Joe Rogan JiuJitsu (Stuart Cooper Films)

So this guy just compiles a bunch of pre-existing youtube clips of Joe Rogan talking about jiu-jitsu (most of which are from his podcast) and calls it a "film?" Another gem from the laziest filmmaker in combat sports.

Last edited:
10915315_940131802665010_1131076174168693176_n.jpg

I think it is a trailer for a HOPEFULLY-to-be-made-project-if-everyone-helps-pay-for-it.

BTW, "Hopwfully" in the last frame is misspelled, see above. Might want to fix that before it goes viral...

I think it is a trailer for a HOPEFULLY-to-be-made-project-if-everyone-helps-pay-for-it.

BTW, "Hopwfully" in the last frame is misspelled, see above. Might want to fix that before it goes viral...

when he did the indiegogo project did he say something like 12 films or something like that? So was the marcelo the first one? Wouldn't this be another one just part of that original raise... I'm confused

So this guy just compiles a bunch of pre-existing youtube clips related to Joe Rogan and jiu-jitsu (most of which are from his podcast) and calls it a "film?" Another gem from the laziest filmmaker in combat sports.

yep, pretty much. lol

when he did the indiegogo project did he say something like 12 films or something like that? So was the marcelo the first one? Wouldn't this be another one just part of that original raise... I'm confused

I'm not sure, but a lot of the ones he did are actually not even available anymore. Roy Dean's is gone, and so is Keenan Cornelius' doc. Marcelo Garcia's doc was taken down also, but I've heard it's back up. I'm not sure.

Oh, so it's another "donate money and I'll make a full movie out of one awkward interview and some gym sparring footage that I'll repeat over and over" film. I can't wait.

Did he just rip off someone else videos? lol

So this guy just compiles a bunch of pre-existing youtube clips of Joe Rogan talking about jiu-jitsu (most of which are from his podcast) and calls it a "film?" Another gem from the laziest filmmaker in combat sports.

like honestly??? quit hating man!

I dont know why he made some videos private I dunno. Maybe he's going to make a subscription service or something because donations aren't allowing him to make enough to do make videos.

Last edited:
I find Stuart has a great style but the message just gets lost. Watching the Keenan one was interesting but really had no direction.

like honestly??? quit hating man!

I don't know why he made some videos private I dunno. Maybe he's going to make a subscription service or something because donations aren't allowing him to make enough to do make videos.

If he does that what is he going to do about the 20K+ he raised? That's going to kill his rep for sure , if the ALS/RD saga wasn't already a big hit.

Thought it would have been better .... Seen most of these clips on YouTube before anyways

This would be the equivalent to some random director taking bits of Dracula (1931) and Hammer's Horror of Dracula, splicing them together with some background music and voice over from Son of Dracula, and then calling the finished product a new Dracula "film" and putting his own logo and water mark over ever frame of footage.

Technically this is a new arrangement and amalgamation of clips, but you absolutely cannot put your watermark and logo all over every frame of the original footage!!!

Last edited:
If he does that what is he going to do about the 20K+ he raised? That's going to kill his rep for sure , if the ALS/RD saga wasn't already a big hit.

I really dont know why he put them out for free then made them private....

the RD saga was a mess

I really dont know why he put them out for free then made them private....

the RD saga was a mess

Law of supply and demand. Make them scarce so they will be valued more. Many BJJ suppliers have done this. I'm sure he has gotten quite a few emails requesting access to the once public material. Lets them into the "private" group to see the "private" stuff and then markets to them relentlessly for the next project.

I agree also that you shouldnt edit a bunch of clips together and give no credit so it looks like original work.

Yikes. Film maker resorting to making highlight clip of youtube videos?

Law of supply and demand. Make them scarce so they will be valued more. Many BJJ suppliers have done this. I'm sure he has gotten quite a few emails requesting access to the once public material. Lets them into the "private" group to see the "private" stuff and then markets to them relentlessly for the next project.

I agree also that you shouldnt edit a bunch of clips together and give no credit so it looks like original work.

he has been hanging out with Lloyd Irvin i guess. they seem like they would get along.

Back