Joe Rogan - "he's easily the striker that Chuck Liddell is"

Yet another thread based on a false statement from the OP, and people not reading any replies before replying themselves. What else is new?

Oh, and Rogan was talking about Mo Smith, NOT COUTURE.

Jardine did kick the shit out of Chuck's body and legs I think. Need to rewatch it for enjoyment's sake.

Might watch it later as well. I like revisiting old fights.

Randy was dangerous because of his clinch fighting and ground and pound. That's not the same as being just as good of a striker. It's dangerous in a different way. Gotta disagree with Joe

chuck was coming of an injury wasnt he going into the first fight? broken ankle or something i think.

Dana said in the rogan podcast that chuck was at the hard rock at 3 AM the day before the fight, he apparently didnt take it seriously

in his mind there was no way he would lose

Jardine did kick the shit out of Chuck's body and legs I think. Need to rewatch it for enjoyment's sake.

That is when the sport was changing and leg kicks started winning guys fights, Greg Jackson's influence. 10 months later was the Forrest vs. Rampage decision.

Guys like Chuck and Rampage were not prepared for point fighters, given their histories and mentalities.

Dana said in the rogan podcast that chuck was at the hard rock at 3 AM the day before the fight, he apparently didnt take it seriously

in his mind there was no way he would lose

I think that was Chuck's lifestyle the whole way. Hackleman walked in on him banging a couple of skanks in the shower a few hours before his Tito fight. The guy was more rock star than pro athlete.

as I said earlier, he was referring to MO SMITH.

having said that, randy totally outstruck chuck at UFC 43. it was the best performance of his career (beats his performances against Gonzaga, tim, and vitor narrowly).

Back