Joe Rogan hits a new low with over-hyping

you're saying prince didn't have power?

he obviously hit hard.. but he TKO'ed or KO'ed guys with tricks and timing.. catching guys coming in.. think Anderson Silva... he didn't KO people with power shots. don't just wiki a guy and say he has mad power.

believe it or not... there are guys with crazy power with few KO'es and guys without it with many KO's in boxing.

he obviously hit hard.. but he TKO'ed or KO'ed guys with tricks and timing.. catching guys coming in.. think Anderson Silva... he didn't KO people with power shots. don't just wiki a guy and say he has mad power.

believe it or not... there are guys with crazy power with few KO'es and guys without it with many KO's in boxing.

i didn't wiki anything. i just find it strange to say except connor has power. i never liked prince but can't deny that he had some power.

i didn't wiki anything. i just find it strange to say except connor has power. i never liked prince but can't deny that he had some power.

maybe the difference is Prince dodged and ducked and caught guys coming in with counters and Conor walks forward throwing straight lefts. One requires you to throw power and the other requires your opponent coming into a strike... but hey idk maybe you are right and I am wrong brohem.

I just thinking knocking a guy out while he tries to move away is harder then knocking someone out who is walking into your punches.

Poirier has a glass chin? His only loss by (t)ko is to Conor.

No kidding, TS is clearly an 'expert' and has many years of sitting on the couch during a boxing match to legitimize his 'expertise'

Joe Rogan is dead to me. Hyperbole and hype are one thing, but completely sacrificing your credibility to be a company hype-man is another. He's certainly taken things too far these days, what with the "Anderson was beating Weidman before the knockout" nonsense and now this (among all the other stuff). Say it ain't so, Joe, say it ain't so.

^this, exactly this....

He throws sugar ray in there just to sound like he knows about boxing. It's so annoying.

If he had only said Leonard it wouldn't have been so bad. Ali>>>>>>>>>>>

Starting around the Hagler fight, Leonard became a guy who wanted to stack the deck to pad his legacy.

from what I understand, Rogan really isn't knowledgeable of many martial arts. Maybe BJJ.

Now I'm not going to act like I have an understanding of muay thai, judo, the TMA's, BJJ, boxing (well, I'm somewhat familiar with boxing), kickboxing etc... at the level of a true historian or an elite practicioner of those respective sports. But Rogan really knows nothing outside of beginner level shit. He can name check Tyson, Floyd, ODLH, Manny, SRR, Ali, SRL, RJJ, maaaybe sweet pea, that's really it. Ask him about great but less famous guys for instance (and I'm just pulling out a random name here) Nino Benvenuti and he wouldn't be able to tell you the first thing about him. Probably the same for Muay Thai. He might know JWP or Dekkers, or if you're lucky Samart but he wouldn't know the other great names (not that I really would). Wouldn't shock me if he tried passing Buakaw off as a muay thai great.

I'm sure he's convinced that boxing will die if Floyd and Manny don't fight. Probably thinks it will even if they do.

honestly, most MMA guys who "know" boxing still don't know shit. I remember one of the sherdog guys (can't remember which) referred to Pongsaklek Wonjongkam as the "most overrated fighter of the last 20 years" which is an absolute joke, regardless of how you feel about Pong's career (any Pong player haters who wanna discuss this should take it to the boxing forum).

When Rogan tries to pretend hes a boxing fen. My reaction:

dibeailadfha.png

fucking this

Don't blame Joe -- it's how his backroom bonuses are structured with extra money for everytime he can promote Conor during his commentary. Blame Dana for these biased incentives.

I wouldn't listen to anything that Rogan says about boxing. He said that prime Tyson was the greatest fighter of all time and that he would run through both the Klit bros. Maybe Tyson beat them but it would be a tough fight especially against Vitali.

Also said RJJ was the greatest fighter of all time as well.

Comparing McGregor to Sugar Ray Leonard and Muhammad Ali was absurd at completely out of line. Leonard starting boxing at the age of 13, Ali at the age of 12. These guys put everything they had into perfecting their craft, and becoming all time greats in their sports. McGregor has been fighting in the UFC for like a month, and his notable wins are agains Poirer, whom has a chin made of glass, and Siver whom is basically a "guy" the UFC trots out to fill out cards. Joe, you are better than this

I agree that its hype but stop acting like Conor started training after he got signed by the UFC.

Back