Joe Rogan calls UFC’s “CM Punk Experiment” Absolutely “Ridiculous”

Joe just blabs on his podcasts. He's usually high as a kite and just shoots the crap with his buddies. He also said Ronda is once ever fighter. He said Brock should have fought in the "minor leagues" as well. Ya, Brock sucked for winning the title after 4 fights.
I'm not comparing CM to Brock. I'm just saying Rogan spews a lot of words. In 6 months when he has to commentate the fight he'll be praising CM's guts and athleticism non stop.

Joe just blabs on his podcasts. He's usually high as a kite and just shoots the crap with his buddies. He also said Ronda is once ever fighter. He said Brock should have fought in the "minor leagues" as well. Ya, Brock sucked for winning the title after 4 fights.
I'm not comparing CM to Brock. I'm just saying Rogan spews a lot of words. In 6 months when he has to commentate the fight he'll be praising CM's guts and athleticism non stop.

Guts sure, athleticism I fucking doubt it.
JvIRY65.gif

Out of control ego. I don't care about Rogan's opinion. I'd rather watch someone with a name like CM Punk than some unknown 5-0 guy from some unknown smaller MMA org.

Also, guess which would sell more tickets and PPV buys? Still feel it's ridiculous?

CM Punk likes being the center of attention. At first he made it out that he just put feelers out there that he was going to do mma and UFC reached out to him. That was found out to be bullshit. CM Punk sought after the UFC and the UFC bit.

What Punk should have done was train quietly in secret for about a year year and a half and see if MMA is for him. If he would have any moderate success at it. Instead he had maybe 3 weeks of mma training before announcing he signed with the UFC. Are you fucking kidding me? What a joke. I'd expect this from an org like Bellator. This is their schtick but not UFC.

If he at least trained in secret for a year plus and admits to himself. "Yeah I'm not cut out for this." At least then he can quit while he's ahead!!! And no one would be the wiser. But since he announced that he was a UFC fighter now only 3 weeks into training. He kinda has to fight. Can't back out now. Even if he sucks royally he has to fight because it would ruin his character. He will be looked as a huge tool and coward if he doesn't fight now.

Also I can imagine his prowrestling image will get tarnished as well. If he admits he was wrong and goes crawling back to Vinnie Mac. What could they do with him if he pussied out of mma or gets wrecked in his first and only mma fight against a novice? People aren't gonna believe CM Punk can beat guys like Roman Reins and Triple H. They got to keep the suspension of disbelief there. Hence why you won't see midget wrestlers like El Torito or Hornswaggle beat Brock Lesnar cleanly.

lets all agree to stop calling him by his gimmick name.

He's right.

Yet I do find it amusing that Joe is ratcheting up this topic after Bellator's gig on Friday.

I'm sure UFC thought it was a good idea at first when he was gonna be training a year or less before his debut..

UFC is probably regretting this shit now too.

It wasn't an experiment. It was a desperation move because their numbers were down and the biggest draw on the horizon before Conor and Ronda blew up was Jones.

I think it was a cockblock to Bellator. It's like they felt threatened or something. All I remember hearing was how Punk was going to Bellator and then out of nowhere BOOM, UFC signed him. I think they rather destroy his career there than have him possibly build up against weaker guys in Bellator while becoming some figurehead lol. Sounds so diabolical, but I wouldn't put it past them. Still dumb of course.

You are a moron. Not only is Snipes a physical specimen he has life long training and degrees in not only Karate but BJJ and kickboxing. Cm had nothing.

Plus, he's Blade and he kills vampires for a living and is the king of venice beach basketball.

Who gives a shit? If ufc wasn't down with this then bellator would be and they'd cash in on it. Ufc figures if someone is going to cash in on CM than it might as well be them.

You do make a valid point.

But I still think it's ridiculous.

It is ridiculous, UFC is not Bellator, they don't need to put on Freak Shows to attract audience. I respect CM Punk's dedication to entering the Octagon, but it shouldn't be accepted by a commission. It's straight up dangerous, matching up a man who has no competitive background in MMA, amateur or professional, against a young lion who is 2-0 as a pro and thirsty to make a name off him is not what I expect from a high level and "respected" organization like the UFC.

I think the problem here is everyone around the idea of CM Punk going into MMA had their thoughts blurred by money. CM Punk is a very popular individual and a very popular platform like the UFC is what one would of thought of as good direction but in this case it wasn't.

CM Punk should've trained for 1 or 2 amateur fights before going pro, then a debut in the UFC would've made a bit more sense. Heck, I don't know Punk's financial situation but starting an ephemeral MMA promotion just to showcase his MMA amateur debut would of been a great idea and I'm sure a lot of his fan base would of buyed a 20$ PPV to see it.

Back