Media Joe Rogan: ''Khabib is the MMA GOAT '' Vol.46

how can he be goat? he only fought 3 elite guys (porier, conman and gayje)

Anderson/Jones/DJ - 11 title defenses

Aldo/GSP - 9 title defenses

Khabib - 3 title defenses
you people never learn.
anderson 1 fight in ufc = title shot *lost fights *failed drug test
jones 7 fights in ufc = title shot *arguably lost fights * failed multiple drug tests
khabib 10 fights in ufc = title shot *clean *dominant

longest road to title, most dominant body of work, never popped

depends on how you weigh goat criteria

i think he's the most dominant fighter we've ever seen. there was never anyone who was competitive with him, unlike other goat contenders who had L's and split decision wins with busted faces. the issue for me is... how much 'could' he have accomplished. personally i think he'd go to 40-0 without an issue at LW if he stuck around.

Tibau was pretty competitive with him...

<BC1>

There is no competition to Khabib in the GOAT category.

GSP has 1 fight under USADA.
Jones is a proven roidbag and has 4 clean fights total. Half of those are shitty split decisions which proves that his natural fighting ability is very mediocre.
Anderson is a proven roidbag and has 1 clean win in the UFC. His career fell off a cliff once he could no longer roid starting from 2015 and his performance completely plummeted.

Khabib has 7 fights under USADA and all of his top or simply dangerous opponents except for RDA were beaten by him in the USADA era: Michael Johnson, Barboza, Poirier Gaethje. Never had any problems with roids. The true and undisputed GOAT. Roidbag nut-garglers can go stick more needles in their asses along with their opinions.

you're trolling, but if not, you're absolutely delusional lol

Isn't Once Ever in Human History a more important ranking than MMA GOAT?

Rounda > Khabib

I think the guy who failed multiple drug tests and whose best win is a decision over a 35 year old who if he had a somewhat low body fat would fight at least one division below is better.
Not to forget those dominant split-decision performances.

Khabib won the biggest GOAT poll ever conducted in the history of MMA. Over half a million responders and Khabib dominated Jon Jones and GSP in the poll. Seems like the average MMA fan thinks the way I do, enjoy your contrarianism and keep gargling those roided balls.

GSP never popped and his a more impressive career by far.

Tf do I care what a poll said? It's called recency bias and the average MMA fan, like yourself, is an idiot.

Here's the records of Khabib's opponents before he went to the UFC. Note, all of these records are middle eastern regional records.

• 2-5
  • 0-2
  • 12-5
  • 4-3
  • 0-1
  • 13-2
  • 12-3
  • 31-11
  • 9-11
  • 5-3
  • 13-13
  • 2-5
  • 3-6
  • 8-4
  • 8-5
  • 41-38
  • TOTAL: 163-117 = 1.39:1 W/L ratio for pre-UFC opponents. That single 31-11 guy literally made it 1.39 from 1.25 on the garbage middle eastern regional scene. Note, only one of his pre-UFC opponents even have a wiki page. Post UFC debut:
  • 9-5
  • 36-15
  • 24-11
  • 15-8
  • 34-24
  • 30-13
  • 14-4
  • 19-17
  • 22-9
  • 14-6
  • 22-6
  • 28-6
  • 22-3
  • TOTAL UFC: 289-127 = 2.27:1 W/L ratio for Khabib's opponents post UFC debut
Beat a few good guys toward the end of his career

GSP:
  • 25-12
  • 7-3
  • 18-7
  • 27-21
  • 25-24
  • TOTAL: 92-67 = 1.37:1 W/L ratio for pre-UFC debut opponents
  • Post UFC debut
  • 23-7
  • 45-9
  • 25-8
  • 28-10
  • 21-9
  • 36-4
  • 16-14
  • 11-7
  • 17-11
  • 32-8
  • 23-15
  • 25-10
  • 33-11
  • 32-14
  • 26-9
  • 18-8
  • 30-9
  • TOTAL UFC: 441 - 163 = 2.71:1 W/L ratio
2 division champion, 13 title fight victories, 9 straight defenses, the resume is overwhelming

Khabib is great, but it's too small of a sample size.

Rogain knows GSP was juiced to the gills to show up jacked like that to his fights. He won't put GSP over Khabib eva!
And you think elite fighters are natty?
Did you TJ fight the other day?
Did you ever watch Couture fight?

''He smashed everybody. Undefeated as a World Champion, the last guy he beat was, would many people thought would be his most dangerous challenge, and he almost had him in the first round, he got him in the second round. He is the greatest of all time.''

Joe Rogan used the term GOAT as an adjective, not a noun. He'll simultaneously use it for Jones, GSP, Khabib, etc.

Wish Khabib hung around long enough to fight Charles. The ground game between the two would have been interesting to say the least..
If Poirier enters Charles guard and Charles does nothing then it will put the conversation to bed. I thought Chandler did that but I guess that's not conclusive enough lol.

Who uses GOAT as a noun? LOL. He says ''the'' Goat.

Also he previously compared Jon to Khabib (without even bringing USADA and cheatings) and said Khabib is better P4P because Khabib's competition at LW division was harder than Jon's competition at LHW.

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...e-goat-over-jon-jones.4160720/#post-163512213

Honestly, i just don't put much stock in what Joe Rogan says, he's very wishy washy in his opinions. He says a lot of bold/emphatic things as a means of emphasis, not because he believes them in absolute terms.

Are you American? This is a very classic American way of talking, prone to hyperbole yet not entirely sincere. It should be taken with a grain of salt.

1 win under actual steroid testing is not impressive, lol. GSP ran away from the sport the moment actual testing was introduced. That's his """legacy""", lol.

Before Khabib went to the UFC he defeated Eldar Eldarov - a high level smabo fighter who to this day is his absolute best win. Gaethje and Dustin are cans in comparison.

Also, GSP never defended the MW belt, so he never was a 2 division champ. Title defenses mean nothing when you're being gifted title shots after your second UFC fight like GSP was. Khabib had to win 9 straight before he got his.

Because his wins before his title shot were a combination of missed weights and fair to middling lightweights except RDA. Khabib was so fragile he couldn't stay healthy or in shape long enough to consistently fight top competition like GSP.

If you don't care what the consensus of the MMA community is, then start coping with the fact that no one cares about your contrarian opinion either.

Nobody can lay out an argument that Khabib with 3 title defenses and virtually unknown opponents from the middle eastern regional scene is the GOAT. The best you can argue is Jones/Silva popped so they are disqualified, in which case GSP outshines Khabib in every category imaginable.

I guess GSP's 13 title fight wins can buy him a little GOAT currency for not defending the MW title considering Khabib only defended 3 times.

Literally said right here he MAY be the GOAT lol but ok

Yeah, this is why I literally said afaik, a.k.a the acronym for As Far As I Know.

Besides, not that I'm going to do it(the going through & documenting every guy he's called GoAT & how many times he said that person was/is GoAT), I'm willing to put hard cash bet, that comparative to all of Joe's calling Rhonda, Jones,Silva & now Khabib GoAT's, GSP is on the lowest of the totem poll.

Back