Joe Rogan is doing Carnivore Diet and said he has bad Diarrhea from it but will continue on

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by TidWell, Jan 15, 2020.

1. TidWell Steel Belt

I posted about this diet before and it seems one thing most people have in common when on this diet of eating nothing but meat no veggies, no rice, no fibrous fruits, is constipation and diarrhea. Then they get constipated diarrhea Im guessing its from the carcinogens in the charred meats or lack of fibers. One chick who does the Carnivore diet said she only takes a dump every 3 days and its usually diarrhea.

Its better just to eat a balanced diet with whole natural foods you prepare yourself.

Update: Yahoo article on what eating too much Red meat does to your body, it can mess with the Gut Microbiome so this is whats happening to Rogan

It can mess with your microbiome.
    Your gut microbiome ― often referred to as your gut flora ― consists of all the microorganisms that reside in your digestive tract that help keep things running (no pun intended) smoothly.

“When you eat red meat, you are unnecessarily exposing your body to carcinogens, your blood flow is being compromised, oxidative stress and inflammatory markers are rising, and you are eating a food that provides no sustenance for your microbiome,” Fuhrman said.

And it doesn’t take long to do this, as a study published in Nature found short-term red meat consumption over a few days or weeks alters the microbiome, possibly leading to issues like inflammatory bowel disease.
    https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/body-on-red-meat-104500016.html

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
  2. weed ベルセルク

3. Midnighter Silver Belt

Carnivore diet sounds almost as bad as vegan.

4. General_Speckz Purple Belt

No sauce on that?

Jesus it probably smells like a sewer in the Rogan household.

5. Zer Steel Belt

Name?

6. wufabufa Silver Belt

Digestive changes are likely from changing diversity of your gut microbiome as well as the big increase in fat in order ot meet caloric needs. 100 - 150 grams of fat will take you a decent amount of time to adjust to if you aren't used to it. Aromatic heterocyclic amines don't even have to be on meat as long as you don't you don't char it so I don't buy the "carcinogen" thing you're talking about. Those same carcinogens end up on cooked/grilled/roasted vegetables too. If you're counting heme iron as a carcinogen as well then you're equally off base. It's only been shown possible in rat models when they are intentionally fed a diet completely devoid of calcium. Once calcium was added back into the diet then it was impossible to replicate the results.

People get plenty of constipation and diarrhea on vegan diets too. Diet is highly individual. Anyone, no matter who you are, will have to make physically adjustments when they radically change their way of eating from one extreme to the other. Carnivore works for a lot of people. Vegan works for a lot of people. Most of us are somewhere in the middle. And since there's evidence out there that supports every single diet out there, it's up to the individual to find the right balance based on their own physiology. Just because some people have liquid poops for a while doesn't mean everyone will.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
  7. blaseblah Steel Belt

What is the point of doing this?

8. wufabufa Silver Belt

Basically it's an elimination diet. Some people may have sensitivities to food and not even realize it. Meat tends to have no anti nutrients or defensive chemicals in it and most vitamins and minerals are extremely bioavailable and easily assimilated. Plants, like animals, don't really want to be eat either. Where as animals can run away or physically fight back, plants cannot. Plants are master chemists and produce all manner of things to keep animals from eating them. Phytic acid, lectins, oxalates etc etc...... Some people are just more sensitive to those chemicals than others. A carnivore diet allows you to kind of reset things.

January is supposedly "world carnivore month"

9. TidWell Steel Belt

Id say its likely worse.

10. TidWell Steel Belt

I think he mentioned on his podcast that his shits smell like a dead rat now.

11. blaseblah Steel Belt

That doesn't sound like what is happening here if he has constant diarrhea.

Also there are a lot of people who report sensitivities to specific meat. A much better elimination diet would be to start with a fast and then introduce one thing at a time, rather than just eating any kind of meat.

12. Magooglie Steel Belt

is he eating any fish?

13. TidWell Steel Belt

yeah and there are people outliers or exceptions to the rule who can eat pork and smoke cigs and never get sick. lets not talk outliers

Most people on vegan diet dont char their veggies though and when you char veggies the nutrients in the veggies fight the carcinogens when you consume them or something like that from what I heard.

Also the cancer risk from meats has to do with the way you prepare and process it, those who eat BBQ daily or grill and burn their steak or char it and consume the charr or if they use charcoal consume that frequently are destroying their gut.

If you eat pot roasts and other slow cooked red meats its better, you might get clogged arteries though.

14. wufabufa Silver Belt

Making extreme changes to your diet will produce weird results in your GI tract one way or the other. I'd hazard a guess and say if he went vegan and had 70g of fiber in his diet he'd shitting his brains out too.

I'm not saying I agree with anyone taking extreme measures like that, but I do see the value in experimenting.

15. blaseblah Steel Belt

A better elimination diet would be to start with a fast. Then add from there.

16. wufabufa Silver Belt

Interesting thing about zero carb diets is that they often mimic the physiological state of fasting. Fasting can be a powerful tool but it can be simulated with dietary changes as well.

17. TidWell Steel Belt

So the carnivore diet used as a detox and not long term is wht you are saying? but what about long term? There are many people who are doing this long term who still have diarrhea and constipation but dont care since they say that eating the diet made them lose weight because they dont have to eat as much and stay full from the meat.

I read about that plant stuff here, its why I don't take vitamins anymore they are useless and I just get my vitamins from fresh fruitsa nd veggies.

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/fruits-and-vegetables-are-trying-to-kill-you

18. wufabufa Silver Belt

Sure, and there are people doing this diet longterm that have normal digestion. Again, like I said, diet and the response to said diet his highly variable and up to the individual.

That's cool, I don't take vitamins either. I get my vitamins primarily from shell fish and pastured eggs for the most part.

19. smooth assassin Brown Belt

Lmao, you sick bastard

20. TestosterOWN ค้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ ้้้้้้้้้้#O͙ͦͯͦͯ͛

People who eat like shit go eat salads all day. You will get diarrhea.

Any extreme changes will cause this.