Joe Rogan Becomes an 800 Pound Gorilla with Brendan Schaub and Bryan Callen Supercut Edition

What does Rogan's success have to do with whether or not he's intelligent?

I like Joe and listen to most of his podcasts, but the dude never comes across as "bright". He falls for a lot of dumb pseudo-science.
he's very bright , just hides it well these days

516157.jpg

I often wonder if he might be the luckiest man alive. Consider his situation - high as a kite most days, gets paid to talk incoherent/barely coherent shit on TV, has awesome guests for his podcast, has baller wife, I mean at some point you have to wonder if somebody so patently insane must be looked after by a higher power...
He sure does hustle. Far more than most people.

Are those replica Harambe skulls with handles? Serious question.
Don't think it's that specific. They're not terribly sturdy. I can personally attest to that. Think they're pewter or whatever. A friend had purchased a bunch of these. He finally got the heaviest one they made. Tall thin guy. He had just read Pavel's stuff. I was talking with him about his progressions, in the weeks leading up to that, and he was full of questions. I had been drinking some when he and a buddy were warming up in their garage-gym to grapple (it had 1" thick foam grappling mats). So I walked in, and said, "This one? This is really the heaviest one they make?" It obviously wasn't that big. He says, "Yeah". It had just come in a few days prior, and he was excited about it. I'm a little lubed up, feeling cheeky, and genuinely a bit disgusted that this was the biggest size, so I just grab it and one-arm snatch it with my beer in the left hand. I don't bother putting it down nicely-- I just drop it.

Handle breaks off. I get an, 'Oh shit!' look on my face. "Uhhhh...sorry, didn't anticipate that." It was a hard garage floor underneath, but I thought the foam was soft enough it shouldn't be a problem. It's a goddamn kettlebell, after all. He just looks back at me with the same "Oh shit!" look on his face, then breaks out laughing.

To Onnit's credit he took a photo, and they shipped him a new one free-of-charge on his word that it was an honest break, not sabotage. He told me the mailman personally knocked on his door when he dropped off the second one. When my friend answered the door, the poor guy said, "Please, I beg you, no more of these." LOL. The poor mailman never occurred to me.

Back