Joe Rogan hits a new low with over-hyping

Way hyperbolic, both Rogan and your critique of it. It was bad, but come on, McGregor fight a month, Poirier a glass chin and Siver just a guy to fill out cards? None even close to being true. Conor started boxing at about the same age, are you saying he hasn't put everything into becoming a great fighter? I am sure he works plenty hard.

McGregor already has two losses in his 3rd and 6th professional fights. I understand that Connor has improved significantly since then, but he still has two losses on his record to two fighters that nobody has ever heard of.

On the contrary, Ali didn't lose until Joe Frasier in his 30th professional fight. Leonard didn't lose until Roberto Duran in his I think 28th professional fight. Both Duran and Frasier are also in the HOF, and are also considered all time greats.

I'm sorry, but comparing Connor two Ali and Leonard is just a horrible, and disrespectful comparison

McGregor already has two losses in his 3rd and 6th professional fights. I understand that Connor has improved significantly since then, but he still has two losses on his record to two fighters that nobody has ever heard of.

On the contrary, Ali didn't lose until Joe Frasier in his 30th professional fight. Leonard didn't lose until Roberto Duran in his I think 28th professional fight. Both Duran and Frasier are also in the HOF, and are also considered all time greats.

I'm sorry, but comparing Connor two Ali and Leonard is just a horrible, and disrespectful comparison

they both lost 5 times as amateurs!

For the record, I'm actually a sucker for the hype, and I think McGregor is a beast. I would actually pick Connor to beat Aldo. I just don't like the pre-mature comparison to two legendary boxers

He compare him to Sugar Ray Robinson ya weirdos

i thought i remembered hearing leonard.

ya bloke.

I could be wrong tbh, but there's no fun in apathy.
You all suck at everything and I'm always right!

He throws sugar ray in there just to sound like he knows about boxing. It's so annoying.

haha it's true. Rogan's actually one of the dumbest people in MMA.

I can already see him coming up with some dumb shit like: "with defense as good as Arturo Gatti's, punching power equivalent to Nicolino Locches, Amir khan's fight IQ, and George foreman's blistering speed, Conor McGregor has already surpassed Mike Tyson, the man universally acknowledged as boxing's GOAT as the combat sports GOAT"

during the siver fight it sounded like Rogan wanted Conor's d so bad, it was quite embarrassing for me to hear...

Poirier has a glass chin? His only loss by (t)ko is to Conor.

Poirier does not have a glass chin, but I did see some serious holes in his fighting stance against McGregor. I mean Poirier was leading with his head asking to be punched by McGregor and he paid the price for it.

haha it's true. Rogan's actually one of the dumbest people in MMA.

I can already see him coming up with some dumb shit like: "with defense as good as Arturo Gatti's, punching power equivalent to Nicolino Locches, Amir khan's fight IQ, and George foreman's blistering speed, Conor McGregor has already surpassed Mike Tyson, the man universally acknowledged as boxing's GOAT as the combat sports GOAT"

When Rogan tries to pretend hes a boxing fen. My reaction:

dibeailadfha.png

Yeah, that was pretty cringe worthy, lol. Specially donsidering Conor hasn't even fought for the belt yet. Joe is always comparing MMA strikers to boxers, Conor isn't even the first one he compares to Ali

So does joe just throw arbitrary boxing comparisons to make mma sound more legit? cuz that's pretty weak....

Mcgregor = Prince Naseem Hamed:rolleyes:

I am a big Conor fan but I think this comparison is good... except conor has power... and is better then Prince.. but it was all about the gamesmanship with these guys... so... good comparison but you meant it to be rude and I don't take it that way...

I am a big Conor fan but I think this comparison is good... except conor has power... and is better then Prince.. but it was all about the gamesmanship with these guys... so... good comparison but you meant it to be rude and I don't take it that way...

you're saying prince didn't have power?

UFC needs to stop trying to piggy back off of boxing...They are different sports and many people who follow boxing...Do not appreciate the ufc trying to capitalize off of the Nostalgia that they have for Classic boxers/match-ups anyways. It's wasting your promotion $, to try to make these connections with boxing greats. As casual fans (who the UFC are targeting with these comparisions), don't take these comparisons seriously.

sometimes I forget how much money they spend on having Joe Rogan who is already being paid by them to say something...

what a waste of precious funds for someone to say something once...

I mean it litterally costs them nothing that Joe spouts his opinion for a few seconds but damn.. think of all the better marketing they could do with that couple dollars.

Back