Joe Rogan "Jones has had only one tough and it's Gustaphason"

Uhh, Santos fucked him up to the point that he was carried out from the damage.

If the knee injury never happened Santos for sure would have won that - even then there is a good argument that he won that fight.

You know, I remember Rogan semi-recently on his podcast talking about his philosophy (and the important lessons he was taught) about doing fight commentary. Not 100% but it may have been the last time Yves Edwards was on, seeing as how he does commentary for PFL. Anyway one of the things he said was that if nothing is happening in a fight you should never try to bullshit the audience and try to convince them that there's some amazing action going on, because you're gonna lose your credibility with them. I thought about that last night because he was doing EXACTLY that during the Holm fight. It's especially worse when you consider that it's a Conor card where there are a lot of casuals watching, maybe even for the first time.

Yeah, Rogan and Anik are both full of shit. Anik also with his, Every guy in the top 20 is a top 5 guy in their division and every fight is the greatest fight ever...

Are you Joking joe? or are you stupid? I mean I know he is a comedian but thats not even funny. Have you forgotten about Thiago, you mentally challenged midget? If you are not retarded then prove me wrong, prove me wrong buddy boy, prove me wrong.....

imagine if normal people got this upset over something stupid like this...

LOL, youre one of the biggest Jones fans here along with Kflo..... No one takes your jon jones opinions here seriously dude.
Fan no doubt.
MMA fan and hes the best

Sorry to break it to you-
fight metric, isnt an "opinion" cupcake.

sorry
LOL!

If the knee injury never happened Santos for sure would have won that - even then there is a good argument that he won that fight.

http://rds.fightmetric.com/fight/7811

Santos is out for a year
Thiago-Santos-2-2-696x399.png

The Santos fight was surprisingly competitive and so people blow it well out of proportion, Joe is right that the only tough fight Jones has had was Gus 1.

Thiago fight was a hard fought decision but he was NEVER at any risk and the only reason why Santos did “well” was because Jones for whatever dumb reason wanted to best Santos at his own strength.

in his fight against Gus on the other hand, Jones tried to take Gus down unsuccessfully and he even got taken down by Gus. This is the only fight where Jones was very close to losing 3/5 rounds.

Now I want to change my name to Gustaphason, sounds so space-agey and cool.

Yeah Rogan was over exaggerating big time. Even fights against Machida, Belfort etc weren’t necessarily easy.

Jones has been so dominant that these fights are considered some of his toughest. TRT Vitor almost getting an armbar and Machida catch him with a punch when he was off balance. Both were finished and Vitor was dominated for every second after the failed armbar.

If the Santos fight was tough, then Jones wouldn't have been coasting and looking bored to death. Yeah Santos landed some leg kicks, but thats about it, just punching the air. Jones 4-1. He was coasting and bored too

Joe seems to ‘forget’ things and I don’t know if it’s intentional or not.

Like how he talks about how Jones is a clean athlete because USADA cleared for him the turinabol but forgets about the failed tests for clomiphene and Letrozole.

difference is jones could of took santos down at any stage but chose to stand with gus the option was taken away from him

Your mancrush couldn't even walk due to the damage sustained by Thiago leg kicks.

Not to mention Thiago being injured(one-legged) in that fight.
He had a bruised leg that was healed the day after

This is what real damage looks like

images

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back