Joe Rogan Experience #1131 - Dave Rubin

Many accuse joe rogan of giving alt righters a platform but he more so exposes them. Candice Owens was simply not prepared.

No, its called the Coase theorem. That "problem" has been solved half a century ago. Learn what you're talking about.
You calling it the Coase theorem doesn't change anything about what I said. Libertarianism is especially stupid when it comes to environmental guidelines and fighting construction fraud and toxic waste.

What I said is true: he thinks the market will correct itself and construction fraud and toxic waste dumping will just vanish.

Last edited:
I found this episode hard to take. Now that Rubin has formally divorced himself from the left it seems he trying on libertarianism to fill an ideological void that I would argue doesn’t need to be filled.

He thinks the market will self-correct construction fraud and toxic waste dumping, via snapchat.
bff

You calling it the Coase theorem doesn't change anything about what I said. Libertarianism is especially when it comes to environmental guidelines and fighting construction fraud and toxic waste.

What I said is true: he thinks the market will correct itself and construction fraud and toxic waste dumping will just vanish.

Those externalities are corrected for in market economics…. But you wouldn't appreciate that because you're a simpleton opining on shit you don't understand even at a fundamental level.

Those externalities are corrected for in market economics…. But you wouldn't appreciate that because you're a simpleton opining on shit you don't understand even at a fundamental level.
Yes, I'm stupid for not believing in libertarian la-la land.

Who the fuck is Dave Rubin, and why should I give a shit?

Because he took the journey from being apart of the sociopathic left, and now appreciates the humanitarian shit, you know, like avoiding the reaction of locking people in cages to solve society's problems.

Yes, I'm stupid for not believing in libertarian la-la land.

Its not about being in a libertarian la-la land you dolt. It's basic economics about an issue that was described and handled a half century ago.

Its not about being in a libertarian la-la land you dolt. It's basic economics about an issue that was described and handled a half century ago.
Way to miss the point, again.

How many times did he reference the fact that he's gay and married?

Way to miss the point, again.

I beg your pardon. You're missing the point. You've formed an opinion on something you have no fucking clue what you're talking about.

I beg your pardon. You're missing the point. You've formed an opinion on something you have no fucking clue what you're talking about.
Let's rehash: I said that his libertarian views on government regulations are ridiculous and your rebuttal is "it has a name and it's been talked about half a century ago!".

the theory you mention is pretty much known as unworkable in any modern setting..... so no, you are wrong

I actually did listen to a lot of that Candace Owens interview because people on here kept talking about her (well, posting her Tweets). Unsurprisingly, she came across as completely ignorant. She is a mascot, basically. People who hold her beliefs love the fact that she's black and conservative, and because of that they are willing to ignore the fact that she's vapid and uninformed. Or maybe more likely, her fans are vapid and uninformed as well, so they don't even realize that she's vapid and uninformed.

But I've been saying this for a while. For some reason some people take pride in being uninformed. As if they came to a point in their life when they realized that could not keep up with more intellectually capable people, so they decided it would just be cool to "tell it like it is" without actually knowing anything. It's not cool, it's dumb.

I actually did listen to a lot of that Candace Owens interview because people on here kept talking about her (well, posting her Tweets). Unsurprisingly, she came across as completely ignorant. She is a mascot, basically. People who hold her beliefs love the fact that she's black and conservative, and because of that they are willing to ignore the fact that she's vapid and uninformed. Or maybe more likely, her fans are vapid and uninformed as well, so they don't even realize that she's vapid and uninformed.

But I've been saying this for a while. For some reason some people take pride in being uninformed. As if they came to a point in their life when they realized that could not keep up with more intellectually capable people, so they decided it would just be cool to "tell it like it is" without actually knowing anything. It's not cool, it's dumb.
Good on you for listening. I try to give people the benefit of the doubt and I really hate it when I feel like "yeah I could've known this without listening".

Good on you for listening. I try to give people the benefit of the doubt and I really hate it when I feel like "yeah I could've known this without listening".

I don't know why I expected more, but I was shocked at how bad she was. She is one of those people that sends out Tweets that conservatives love, because it's a conservative thought with a black female picture, but if you actually ask her to explain any of her opinions it immediately falls apart in an embarrassing way.

Wasn't Owens running some "liberal" scam a couple of years ago?

I question her "conservative" credentials beyond the most superficial and stereotypical American "conservative" positions. In my opinion, she's pulling off a pretty obvious con, based on what I've seen atleast.

Of course, with US conservatives, because of how badly the intellectual tradition has been ran down, it's sometimes difficult to separate the legitimate whackjobs from the con artists.

As for Rubin, he's just a shadow of his "masters". It used to be Cenk, now it's Harris and Peterson. He's the kind of a guy that you don't really want to be cheerleading in your favour, because he'll only make your arguments sound worse, due to his very basic understanding of them.

Wasn't Owens running some "liberal" scam a couple of years ago?

I question her "conservative" credentials beyond the most superficial and stereotypical American "conservative" positions. In my opinion, she's pulling off a pretty obvious con.

That's the thing though. It's probably partly a con, but the people being conned love being conned. So it doesn't matter. Do you really think the people re-tweeting Candace Owens actually care if she's genuine, thoughtful, informed, etc?

Of course they don't, because she's obviously not at least 2 of those things. It's pretty obvious that she's just a character for them that they needed. Kind of like that Milo guy that was all the rage.

Back