Joe Rogan is doing Carnivore Diet and said he has bad Diarrhea from it but will continue on

Well this should be an interesting commentary for this week's fight...

What is the point of doing this?
Food is a religion to people. Do they need a legitimate reason? Be manly. Eat bacon. Rawr! Some people say they feel better. Placebo effect is strong.

He could probably bottle it and sell it and Sherdoggers would buy it and drink it.

Sure, and there are people doing this diet longterm that have normal digestion. Again, like I said, diet and the response to said diet his highly variable and up to the individual.

That's cool, I don't take vitamins either. I get my vitamins primarily from shell fish and pastured eggs for the most part.

Im guessing you are on a carnivore diet

Why not eat fruit and veggies bro? add them to your diet please man

I heard that too.

These 2 brothers have been trying diets for 30/45 days and a thing that I found interesting when they did carnivore was:
"If you think you have to fart while doing carnivore, you don't, it's a poop, trust me. Sadly, I've learned it from experience".
LOL

Digestive changes are likely from changing diversity of your gut microbiome as well as the big increase in fat in order ot meet caloric needs. 100 - 150 grams of fat will take you a decent amount of time to adjust to if you aren't used to it. Aromatic heterocyclic amines don't even have to be on meat as long as you don't you don't char it so I don't buy the "carcinogen" thing you're talking about. Those same carcinogens end up on cooked/grilled/roasted vegetables too. If you're counting heme iron as a carcinogen as well then you're equally off base. It's only been shown possible in rat models when they are intentionally fed a diet completely devoid of calcium. Once calcium was added back into the diet then it was impossible to replicate the results.

People get plenty of constipation and diarrhea on vegan diets too. Diet is highly individual. Anyone, no matter who you are, will have to make physically adjustments when they radically change their way of eating from one extreme to the other. Carnivore works for a lot of people. Vegan works for a lot of people. Most of us are somewhere in the middle. And since there's evidence out there that supports every single diet out there, it's up to the individual to find the right balance based on their own physiology. Just because some people have liquid poops for a while doesn't mean everyone will.

Not much of a walk Or adjustment for me after keto and my preferred modified Paleo; I’ll give this a whirl later this year when less busy.

I'm considering doing a carnivore, eggs, onions/greenpeppers, and protein shake diet along with intermittent fasting.

But just eating meat sounds insane.

Cutting out the bread, sugar, pop/soda, and carbs alone will do wonders for most people.

A better elimination diet would be to start with a fast. Then add from there.
Rogan claims he does intermittent fasting. But he does 14/10 which is basically nothing.

So the carnivore diet used as a detox and not long term is wht you are saying? but what about long term? There are many people who are doing this long term who still have diarrhea and constipation but dont care since they say that eating the diet made them lose weight because they dont have to eat as much and stay full from the meat.

I read about that plant stuff here, its why I don't take vitamins anymore they are useless and I just get my vitamins from fresh fruitsa nd veggies.

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/fruits-and-vegetables-are-trying-to-kill-you
Yeah. LOL at buying vitamins if is not for medical reasons.

Guys nowadays want to eat like shit and compensate with protein shakes and vitamins. I mean, it's cool if you are a high performance athlete or a bodybuilder... but the average Joe who goes to the gym to hit chest and biceps 3x at week has no business consuming those stuff.

I'm considering doing a carnivore, eggs, onions/greenpeppers, and protein shake diet along with intermittent fasting.

But just eating meat sounds insane.

Cutting out the bread, sugar, pop/soda, and carbs alone will do wonders for most people.
I do that but I eat around 100grs of carbs a day. Mainly from veggies and fruits.

Oh, and also peanuts. High protein, good fats, not so much carbs, cheap as fuck.

Basically it's an elimination diet. Some people may have sensitivities to food and not even realize it. Meat tends to have no anti nutrients or defensive chemicals in it and most vitamins and minerals are extremely bioavailable and easily assimilated. Plants, like animals, don't really want to be eat either. Where as animals can run away or physically fight back, plants cannot. Plants are master chemists and produce all manner of things to keep animals from eating them. Phytic acid, lectins, oxalates etc etc...... Some people are just more sensitive to those chemicals than others. A carnivore diet allows you to kind of reset things.

January is supposedly "world carnivore month"
That's how I found out I needed to remove all grains from my diet. Phytic acid and gluten make me feel like shit and sap my energy. Huge lifestyle change for a guy who owned a sandwich shop and had the nickname "sammich" for over a decade.

gross.

also you get mud butt from it and keep doing it? retarded

In my mind the carnivore diet could only be "healthy" if the person is mostly eating poultry. Guy's eating bacon and red meat... double no no. His age/gender puts him in high risk categories for several health problems, if his body is saying "no" - he should be listening instead of trying to bruteforce the diet.

That's how I found out I needed to remove all grains from my diet. Phytic acid and gluten make me feel like shit and sap my energy. Huge lifestyle change for a guy who owned a sandwich shop and had the nickname "sammich" for over a decade.
Phytic acid blocks the bodies absorption of iron and other metals and minerals you need. Eat a kiwi and an orange and bell peppers and you should be good to go Orange vitamin C helps absorb iron, and they fight against phytates.

The problem is you wont completely be able to remove it from your diet just minimize it, I read somewhere almost every food we buy that is packaged contains some toxins that are bad for you.

They say its best just to cook your own meal from whole foods. And also soak your beans or legumes, My folks always soak their beans over night and rinse them multiple times to get rid of it before cooking.

Same thing with rice you gotta soak it several times until its clear water, some people just cook rice without rinsing it that will cause stomach irritation and inflammation

Not eating a balanced diet with lots of fresh veggies sounds idiotic to me.

I’ve never been on one of these idiotic diets in my life and I’ve managed to be healthy and in shape all the time.

+1 slow me down as well. Taken Grains out for bout 2 years now. Once and awhile, I’ll have some pizza, but haven’t had pasta or rice for a long time.

His age/gender puts him in high risk categories for several health problems, if his body is saying "no" - he should be listening instead of trying to bruteforce the diet.
Joe just wants to

+1 slow me down as well. Taken Grains out for bout 2 years now. Once and awhile, I’ll have some pizza, but haven’t had pasta or rice for a long time.
For me its milk, when I removed milk from my diet my skin cleared up, I used to get super greasy oily skin with huge one or two zits.

Is Oatmeal okay or no? also you dont eat rice? I love white fluffy rice with all my steak and fish meals I usually it it with veggies on the side, but I make sure to rinse the rice really good.

that gold fork is the low key flex .joe rogan borrowed trumps fork.

For me its milk, when I removed milk from my diet my skin cleared up, I used to get super greasy oily skin with huge one or two zits.

Is Oatmeal okay or no? also you dont eat rice? I love white fluffy rice with all my steak and fish meals I usually it it with veggies on the side, but I make sure to rinse the rice really good.

It’s okay, lower glycemic; I know trainers and others that swear by oatmeal. Was my ex’s go to source for carbs.
For me, just grains in general slow me down and make me foggy and more hungry after a bit. I only know a few people (like me) who cut out rice here, but pretty much everyone here eats rice in Philippines.

Asians are purported according to Poliquin and John Berardi to process grains better, in comparison to Europeans... (for me not so much) .

If I returned traditional food pyramid based diet as I did as a kid up to in my 20s, even with a 50-20-30 ratio, (protein/carb/fat) I’d be sluggish, moody, and fatter, with a worse test/estrogen profile. Grain based diet just kinda fuck me up to a certain level.

That said even on time restricted paleo diet I’m still around 3000 calories & over a day.
I like to eat; just not as much, since it’s 4 to 6 hours at night window.

I train 4 to 6 days a week. Took bout Most of 5 weeks off with holidays and resetting now.
Last year I was training twice a day 4/5 days a week, but last 5 months I’m too busy and cut back.

Last edited:
Back