Joe Rogan Experience #690 - Ronda Rousey & Edmond Tarverdyan

Great episode, just finished watching it. Neat to hear about Ronda smoking weed on her prior (pre-UFC) appearance ^^

And keep on hating, children. It's adorable.

Are you high? The whole "meet you in the park after school" thing isn't just something from the movies. :icon_lol:

Let me guess ... when everyone else in your class was at the park fighting you were in your bedroom drawing pictures of cartoon characters fucking.

Yea, I was. But then is then, now is now. How about you and I meet somewhere and get it on?

Yea, I was. But then is then, now is now. How about you and I meet somewhere and get it on?

I'd love to but I have to stay home and wash my hair*.

* Code for draw cartoon characters fucking.

I have to look after my little sister?

giphy.gif

Talked about a whole bunch o nothing, pretty boring episode.

I looked for and watched the part about Miesha and TUF. I'm sure the media will recycle it if they should ever fight a third time, but I was curious.

-When Rogan asks Rousey about the whole UFC 168 handshake snub, she says she doesn't believe it was honest or genuine and she wouldn't shake the hand of someone who had disrespected those close to her without an apology first. (Like with most people when discussing this issue, she doesn't consider that it was just a sporting handshake and nothing to do with personal issues, or a gesture that would signify forgiveness and/or friendship).

-She claims Miesha made a phonecall to try and get Chris Beal thrown off the show (he was signed to another promotion at the time) right before he went out to fight. She offers no actual evidence of this, just speculation.

-She claims that's just a small sample of some of the backstage 'shady shit' Miesha has got up to.

-Edmond says they were told to knock off all the bickering and hostility but says Team Tate continued it the next day with a 'Count Chocula' prank. (He doesn't mention that Team Rousey started the downward spiral of hostility on the second episode of the season, though.)

-As someone mentioned a few posts above, Edmond revisits the Hallman incident and goes on a 'I'll give you my fucking number and I'll fucking see you in the street' diatribe.

-They both mention how some things weren't shown. (Very little mention of the things they did that were shown, though.)

My thoughts - even though it was an entertaining season of TV at the time, it really did bring out the worst in Miesha, Ronda and both their coaching teams. They'll never agree on who was to blame or take responsibility for their own part in things, nor will the majority of each of their fanbases. Thank goodness they'll never do a reality TV show together again :redface: :p

Joe should have brought Edgy Brah like the first time, i dont care to listen to Edmond.

Meh. You guys should watch her original appearance on JRE when she was there with Eddie Bravo and before she was a household name. Much more humble conversation and less circle jerking.

I actually thought they were somewhat disrespectful to her on that one, considering how often they talked over her.

I doubt I'll hear this one. Not sure I could stand listening to Edmond.

It was a fun, if unremarkable, episode. The only memorable things were Joe crying and Ronda describing the weird bodyhorror shit that was coming out of the cyst on her knuckle.

I will say, Edmund is nowhere near as bad as the racist haters try to pretend he is.

Listening to it now, good stuff. Not often that I listen to the JRE.:)

Back