Joe Rogan is a 5th degree blackbelt.....

gspfedkobe24

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Joe Rogans a 5th degree blackbelt in making people believe a fighters in trouble when hes actually not......

112913-UFC-fighter-George-Sotiropoulos-battles-Joe-Stevenson-PI.vadapt.320.medium.50.jpg

Now pretend the guy has a choke in the opposite corner and he can't see how deep the choke is. Stop being so sensitive. He's doing his best.

It's tight!!! He has it!!!!

2 seconds later, they guy escapes the hold.

It's his JOB to convey a story, to be excited, to embellish the moment. Would you rather some monotone/mundane type of announcer? Or somebody that invokes emotion in you and those watching.

Yeah, cause obviously Rogan is supposed to just sit there, being all " nah, nothing to see here, people. Move along.".

They clearly have monitors. They are right in front of them. They switch back and forth from the monitor to their own eyes.

Ya, and you are sixth degree black belt of having your own opinion. Congrata, smart dude.

It's his JOB to convey a story, to be excited, to embellish the moment. Would you rather some monotone/mundane type of announcer? Or somebody that invokes emotion in you and those watching.

This. Every time Anik and Kenny commentate an event I often wonder how much more EPIC it would've been if Goldy and Joe did it instead. I wonder how many fights have been ruined by Anik and Kenny's boring ass monotone back and forth alone. :icon_sad:

Sooooooo...he is doing his job? Geez, you blew my mind TS. I think I am better person for reading that. Comedy is also not your thing man.

112913-UFC-fighter-George-Sotiropoulos-battles-Joe-Stevenson-PI.vadapt.320.medium.50.jpg

Now pretend the guy has a choke in the opposite corner and he can't see how deep the choke is. Stop being so sensitive. He's doing his best.
This picture does not replicate what it is like when you are actually cage side, camera lenses and screens make a massive difference.

Joe is awesome. He does throw around a few too many superlatives recently though.

You can go from being safe to tapping in literally 1 second, and from in serious danger to winning in another. What do you want from him?

This picture does not replicate what it is like when you are actually cage side, camera lenses and screens make a massive difference.

As someone who sits cageside for fights where the cages are considerably smaller, I can tell you firsthand it is hard to tell what's happening with a choke when two guys are on the opposing side of the cage. It is absolutely understandable why Rogan sometimes believe the choke is in, and is subsequently mistaken.

Back