's.

His podcasts with intellectuals are more engaging now than theyve ever been to me and his recall seems pretty concise .

And you brought up another thing that bugs me. The bullying shit he pulls. That to me smacks of insecurity. The guy tries way too hard to always, at all times, assert himself as the alpha gorilla. You don't see truly secure dudes pulling that shit. Take Chuck Liddell for instance. Or any top fighter, really. They don't act like that towards people, because they have nothing to prove. Rogan goes too far with that shit a lot of times.

So crying to you is a sign of slipping? I'm not a young person and I don't see anything wrong with dealing with emotions. It's not like he was blubbering all the time. My goodness the man has tens of millions of dollars, a nice family and the substances he uses are for perspective. He is still very sharp. Pull up his podcast with Neil Tyson DeGras and he's out of his element with that guy, but most other guests he hangs with them. Not sure what specifically happened to sour your position on the guy but to site crying as a sign of slipping is poor example.

My apologies I had not seen this post before I sent my post via phone. Your point here validates your opinion. I do agree on his bullying. Something has happened in since early 2016 if u listen to his podcasts. He is being extremely humble. Prior to that I too was having issues with his bullying attitude as well.

Yeah you dont have any kids.

The guy has 2 or 3 daughters, I would suspect he's projecting and emotional correlation with his daughters. 10 years ago, he probably didnt have children. Being "emotional" traditionally is not viewed as a "problem"

You're welcome to "see it" anyway you want. I doubt any reputable psychiatrist would agree with you.

"man that equates lifting kettlebells to "going to war." "

Thats not a "contradiction" its what's called a metaphor-
Its a figure of speech not a literal likeness. For example on Sherdog when we say "They went to WAR in that fight" it doesnt actually mean they ACTUALLY went to war. Nor is that a "contradiction"

You may not get him. But it seems plenty of established academics, intellectuals and scientist on his podcast do.

Again, how old are you? You didn't answer and I suspect I know why.

And the contradiction I was pointing out was "lifts kettlebells like he's going to war. Cries when thinking of female fighter." That's a contradiction bud. You really thought you had something with pointing out what a metaphor is though, didn't you? lol that's kinda sad.

But hey, I'm not trying to convince you of anything. Think the way you think and feel the way ya feel. I'm just telling ya how I feel. So do what ya like, bud.

I would rather cultivate the self discipline to constantly push myself than wait around to feel motivated. You don't need a video to tell you to put the work in to achieve your goals.

The successful people I know work hard whether they feel like it or not.

Back