Joe Rogan is not a good commentator anymore

I believe this all drives home the fact that MMA is still in its infancy said:
THIS ^......there's a ton of aspects that people treat like they are permanent, not to be condescending, but that is a very simple stance you don't jump from 1 to 10 without going through a process

Did this really need to be a thread? I searched rogan and found at least 5 different topics about him for TODAY. You couldn't just post your opinion in there?

Personally I find Rogan to be consistently one of the best things about the UFC's ppv shows.

I think he's just ok, there aren't many mma commentators who are better unfortunately. Jimmy Smith is pretty good though.

I think he's aight, much better than any of the alternatives.

Who would you rather have? Anik? No matter how many off nights Joe has, the ufc would not be the same without him.

Joe is easily the best commentator in MMA and it's not even close.

I still remember when Rampage and Jardine were fighting and all Joe would talk about was Jardine's leg kicks meanwhile Jardine was getting outboxed the whole fight. I swear he goes goo goo for led kicks. Joe's been on the downswing for quite some time.

It's the screaming that annoys me.

"AaaaH! THIS IS THE BEST _______ I'VE EVER SEEN."

He should smoke a fat one before he gets on air.

I'm actually starting to think that the traditional rules of broadcasting are actually handcuffing his commentary.

The Fight Companion Podcast he did was some of the best commentary I've heard during a live event (once I got it synced up). The lack of any filter was fantastic.

Rogan has gotten so much better. Hes much less bias now (trust me new MMA fans), and has worked out some of his kinks. That being said, he has a distinct personality and style that may turn some people off. The only thing I don't really like about him and Goldie is that they talk a little too much sometimes and don't say whats going on.

Back