Joe Rogan is a 5th degree blackbelt.....

How some people don't understand the job of a "Color Commentator" is beyond me.

At least i can tell who is who when it's Goldy and Rogan. Not like the other guys who you can't tell the difference between their voices or jobs.

It's his JOB to convey a story, to be excited, to embellish the moment. Would you rather some monotone/mundane type of announcer? Or somebody that invokes emotion in you and those watching.

No its his job to tell people what's going on, watch a baseball game, the color commentator doesn't lie about a strikeout and say it was a ground rule double, they give some info and move the conversation along, but they don't flat out bullshit. Joe wants everyone to think he's the smartest guy in the room, that he can see the nuances no one else sees, but instead he's just trying to pump up bjj and bs the lines he's given, such as making fighters seem more important and skilled than they are so the ufc can sell them.

Last edited:
Hes hurt Mike.

OHHHHHH

Hes in trouble.

3 sound files they can just play endlessly

Rogan has been very accurate in his comments even though he appears to be far from action, but he has screens and his front seat view, enough to do a nice broadcast

I don't even get what he's seeing. Does he not have an excellent feed directly in front of his face.

Sometimes he goes on about how the fighter has the submission well after they've already let go.

By the way TS is stretched, it looks like Rogan has a brown belt.

Why don't people count exactly how many time joe rogan screwed up and how many time he did not.

Let's see the percentage before any more accusation is made.

"Oh he is hurt Mike, he is really hurt, hurt hurt, Mike he is hurt, he hurt him, look how hurt he is, hurt hurt hurt".

Every punch that lands its an automatic HURT and "he is in trouble". After watching again 3rd round Lawler vs Burger I can see now that Lawler actually wasn't all that hurt from that 30 second flurry by Burger but Rogan was screaming like Lawler was out cold :rolleyes:

Rogan needs to tone down fanboy in him and be more professional

I watch the fights with the sound off and just watch Joe Silva's facial expressions.

They should make an elevated platform for the commentators.

what a whiney crybaby thread.

you should know what you are watching. If you don't like what the commentator says than learn to recognize what you are watching.

I like joe but i pretty much ignore what is said and analyze what I see in front of me.

It's kinda true though, but I don't blame him for getting extra excited since he is a huge fan and there in person

Does nobody actually pay attention to the broadcast? Yes, they have monitors. But no, they do not see the broadcast like we see it as we watch the PPV. Rogan will tell you exactly when he gets to watch exactly what we are seeing, it is when they get to see the replays between rounds, or when "the truck" as they call it will get them the replay that they plan to show on the break. He'll even say stuff like "Okay, they just showed me and it was clearly an eye-poke", or "Okay, let's watch it together and see the low-blow ladies and gentlemen."

Sometimes Goldie will start to give the fight-stats before they go up on the screen even.

Rogan is the best there is at what he does, I cant think of anyone I would rather have calling the fights.

Sometimes he swings and misses but I dont think I (or any of you ) could do a better job.

Does nobody actually pay attention to the broadcast? Yes, they have monitors. But no, they do not see the broadcast like we see it as we watch the PPV. Rogan will tell you exactly when he gets to watch exactly what we are seeing, it is when they get to see the replays between rounds, or when "the truck" as they call it will get them the replay that they plan to show on the break. He'll even say stuff like "Okay, they just showed me and it was clearly an eye-poke", or "Okay, let's watch it together and see the low-blow ladies and gentlemen."

Sometimes Goldie will start to give the fight-stats before they go up on the screen even.

Do you honestly think Rogan is that bad at figuring out subs, and the UFC has given him that bad of a visual setup? I know that the guy isn't in trouble better than Rogan, and I've never submission grappled in my life.

Rogan knows better too. He is selling it. What is he supposed to say with every sub? "No danger." It adds suspense. It makes the fight more exciting than it actually is. The same way he sells punches all the time. That is what he is there for. To hoot and holler.

112913-UFC-fighter-George-Sotiropoulos-battles-Joe-Stevenson-PI.vadapt.320.medium.50.jpg

Now pretend the guy has a choke in the opposite corner and he can't see how deep the choke is. Stop being so sensitive. He's doing his best.

good post. same goes for judges, too.

Back