***Joe Rogan I know you're there! I'm calling you out right now!!! ***

I'd be surprised to find out Rogan said he regrets learning it. He quit because he was worried about long-term neurological damage, not because of feeling his style wasn't competitive. I've always seen him very positive about TKD.

Rogan by TKO full blown aids beatdown IMO.

Are you nuts? Joe gives props to karate and TKD. He always says there are techniques that work very well in mma and some that don't. That could be said about boxing and wrestling too. What he doesn't believe is all those silly kung fu flying squirrel crying earthworm hidden wushu force shit.
I have analysed Bruce Lee and even though he doesn't use "Kung Fu" he incorporated stuff from Kung Fu, Judo, Boxing, etc. The way Anderson SIlva and Conor Mcgregor fights is actually very similar to Bruce Lee. Bruce was years ahead of his time, he talks about movement (moving like water), and he talked about how the stance he prefers is similar to what you see when Conor knocked out Aldo, Wonderboy using vs Hendricks and the Jab Anderson Silva knocked down Okami with.

Joe Rogan and many shertards here don't believe Bruce Lee's techniques and philosophies but as mma is evolving we are finally seeing more and more similarities in the best strikers in mma and Bruce Lee.

Conor Mcgregor as well as Anderson Silva have both talked about admiring and using techniques and fighting like Bruce Lee because they know.

The early years of striking involved mostly overhand rights and brawlers. We barely even seen the jab in display till recently. The striking in mma is constantly evolving and in recent years we see techniques like the side kick, spinning kicks, and in and out stances often used in karate / TKD...

sylvia-belt-41.JPG

Joe Hogan was a wizard compared to the average person back in 1999; he is the Ken Shamrock of commentating.

Tae Kwon Do?

That is Joes base style.

I haven't seen him rip on TKD.
He used to quite a bit. I remember him commentating on Danny Abbadi/Jorge Gurgel iirc, and Abbadi was mostly a TKD guy and Joe said something like "Look, I love TKD, I used to make my living off TKD, but it's pretty much a useless martial art. All your pretty kicks aren't going to help you in a real fight."

He's kind of changed his tune about TMAs but he definitely shit on them for a while.

I have watched many interviews with Joe Rogan talking shit about Tae Kwon Do and other traditional martial arts.

The early years of striking involved mostly overhand rights and brawlers. We barely even seen the jab in display till recently. The striking in mma is constantly evolving and in recent years we see techniques like the side kick, spinning kicks, and in and out stances often used in karate / TKD

Joe Rogan believes that these stuff would never work in MMA just because they weren't used often. He believes what was successful at the time (when the striking game in MMA mostly consisted of boxing / kickboxing techniques) will always be the best.

What hasn't happened yet does not mean it won't be successful. Joe Rogan needs to sit back and relax and eat his own words back as this is just the beginning. In the near future the best strikers in MMA will incorporate techniques from a variety of traditional martial arts. We have already seen the side kick, spinning back kick, spinning wheel kick, etc being very effective as well as traditional martial arts stances and footwork.

JOE ROGAN you have no clue what you are talking sometimes.

Sir, it is you that have no idea what you are talking about.

Rogan was a fucking black belt in TKD by the time he was 15....

The shit he talks about and rips on is & stuff that doesn't work in TKD is the showmenship crap.

In fact Rogan is a huge supporter of the techniques that DO work that come from TKD.

Don't even know how I am responding to this. Clearly HAS to be a troll job.

You realise Anderson Silva has a 5th dan black belt in TKD? I've seen Rogan rip on some disciplines but never TKD.

I have watched many interviews with Joe Rogan talking shit about Tae Kwon Do and other traditional martial arts.

The early years of striking involved mostly overhand rights and brawlers. We barely even seen the jab in display till recently. The striking in mma is constantly evolving and in recent years we see techniques like the side kick, spinning kicks, and in and out stances often used in karate / TKD

Joe Rogan believes that these stuff would never work in MMA just because they weren't used often. He believes what was successful at the time (when the striking game in MMA mostly consisted of boxing / kickboxing techniques) will always be the best.

What hasn't happened yet does not mean it won't be successful. Joe Rogan needs to sit back and relax and eat his own words back as this is just the beginning. In the near future the best strikers in MMA will incorporate techniques from a variety of traditional martial arts. We have already seen the side kick, spinning back kick, spinning wheel kick, etc being very effective as well as traditional martial arts stances and footwork.

JOE ROGAN you have no clue what you are talking sometimes.
Joe Rogan is a black belt in tkd and was a national champion when he was like 20. I don't think you know what you're talking about.

Wait. A single martial art style has flaws when applied to mixed martials arts in general!? This a shocking revelation! How the hell did Bruce Lee say this exact same shit back in the 60's, was he a wizard?

Wizards getting props 2 posts in a row!!!

img_2995.gif

Even if Rogan were to rip on TKD in an improper manner, which he doesn't, he's clearly more credible on the subject than your average shertard who went to a mcdojo as a kid.

He used to quite a bit. I remember him commentating on Danny Abbadi/Jorge Gurgel iirc, and Abbadi was mostly a TKD guy and Joe said something like "Look, I love TKD, I used to make my living off TKD, but it's pretty much a useless martial art. All your pretty kicks aren't going to help you in a real fight."

+1. I've heard him say it other times as well.

I have analysed Bruce Lee and even though he doesn't use "Kung Fu" he incorporated stuff from Kung Fu, Judo, Boxing, etc. The way Anderson SIlva and Conor Mcgregor fights is actually very similar to Bruce Lee. Bruce was years ahead of his time, he talks about movement (moving like water), and he talked about how the stance he prefers is similar to what you see when Conor knocked out Aldo, Wonderboy using vs Hendricks and the Jab Anderson Silva knocked down Okami with.

Joe Rogan and many shertards here don't believe Bruce Lee's techniques and philosophies but as mma is evolving we are finally seeing more and more similarities in the best strikers in mma and Bruce Lee.

Conor Mcgregor as well as Anderson Silva have both talked about admiring and using techniques and fighting like Bruce Lee because they know.
Sure but Hollywood and shady TMA schools have ruined the image of kung fu for the common man. They think of flying squirrels and giggling dragons now. That is what Rogan makes fun of NOW. I say now because Rogan's opinions are never set in stone. He has changed his mind on a lot of things over the years I noticed. But that also shows he has an open mind.

He's kind of changed his tune about TMAs but he definitely shit on them for a while.

You're taking it too literally. He isn't talking about the kicks and techniques behind them. He is talking about the pretty kicks, the showboating, the showmenship, the pretty stuff you see in martial art performances. Such as:
tumblr_muc4rk88dE1ry1rm7o1_400.gif

tumblr_n06axftHit1s7faozo1_400.gif

34QC509.gif

tumblr_muo13kE5Qd1rk5zfdo3_400.gif

^ So on and so on. They are pretty but they don't work in a real fight, realistically.

Joe is talking about these martial arts as systems, and as systems they are bottom of the barrel, and barely existent in MMA. When you see a so-called Karate, or TKD guys doing well in striking it's because they are performing standard kickboxing tactics, which have always been relevant.

TKD, and Karate as stand alone systems are pretty useless, and that has been proven time, and time again.

Look, it was cool that your parents enrolled you in a Karate, or TKD class because you wanted to be a Ninja Turtle. It's better than eating Cheetos, and watching cartoons, but neither of these arts alone will make you a competent striker. There have been few successful adherents of either art in MMA, and that's pretty significant, considering the prevalence of Karate, and TKD schools across the globe.

We already know what the favored styles are in MMA, and we've known that for quite some time. Karate, and TKD are not it. You're better off joining a kickboxing, or boxing class.

Like a boxer friend of mine said: "Tae Kwon Do is a sport which your mom will enlist you in because she thinks it will save you from all the bullies in school."

Back