Joe Rogan goes off on a fan during the last UFC tonight episode

The fact that Rogan was wearing his scam site "ONNIT" shirt makes me not even care. lol If you are a douche, you attract douches to your cause, then have falling outs with them. Of course, that is a generalization, but there are both things I like and despise about Rogan. ::shrug::

what is so "scammy" about onnit?

in before you have absolutely no fucking clue about youre talking about

what is so "scammy" about onnit?

in before you have absolutely no fucking clue about youre talking about

It peddles what amounts to snake oil. Go take your alpha brain vitamins, pretend it makes you intelligent. Maybe that good ol' placebo effect will make a difference for you.

Looking at the description of "ShroomTech Support" at sixty bucks a bottle is even more laughable. The only thing I could see buying from that site are weights, and then even then you are just paying for a designer product. Getting the supplements is no better than buying Airborne and thinking it will cure your cold and a lot worse in terms of wasted money.

It peddles what amounts to snake oil. Go take your alpha brain vitamins, pretend it makes you intelligent. Maybe that good ol' placebo effect will make a difference for you.

Looking at the description of "ShroomTech Support" at sixty bucks a bottle is even more laughable. The only thing I could see buying from that site are weights, and then even then you are just paying for a designer product. Getting the supplements is no better than buying Airborne and thinking it will cure your cold and a lot worse in terms of wasted money.

theres a difference between your not approving of their products and calling them scammy

i dont take alpha brain and anyone hoping to have some life transforming experience is fucking retarded. also i have never seen any claims about the benefits from alpha brain that are above and beyond what any company does. afaik onnit doesnt claim it will change your life. all ive seen from them is that it will make you feel sharper etc, which it can

as i said i dont take alpha brain but i take 3 of the key ingredients daily for years. there is absolutely no doubt that it has vastly improved my memory. like zero. the difference is huge. did that happen over night? no. also noticed some other improvements but its subtle. anyone popping pills and think its going to be like steroids for their brains is an idiot and i havent seen onnit make those claims

if i were to compare using some of the ingredients in alpha brain daily to something it would be like comparing your performance as an athlete on an average/ok diet vs your performance on a super legit performance diet. lots of people might not even notice (especially in the short term) or have the capability to measure, while others will be super happy and see solid results.

all these people crying about double blind studies etc need to chill the fuck out. a ton of ingredients have been studied extensively. i dont know about how they work as a formula but for fuck sakes. try it and return it if you dont like it. onnits not claiming they have some miracle pill so stop reacting like they claim they do

dont call it a scam. its like every product you have ever seen advertised in your life. did the ginsu knife really exceed your expectations after seeing the commercial? how about the slap chop? no? is it a fucking scam? no. they chop shit. its not a scam. the slap chop claims to be better quality and cheaper than its comp, oh so theyre scammers? fucking relax

people twist and exaggerate everything like fucking crybabies. ive seen 500 commercials from different frozen pizza brands claiming theirs is the best. obv we got 499 scammers and bullshit artists on our hands. did any of these pizza co do actual fair and unbiased taste tests to determine which is the most beloved pizza on the market before making these claims?

seriously settle the fuck down with these scam comments. its retarded

Onnit.com is probably the thing I like the least about Rogan, but it certainly doesn't invalidate him as a human being. He has lots of other qualities I enjoy (funny, insightful, entertaining, crazy, etc.). The guy is alright in my book.

This thread really gives insight to the strange and often psychotic mindset certain people develop about celebrities. Why so much hate toward Joe Rogan? He's not an active part of anybody's life on here, really...so what gives?

It's a very odd scenario when people put the effort into breaking down another individual so much as to point out why everyone who likes them are wrong and blind. It's an active, calorie-burning task to look for reasons to hate someone else...and it's totally fucking crazy.

I'd much rather spend my time being positive, rather than attempting to belittle or insult people who like someone I don't.

theres a difference between your not approving of their products and calling them scammy

i dont take alpha brain and anyone hoping to have some life transforming experience is fucking retarded. also i have never seen any claims about the benefits from alpha brain that are above and beyond what any company does. afaik onnit doesnt claim it will change your life. all ive seen from them is that it will make you feel sharper etc, which it can

as i said i dont take alpha brain but i take 3 of the key ingredients daily for years. there is absolutely no doubt that it has vastly improved my memory. like zero. the difference is huge. did that happen over night? no. also noticed some other improvements but its subtle. anyone popping pills and think its going to be like steroids for their brains is an idiot and i havent seen onnit make those claims

if i were to compare using some of the ingredients in alpha brain daily to something it would be like comparing your performance as an athlete on an average/ok diet vs your performance on a super legit performance diet. lots of people might not even notice (especially in the short term) or have the capability to measure, while others will be super happy and see solid results.

all these people crying about double blind studies etc need to chill the fuck out. a ton of ingredients have been studied extensively. i dont know about how they work as a formula but for fuck sakes. try it and return it if you dont like it. onnits not claiming they have some miracle pill so stop reacting like they claim they do

dont call it a scam. its like every product you have ever seen advertised in your life. did the ginsu knife really exceed your expectations after seeing the commercial? how about the slap chop? no? is it a fucking scam? no. they chop shit. its not a scam. the slap chop claims to be better quality and cheaper than its comp, oh so theyre scammers? fucking relax

people twist and exaggerate everything like fucking crybabies. ive seen 500 commercials from different frozen pizza brands claiming theirs is the best. obv we got 499 scammers and bullshit artists on our hands. did any of these pizza co do actual fair and unbiased taste tests to determine which is the most beloved pizza on the market before making these claims?

seriously settle the fuck down with these scam comments. its retarded

Keep drinking the kool aid, kid. I'm sure you are so much better off with less money. Let me guess, Airborne has cured your colds, too, huh?

It's easy to test claims about a pizza brand or whatever. You see their effectiveness immediately. They are demonstrable. The benefits of the types of supplements that are sold on ONNIT, much like the stupid little metal bracelets people walk around thinking make them stronger and give them better balance, etc, are an entirely different sort of product. People fool themselves into believing many things, and if they believe ONNIT's claims, they are paying through the nose for a pack of lies.

Onnit.com is probably the thing I like the least about Rogan, but it certainly doesn't invalidate him as a human being. He has lots of other qualities I enjoy (funny, insightful, entertaining, crazy, etc.). The guy is alright in my book.

This thread really gives insight to the strange and often psychotic mindset certain people develop about celebrities. Why so much hate toward Joe Rogan? He's not an active part of anybody's life on here, really...so what gives?

It's a very odd scenario when people put the effort into breaking down another individual so much as to point out why everyone who likes them are wrong and blind. It's an active, calorie-burning task to look for reasons to hate someone else...and it's totally fucking crazy.

I'd much rather spend my time being positive, rather than attempting to belittle or insult people who like someone I don't.

I never really said I hated him. He's someone I'd be willing to talk to for fun, in fact.

As far as having an emotional response to celebrities... I think the response is amplified for celebrities, perhaps, but what people are responding to is what they represent. So, for Rogan, he comes to represent scam artists for the people that hate unscientific bullshit, like me, etc. I don't really have any investment in Rogan as an individual beyond his commentating (can't really avoid that, but luckily I don't mind it), but if he does something scummy, I'll take note and I can't help but form an opinion.

I never really said I hated him. He's someone I'd be willing to talk to for fun, in fact.

As far as having an emotional response to celebrities... I think the response is amplified for celebrities, perhaps, but what people are responding to is what they represent. So, for Rogan, he comes to represent scam artists for the people that hate unscientific bullshit, like me, etc. I don't really have any investment in Rogan as an individual beyond his commentating (can't really avoid that, but luckily I don't mind it), but if he does something scummy, I'll take note and I can't help but form an opinion.

Wasn't referring to you, specifically. Others in this thread though...

Keep drinking the kool aid, kid. I'm sure you are so much better off with less money. Let me guess, Airborne has cured your colds, too, huh?

It's easy to test claims about a pizza brand or whatever. You see their effectiveness immediately. They are demonstrable. The benefits of the types of supplements that are sold on ONNIT, much like the stupid little metal bracelets people walk around thinking make them stronger and give them better balance, etc, are an entirely different sort of product. People fool themselves into believing many things, and if they believe ONNIT's claims, they are paying through the nose for a pack of lies.

so basically anyone selling vitamins and drugs is a snake oil salesman

any gnc store or online store etc etc etc

they all sell similar products with the same ingredients but different formulas

dont hold onnit to some completely different standard to everything else and pretend like youre not being some hater dick. again i dont use alpha brain but i use a few of the ingredients. i'll bet you dont know shit about the ingredients or the research done on them. all you know is you demand some double blind study that this alpha brain formula has proof that it improves performance. not just improves performance but improves it to a level you determine satisfactory.....otherwise its snake oil obv

everyone has different expectations of a product and everyone reacts differently. i certainly would love to see any professionally run clinical study but the most important thing is how the shit works for you. guess what? theres been a bunch of studies done on some of the ingredients in alpha brain. that doesnt mean those ingredients are effective on everyone. when it comes to all this shit even the scientists dont even know what the fucks going on half the time.

i dont know if alpha brain is great i just know some of the ingredients work for me and scientists have studies showing that they benefit a lot of people. the truth is i dont think you know jack shit about any of the ingredients. its sounds like youre just talking out of your ass and calling me "kid" and telling me im wasting my money like some condescending tone makes you knowledgeable, wise or clever. i dont use alpha brain but if i did and it didnt benefit me i would send it back for a refund. how am i getting scammed or wasting my money

as predicted all your comments boil down to is youre ignorant on the topic, your claims, and arguments. you call someone a scammer without having a clue of what youre talking about

so basically anyone selling vitamins and drugs is a snake oil salesman

any gnc store or online store etc etc etc

they all sell similar products with the same ingredients but different formulas

dont hold onnit to some completely different standard to everything else and pretend like youre not being some hater dick. again i dont use alpha brain but i use a few of the ingredients. i'll bet you dont know shit about the ingredients or the research done on them. all you know is you demand some double blind study that this alpha brain formula has proof that it improves performance. not just improves performance but improves it to a level you determine satisfactory.....otherwise its snake oil obv

everyone has different expectations of a product and everyone reacts differently. i certainly would love to see any professionally run clinical study but the most important thing is how the shit works for you. guess what? theres been a bunch of studies done on some of the ingredients in alpha brain. that doesnt mean those ingredients are effective on everyone. when it comes to all this shit even the scientists dont even know what the fucks going on half the time.

i dont know if alpha brain is great i just know some of the ingredients work for me and scientists have studies showing that they benefit a lot of people. the truth is i dont think you know jack shit about any of the ingredients. its sounds like youre just talking out of your ass and calling me "kid" and telling me im wasting my money like some condescending tone makes you knowledgeable, wise or clever. i dont use alpha brain but if i did and it didnt benefit me i would send it back for a refund. how am i getting scammed or wasting my money

as predicted all your comments boil down to is youre ignorant on the topic, your claims, and arguments. you call someone a scammer without having a clue of what youre talking about

What a pathetic response. I'm not wasting my time responding to it in detail but I see you favor a straw man approach to argumentation. I hold every product to the same standard. Many have turned out to be bullshit and it isn't even that hard to tell with most of them which side they will fall on. Obviously, if you can't tell the difference, you are likely to waste your money on something that isn't helping you. ONNIT is full of pseudo-scientific bullshit and it isn't even hard to spot. Meh, it's your money.

What a pathetic response. I'm not wasting my time responding to it in detail but I see you favor a straw man approach to argumentation. I hold every product to the same standard. Many have turned out to be bullshit and it isn't even that hard to tell with most of them which side they will fall on. Obviously, if you can't tell the difference, you are likely to waste your money on something that isn't helping you. ONNIT is full of pseudo-scientific bullshit and it isn't even hard to spot. Meh, it's your money.

you got nothing and just realized youre totally ignorant on the subject and a total hypocrite on the issue

1. do you or do you not know jack fucking shit about any of the ingredients or the research done on them? not the fucking formula

2. do you hold all the other supplement companies and their sponsors to the same standard as rogan and onnit?

keep in mind almost every single supplement company sells similar formulas and countless fighters wear their t-shirts and endorse their products. they show up at these supplement stores for appearances like its fucking church on sunday

below is your original comment. please direct me to where you have held countless other fighters/celebrities to the same standard. you cant do because you havent. show me where you have called the countless well known and reputable supplement companies snake oil salesman. show me where you have shit on the people endorsing those companies. you cant and wont. you will either run away the same way you came in, an ignorant bitch. or you will do what you did in the last post and dance around the facts and your actions with some retarded generalization

The fact that Rogan was wearing his scam site "ONNIT" shirt makes me not even care. lol If you are a douche, you attract douches to your cause, then have falling outs with them. Of course, that is a generalization, but there are both things I like and despise about Rogan. ::shrug::

all the major companies sell similar products you fucking dummy

you got nothing and just realized youre totally ignorant on the subject and a total hypocrite on the issue

1. do you or do you not know jack fucking shit about any of the ingredients or the research done on them? not the fucking formula

2. do you hold all the other supplement companies and their sponsors to the same standard as rogan and onnit?

keep in mind almost every single supplement company sells similar formulas and countless fighters wear their t-shirts and endorse their products. they show up at these supplement stores for appearances like its fucking church on sunday

below is your original comment. please direct me to where you have held countless other fighters/celebrities to the same standard. you cant do because you havent. show me where you have called the countless well known and reputable supplement companies snake oil salesman. show me where you have shit on the people endorsing those companies. you cant and wont. you will either run away the same way you came in, an ignorant bitch. or you will do what you did in the last post and dance around the facts and your actions with some retarded generalization

I love how I'm the dummy just because I don't swallow the same bullshit as you. Many companies do sell bullshit supplements. The market is rife with that shit. It's not like I condemn ONNIT and then turn around and buy the same shit from someone else. You are the one pushing that I have a differential treatment of companies when there is zero evidence of that. Bullshit is bullshit now matter where it comes from.

I love how I'm the dummy just because I don't swallow the same bullshit as you.

still here

still responding

still got nothing

the part in red even predicted it

2 simple questions repeated over and over. the only real question i dont actually know the answer to is if youve admitted to yourself what an ignorant hypocrite you are on this topic. i realize youre not going to admit it here or even answer the question

warmest regards

have a nice day dummy

still here

still responding

still got nothing

the part in red even predicted it

2 simple questions repeated over and over. the only real question i dont actually know the answer to is if youve admitted to yourself what an ignorant hypocrite you are on this topic. i realize youre not going to admit it here or even answer the question

warmest regards

have a nice day dummy

lol You are dumb as dog shit. Have a nice life.

I love how I'm the dummy just because I don't swallow the same bullshit as you. Many companies do sell bullshit supplements. The market is rife with that shit. It's not like I condemn ONNIT and then turn around and buy the same shit from someone else. You are the one pushing that I have a differential treatment of companies when there is zero evidence of that. Bullshit is bullshit now matter where it comes from.

oh look whos still here and editing their post

you wanna make me look stupid. just shut the fuck up with your stories and direct me to where you have called any of the other countless supplement companies selling similar products scammers and snake oil salesman. direct me to where you have shit on someone for wearing a t-shirt from any of these countless supplement companies

list your favorite fighters and then tell me how many of them wear tshirts from supplement companies that sell similar products

yeah get back to me on that one you fucking dope

fyi

youre still here

oh look whos still here and editing their post

you wanna make me look stupid. just shut the fuck up with your stories and direct me to where you have called any of the other countless supplement companies selling similar products scammers and snake oil salesman. direct me to where you have shit on someone for wearing a t-shirt from any of these countless supplement companies

list your favorite fighters and then tell me how many of them wear tshirts from supplement companies that sell similar products

yeah get back to me on that one you fucking dope

fyi

youre still here

That requires no effort on my part. I leave that to you and you seem to be handling the job fairly well.

told you a bunch of times you cant and wont answer any simple question but will still respond with complete air

still here

still nothing

kisses

Alpha Brain is suspect, yet he keeps selling it.

I posted this before, but some of you may have missed it:

Ranrexo 12 points 4 days ago
"Let me quickly point something out:
"We looked around at the best scientific research, and the best grown Earth nutrient resources we could find, and put together a combination. A couple of years later, a few hundred thousand customers, medical professionals, elite athletes, and of course our double blind clinical trial we created Alpha Brain".

Sounds good right? Except that's not the chronology at all. They did not do research, get medical professionals involved, carry out a double blind clinical trial AND THEN created Alpha Brain. They created Alpha Brain, got called out by actual medical professionals for making completely unsubstantiated claims, had to change their formula repeatedly because it was literally illegal to sell in some countries and was making some of their customers ill, THEN they carried out a stage 1 double blind test which is only suitable to assess whether a more comprehensive test is even worth bothering with (and the results were so unimpressive that they barely warranted the bigger trial) and throughout all this were selling Alpha Brain.

Let me make this very clear: A man who barely scraped through high school and has literally no formal education in biology or chemistry, and a man who has absolutely no formal qualifications in biology or chemistry who changed his name as a result of his drug use, got together and read some papers on completely unrelated studies on the efficacy of certain substances when used in VERY specific contexts, papers that they are literally not qualified to fully understand or interpret, and made completely baseless, ignorant (I mean that literally, not as a derogatory remark) extrapolations and assumptions about them and then sold them to the public. Then some of their customers started reporting ill effects from this mix (a mix which is illegal in many countries because it doesn't meet safety standards set by actual professionals) so they kept changing the formula, effectively experimenting on their own customers. After all this they did a very basic test just to establish whether it was even financially viable to bother with a proper test (which they still haven't done).

Each to their own, just understand that if you still buy into Alpha Brain based on the above then ironically you really do need brain pills."

http://www.reddit.com/r/joerogan2/comments/2ai12w/mental_dominance_with_alpha_brain_by_onnit_at_058/

He's not selling vitamin C. It's some creepy concoction.

LOL (once again) at this study:

https://www.onnit.com/files/Onnit_AlphaBrain_Clinical.pdf

Last edited:
Seems like this thread has finally lost momentum. I guess it's for the best, seeing as how some of you have took it upon yourselves to hijack the discussion and steer it completely off topic. Regardless, I appreciate everyone's input, it was very interesting to see the wide-ranging responses, both negative and positive.

Seems like this thread has finally lost momentum. I guess it's for the best, seeing as how some of you have took it upon yourselves to hijack the discussion and steer it completely off topic. Regardless, I appreciate everyone's input, it was very interesting to see the wide-ranging responses, both negative and positive.
indeed
tumblr_n48v0e74jA1qet273o1_1280.png

[YT]uCtz6pRWAH8[/YT]

Alpha Brain is suspect, yet he keeps selling it.

I posted this before, but some of you may have missed it:

Ranrexo 12 points 4 days ago
"Let me quickly point something out:
"We looked around at the best scientific research, and the best grown Earth nutrient resources we could find, and put together a combination. A couple of years later, a few hundred thousand customers, medical professionals, elite athletes, and of course our double blind clinical trial we created Alpha Brain".

Sounds good right? Except that's not the chronology at all. They did not do research, get medical professionals involved, carry out a double blind clinical trial AND THEN created Alpha Brain. They created Alpha Brain, got called out by actual medical professionals for making completely unsubstantiated claims, had to change their formula repeatedly because it was literally illegal to sell in some countries and was making some of their customers ill, THEN they carried out a stage 1 double blind test which is only suitable to assess whether a more comprehensive test is even worth bothering with (and the results were so unimpressive that they barely warranted the bigger trial) and throughout all this were selling Alpha Brain.

Let me make this very clear: A man who barely scraped through high school and has literally no formal education in biology or chemistry, and a man who has absolutely no formal qualifications in biology or chemistry who changed his name as a result of his drug use, got together and read some papers on completely unrelated studies on the efficacy of certain substances when used in VERY specific contexts, papers that they are literally not qualified to fully understand or interpret, and made completely baseless, ignorant (I mean that literally, not as a derogatory remark) extrapolations and assumptions about them and then sold them to the public. Then some of their customers started reporting ill effects from this mix (a mix which is illegal in many countries because it doesn't meet safety standards set by actual professionals) so they kept changing the formula, effectively experimenting on their own customers. After all this they did a very basic test just to establish whether it was even financially viable to bother with a proper test (which they still haven't done).

Each to their own, just understand that if you still buy into Alpha Brain based on the above then ironically you really do need brain pills."

http://www.reddit.com/r/joerogan2/comments/2ai12w/mental_dominance_with_alpha_brain_by_onnit_at_058/

He's not selling vitamin C. It's some creepy concoction.

LOL (once again) at this study:

https://www.onnit.com/files/Onnit_AlphaBrain_Clinical.pdf

Just a few points.

1) All the ingredients are individual FDA approved in the US. So if you have an issue with safety it is more a governmental regulation issue than anything else.
2) Rogan did not creative the formula nor do I think he owns the company. It sounds like he is an investor.
3) The study was only 16 people so regardless of the results it would warrant a second study. If the results were one sided on either perspective the results wouldn't have enough people to carry weight.
4) They have two doctors that endorse the product on their website.

Don't get me wrong I wouldn't recommend the stuff or buy it for myself. That being said, the supplement industry is designed so the onus is on the consumer. Onnit is not doing anything different than any other supplement company. They find studies that support their claims for each individual ingredient and make a product based on that. Supplements are not held to the same standards as the medical industry.

That being said, you can find a study to pretty much prove anything. Showing supplements work should have an overwhelming amount of research and support...which guess what a small handful of supplements actually so. 95% of the industry has limited studies with no proof they have positive results.

With any supplement you should do your research and determine if the limited research is enough to satisfy you.

Back