Social Joe Rogan declares war on big tech

Rogan is a retarded goof manlet and he's sucking big tech chram every day, he's not counter culture in the least

He sold out long ago

Did I mention he's retarded and 5'1 (at best?)
Aaaaaaaaaand...... welcome to the internet. The land of trashing people they’ll never be as successful as. Oh and with anonymity behind a computer screen.

LOL @ "giving a platform".

Do you woke fachists even realize how silly you look when you say these cringe buzzwords.

<36>

I think Alex Jones is a total goof, but people trying to take his voice away are even worse than him.

Aaaaaaaaaand...... welcome to the internet. The land of trashing people they’ll never be as successful as. Oh and with anonymity behind a computer screen.
Ah yes, the good ole "he makes more money than you so you can't criticize him" cuckoldry

Keep white knighting your retarded manlet idols baby

I'm real too, you can come here and find out if you want

Spotify has advertising as well, so I wouldn't expect them to be immune. Funnily enough, in terms of TV and Radio, it's been our national broadcasters that have always historically had the most content freedom. We never had cable networks or other subscription setups to the extent of the US though.
90% of their income is from premium subs, so hopefully that helps.

Haters hate him because they aint him.

In all seriousness there isnt a lot of options unless your a billionaire and can start your own media network. I am sure leaving other channela for spotify though is due to favorable coverage and freedom to say what he wants.

Ah yes, the good ole "he makes more money than you so you can't criticize him" cuckoldry

When in doubt just type "white knight cuck baby bla bla bla!!". The hits keep coming with you huh?

And when did I say anything about "money"? When did I ever say you "weren't real"? OH, I'm sure you aren't a bot. Just not an adult though. Or at least doesn't act/communicate like one.

Because it's not about some bullshit censorship scapegoat and instead about trying to broadcast revenue-generating content at a mass audience?

If you wanted more free speech and less PC you would probably not go to a company with its HQ in Sweden.
Sweden's biggest forum has its servers in USA, to get around some of Sweden's restrictions when it comes to online opinions.

If you wanted more free speech and less PC you would probably not go to a company with its HQ in Sweden.
Sweden's biggest forum has its servers in USA, to get around some of Sweden's restrictions when it comes to online opinions.
Yup.
Or if you were all about "content creators and standing up for the little guy", you wouldn't go to a giant company that literally makes a bunch of fake artists up and fake stream data, because artist payouts are a done based on % of worldwide streaming, thus fake artists give Spotify a way to cut down the payout to real artists.
https://www.rollingstone.com/pro/fe...w-playing-the-service-at-its-own-game-834746/

"
The hypothesis, later confirmed, was that many of these artists were, in fact, “fake” (i.e. pseudonymous) names attributed to tracks created by composers signed to Epidemic Sound, a Swedish “production music” house. The unproven inkling amongst major music labels was, and remains, that Spotify pays a lower royalty rate for these songs than it does for tracks from “real artists” vying for the same playlist spots.

Why? Because Spotify pays out royalties on a pro rata basis. This means – as explained on Rolling Stone previously – that the firm divides its total industry payout across the entirety of artists on its platform, based on their portion of overall streams. The important bit: if “fake artists” are paid lower contractual royalty rates than “real” acts, and then, driven by playlist inclusion, claim a certain percentage of Spotify’s total monthly streams, Spotify ends up keeping more money. An ex-Spotify insider was once quoted by Variety as suggesting that this was a deliberate company strategy: “It’s one of a number of internal initiatives to lower the royalties [Spotify is] paying to the major labels,” they said.

In the nearly two years since that initial report, those same 50 “fake artists” have done rather well, racking up 2.85 billion Spotify streams between them to date. Indeed, the ten names listed below have cumulatively attracted more than a billion Spotify plays (1.22 billion) alone:

• ‘Ana Olgica’ – 154 million plays, 1.52 million monthly listeners;
  • ‘Charles Bolt’ – 143 million plays, 1.85 million monthly listeners;
  • ‘Samuel Lindon’ – 145 million plays, 1.55 million monthly listeners;
  • ‘Aaron Lansing’ – 121 million plays, 1.62 million monthly listeners;
  • ‘Enno Aare’ – 120 million plays; 1.15 million monthly listeners;
  • ‘Piotr Miteska’ – 115 million plays; 1.47 million monthly listeners;
  • ‘They Dream By Day’ – 108 million plays; 1.24 million monthly listeners
  • ‘Lo Mimieux’ – 107 million plays, 1.28 million monthly listeners;
  • ‘Karin Borg’ – 104 million plays, 987,000 monthly listeners;
  • ‘Jozef Gatysik’ – 98.8 million plays, 966,000 monthly listeners;
These numbers actually downplay the real total, having been obtained from Spotify’s public-facing artist information, which only displays streaming data for up to 10 tracks per act. (Most of the above artists have six or fewer tracks available on Spotify.) Don’t forget, it’s possible that all of the music attributed to the names above is, behind the scenes, actually written and/or performed by the same person. To put the enormity of “fake artist” popularity into context, acts whose entire catalogs have fewer chart-eligible Spotify streams than 1.22 billion include: Beyoncé, John Legend, One Direction, Childish Gambino, Lorde and Meek Mill."

To stop big tech you either have to get everyone to stop using their products or have government regulate it. Those are your two options. There is no armed conflict that will stop it. So either get everyone to somehow be on the same page while NOT using big-tech platforms or start accepting you need to participate in the government and work toward regulation.

Haters hate him because they aint him.

In all seriousness there isnt a lot of options unless your a billionaire and can start your own media network. I am sure leaving other channela for spotify though is due to favorable coverage and freedom to say what he wants.
The dude made tens of millions of dollars smoking weed, talking about DMT, and interviewing people like Alex Jones on his youtube. Stop pretending like the guy hasn't been given an extremely favorable platform for years. Rogan would literally be nothing if not for Youtube being such a good and widely used product that put his content out for billions of people to potentially watch.

To stop big tech you either have to get everyone to stop using their products or have government regulate it. Those are your two options. There is no armed conflict that will stop it. So either get everyone to somehow be on the same page while NOT using big-tech platforms or start accepting you need to participate in the government and work toward regulation.
lol "stop big tech"
As opposed to what? "medium tech"? Big non tech? Is walmart big tech? They're a massive e-commerce platform. Or just Bezos because he does the same thing but isn't a conservative family from arkansas?
It's equal parts hilarious and sad to watch dumb broke right wingers cry about big business when a few corporations are suddenly the devil because the fact their workers and users are more progressive than average.

lol "stop big tech"
As opposed to what? "medium tech"? Big non tech? Is walmart big tech? They're a massive e-commerce platform. Or just Bezos because he does the same thing but isn't a conservative family from arkansas?
It's equal parts hilarious and sad to watch dumb broke right wingers cry about big business when a few corporations are suddenly the devil because the fact their workers and users are more progressive than average.

Man, I ain't getting into all that. I just think the idea of a "war on" is misleading. You'd need "a call to a responsive government" or "a patron strike" on mass scales, is all I'm saying.

the "I suck the cock of anyone who claims success and you're not allowed to say anything to the contrary" crowd is always so weird.

Man, I ain't getting into all that. I just think the idea of a "war on" is misleading. You'd need "a call to a responsive government" or "a patron strike" on mass scales, is all I'm saying.
Fair enough.
I'm glad we can agree this is hilariously dumb sabre rattling by fringe idiots. It's like watching some poppy farmer in Afghanistahn get sold on the idea that he can help take down the US government.

The dude made tens of millions of dollars smoking weed, talking about DMT, and interviewing people like Alex Jones on his youtube. Stop pretending like the guy hasn't been given an extremely favorable platform for years. Rogan would literally be nothing if not for Youtube being such a good and widely used product that put his content out for billions of people to potentially watch.

Bullshit.

I didn't tune in because he was on youtube.

@FinalFight so basically if someone has one view you don't like, you think they should be completely deplatformed?

Obviously the Sandy Hook CT is retarded, but Jones has plenty of retarded theories.

Who gets to decide which retarded theories should get you banned and which ones are OK?

Hillary Clinton has about a dozen CTs she regularly outlines, all of which are total bullshit.

Should Hillary be be deplatformed?

The Young Turks were Armenian genocide deniers for years, should they be deplatformed?

Who is the gatekeeper who decides which views get you deplatformed and which ones don't in your ideal system?

Exactly.

People making this about "well he's getting paid over at spotify etc." or anything else are missing the point.

He's going to have more leeway in the guests he brings in and the content he puts out. If you don't like him, great, don't tune in. But at least now he appears to have more freedom in the content he creates and makes buku money to do so. Now if he's also able to bring a larger audience over to spotify to acutally challenge youtube; good. Competition is a good thing.

Back