Joe Rogan is not a good commentator anymore

I'm still riding the Joe Rogan warwagon. Don't know why you're so mad today, TS.

I might be the only person on Sherdog that enjoys Joe Rogan. I know his commentating isn't perfect but he's better than basically anyone else I've heard.

i would be inclined to agree.

Came here to say this , the mods should just create a fuck joe rogan section already this crap doesn't belong here

no shit. we get like three of these threads a day lately. it's a discussion board, but "i hate joe rogan" isn't really an interesting discussion premise.

Like the title says, he used to be great but now he's just like a cartoonish exaggeration of himself. This has been going on for awhile but during UFC 173 he really wore out his welcome for me.

Anything and everything was "hes in trouble mike, hes in bad trouble." and his nutriding of fighters has reached critical mass. I could not believe my ears the fucking bias in the Francisco Rivera fight, he was nutriding so hard.

Translation: I think Rogan has a bias that doesn't match my bias...therefore I no likey.

Joe has always said he is a fan first and an announcer second. So if he's biased towards some fighters it shouldnt be a surprise. I like that he expresses his opinions and dosent follow a protocol that most announcers have of being non biased.

He hasn't been for a year or so now. I'd like for the UFC to replace him with stann soon.

OOOOOhhhhhhh. Forgot which fight it was Florian and Anik kept making those noises.

Rogan is great. Entertaining and knowledgeable.

I wouldn't call it 'hating' on joe rogan- because he does do a good job, and he isn't a 'hateful' person by ANY means, but he does become biased lol and we are open to critique anything we choose.

I don't think there's anyone who can really 'replace' him at his job, especially because of his experience and understanding of the sport, also the way he communicates 'resonates' with people very well and makes them interested in the fight- even when he is seeming biased.

Sometimes a fight becomes MORE interesting when the commentators become biased, because you'll be looking for the upset lol

Normally I would never reply to a thread like this, but one thing I'm 100% percent sure is that Joe Rogan's commentating is better than the threads you made today.

Keep it up, you are almost there.

Used to think he was perfect for it, but honestly I have grown tired of him lately. What bothers me is when he focuses on ONE thing he doesn't like about a fighters style and just goes on and on and on. Why not mention it, and move on to what the other fighter is doing well? It gets annoying when he's constantly critiquing different styles. Having so many different styles is what makes MMA so great.

"This is probably your best performance I've ever seen inside the octagon!"

It bothers me the fact that he says this all the time to every single fighter that wins.

"HE TAGGED HIM, MIKE!"

"HE TAGGED HIM AGAIN!"

I actually had to turn the sound off for the first time ever, that was simply ridiculous, he heavily favors TJ and other alpha male guys, training with them and all.

Otherwise I like him.

Joe knows a lot about the various forms of fighting used in MMA and is a great commentator. You may not like his style or his voice or whatever, but he is extremely knowledgeable.

Rogan has let his experiences and interests expand outside the octagon; and I believe he now is holding on to the job because he just likes it, his commitment to the actual commentary is hit or miss.

Like the title says, he used to be great but now he's just like a cartoonish exaggeration of himself. This has been going on for awhile but during UFC 173 he really wore out his welcome for me.

Anything and everything was "hes in trouble mike, hes in bad trouble." and his nutriding of fighters has reached critical mass. I could not believe my ears the fucking bias in the Francisco Rivera fight, he was nutriding so hard.

He has fallen into a repetitive kinda cartoonish mode but he's going through a phase man, it's not that bad either, he'll work it out chill!

Joe Rogan probably is the best and he still annoys the crap out of me pretty often. There's also a thread going on in which MMA journalists are being almost unanimously shat on and pretty much for good reason.

Most of the referees receive a lot of hate, the judges certainly do. There aren't very many fighters who are true stars and most of them don't make considerable money. MMA itself still isn't sanctioned in New York.

I believe this all drives home the fact that MMA is still in its infancy, clearly.

Back