Media Joe Rogan: ''Khabib is the MMA GOAT '' Vol.46

I agree with Joe for once but I wouldn't put too much stock into his words. He's hyperbolic and could be singing a different tune tomorrow. A lot of people will be proclaiming Usman as GOAT if he beats Colby again and it wouldn't surprise me to see Joe beating that drum.

As a fan of Khabib, I wish he'd gotten a couple of more title defenses in there, if only to pad the stats a little. While his record is impressive and he tore through the division and would most likely have beaten Tony and Oliveira, the biggest knock on him is that his title run looks less impressive than Anderson, GSP, and Jones.

Anyone who invokes the "muh title defenses!" fallacy is a moron. GSP was gifted a title shot after 2 UFC wins. Khabib had to win 9 in a row. Case closed.

Very good point. Jones, Anderson, and GSP got title shots early. Khabib had to clean out his division first.

But 5 round title fights are different and even though it's not Khabib's fault, it's something his detractors will always point to.

If Khabib gets bored and decides to fight the winner of Poirier vs Oliveira, what else would you need from him to consider the guy the goat? There are no competitors left for him.

Jon and Anderson are steroid users, big fuck up….. they are out. Gsp had a goat career. Usman is a beast but he lost to a chump and his title defenses are mostly against former lightweights.

Cool, bring Brock Lesnar to UFC again.
Sure, that would be awesome.
When did he say that?
"To be honest I would myself put Jon Jones at #1 spot. I think he defended his belt 9 times and he is unbeaten even if he has 1 DQ loss. He’s beating big names, many legends. But his last couple of fights he’s not showing his best performances, lost many rounds, many people even argue that he lost a couple of his last fights. There are also PED scandals. But if you look at his skillset I think he’s #1 P4P, justly."
https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/brand-new-khabib-interview.4131895/

Sure, but 90% of his wins are against sub par competition. I guess the point is if he had to fight the number one contender 10 times in a row like GSP, Anderson and Jones did, he would eventually make those mistakes and look less dominant.
It's the one asterisk on his career I agree.

But I really don't see anyone on the roster today or in the past that has anything for him. He disposed of today's big dogs (Poirier & Gaethje) with ease. At LW, he would maul Oliveira, Dariush, Chandler, Ferguson, Hooker, Gillespie, Ferreira, Gamrot, Riddell and Tsarukyan, which is the complete top 15 bar Islam Makhachev and the fighters he already defeated.

If he went up to Welterweight, I'm convinced he would maul Covington, Burns, Edwards, Masvidal, Chiesa, Thompson, Luque, Magny, Diaz, Jingliang, Ponzy, Brady. I think he only would have a hard time against Usman and even then I still favour him. I'd also favour him (albeit very close) over prime GSP.

If he had fought in another time, he would've mauled prime BJ, Alvarez, Benson, Frankie, Gomi, Aoki, etc etc.

I would say, if he were to go on without getting seriously injured, the chance of him losing a fight within the next 4 years is about 10-15%.

Sure, but 90% of his wins are against sub par competition. I guess the point is if he had to fight the number one contender 10 times in a row like GSP, Anderson and Jones did, he would eventually make those mistakes and look less dominant.
RDA, Mcgregor, Porrier, Justin, Barboza, Michael Jhonson. Everyone except from mcgregor was at their peak when he beat theme, RDA was on a 5 fight win streak and became champ after, Johnson had just ko'ed porrier the fight before, porrier was the interm champ, so was justin after dominating Ferguson, Barboza was on a 3 fight win streak before facing khabib. Point is, he fought the best lightweights at his time except for Ferguson but judging how he looked in the justin fight I don't think he would have stood much of a chance either.

But I really don't see anyone on the roster today or in the past that has anything for him. He disposed of today's big dogs (Poirier & Gaethje) with ease. At LW, he would maul Oliveira, Dariush, Chandler, Ferguson, Hooker, Gillespie, Ferreira, Gamrot, Riddell and Tsarukyan, which is the complete top 15 bar Islam Makhachev and the fighters he already defeated.

If he went up to Welterweight, I'm convinced he would maul Covington, Burns, Edwards, Masvidal, Chiesa, Thompson, Luque, Magny, Diaz, Jingliang, Ponzy, Brady. I think he only would have a hard time against Usman and even then I still favour him. I'd also favour him (albeit very close) over prime GSP.

Khabib quit without ever challenging himself to fight at WW in the UFC -- and he tapped out early on his LW GOAT Run

so all this nonsense you blather on about Khabibi taking on WWs is All Filler, No Thriller --

coulda woulda shoulda, BUT DIDN'T -- Khabib gets ZERO CREDIT for your active imagination

439.gif

Cool, bring Brock Lesnar to UFC again.

When did he say that?

''Accomlishments'' are subjective.

You probably meant title defenses = accomplishments.

Then again, nobody robbed Jon Jones from his deserved title shot, and made him wait for 2 years. That happened to Khabib in 2016.

Khabib is a special case in terms of title defenses, due to UFC's Conor favoritism, that should be considered when it comes to Khabib, and put an asterisk to his title defenses on why he could've more but UFC didn't give him the chance and made him wait for 2 years. Just like asterisks that Jon Jones has due to USADA.

I definitely think Silva and Jones have asterisks due to USADA and I have Khabib ahead of both of them.

Accomplishments are a huge part of GOAT status, but so is how dominant you were. Khabib might be like #8 in terms of accomplishments, but #1 in terms of dominance. One of the GOAT'S for sure

Khabib quit without ever challenging himself to fight at WW in the UFC -- and he tapped out early on his LW GOAT Run

so all this nonsense you blather on about Khabibi taking on WWs is All Filler, No Thriller --

coulda woulda shoulda, BUT DIDN'T -- Khabib gets ZERO CREDIT for your active imagination
found the emasculated McGregor fan

what was the name of your previous account?

Sure, that would be awesome.

"To be honest I would myself put Jon Jones at #1 spot. I think he defended his belt 9 times and he is unbeaten even if he has 1 DQ loss. He’s beating big names, many legends. But his last couple of fights he’s not showing his best performances, lost many rounds, many people even argue that he lost a couple of his last fights. There are also PED scandals. But if you look at his skillset I think he’s #1 P4P, justly."
https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/brand-new-khabib-interview.4131895/
He said there many GOATs not just one later;
Khabib Nurmagomedov says he shares GOAT status with six other legendary fighters
Speaking to ESPN, Nurmagomedov said that he is on the same level as Jon Jones, Georges St-Pierre, Anderson Silva, Fedor Emelianenko, Demetrious Johnson, and Daniel Cormier.

Yeah, and a new greatest ever will be crowned after every. single. title fight. Accolades need to be surpassed.

Jones and Fedor, to me. The 2 most dominant streaks.

He said there many GOATs not just one later;
Khabib Nurmagomedov says he shares GOAT status with six other legendary fighters
Speaking to ESPN, Nurmagomedov said that he is on the same level as Jon Jones, Georges St-Pierre, Anderson Silva, Fedor Emelianenko, Demetrious Johnson, and Daniel Cormier.
okay, but the original quote is NUMBER 1 SPOT. that can only be one guy, and he put Jon Jones there.

Not even close. What a joke. Mighty Mouse has a far superior legacy to Khabib, nm Fedor, GSP, Andy, Jones, etc. I'd even put Igor over Khabib. Khabib simply got out when his record was clean, long before he took on some real challenges and withstood the test of time. The reason he was able to even retire is Conor granted his Twitter DM wish and gave him a red panty night. 3 title defenses and 2 against ex featherweights? C'mon now, son!

If you dont value the failed drug tests, then Jones is easily the GOAT - if he retired after he beat Rashad, that would be like Khabib now. If you value the failed tests, it is GSP or Fedor. Lol, Igor is legit like Khabib size but chubby and slayed HW's - meanwhile, Khabib is cutting 40 pounds to fight midgets, failing weight 3 times, ending up in the hospital on life support and having his Muslim buddies on the commission help rig the scale when he was over weight in his last fight.......you cant DQ Andy and Jon from GOAT discussion for cutting corners then leave up Khabib for doing what he did.

Very good point. Jones, Anderson, and GSP got title shots early. Khabib had to clean out his division first.

But 5 round title fights are different and even though it's not Khabib's fault, it's something his detractors will always point to.

Jones got his title shot after 7 UFC fights and only as a replacement for Rashad.

I like that Khabib bowed out at his peak.

But it also means that he didn't rack up the numbers to be a GOAT contender, imo.

Also, in 2 or 3 years Rogan will probably be calling someone else the GOAT. He's the kind of person who is caught up is whatever the big thing is right now.
all of this.
Worth noting Khabib left because of his father's passing, which is more than understandable and absolutely not a slight on him...

But the faqct is, he left too early to surpass other contenders IMO...

Kind of how Cain could have been HW GOAT if he was healthy...
Could have, should have, would have... but in real life, it didn't work out.

depends on how you weigh goat criteria

i think he's the most dominant fighter we've ever seen. there was never anyone who was competitive with him, unlike other goat contenders who had L's and split decision wins with busted faces. the issue for me is... how much 'could' he have accomplished. personally i think he'd go to 40-0 without an issue at LW if he stuck around.

Back