1. We are currently experiencing technical difficulties. For those experiencing login issues, a temporary solution is to clear your cache and cookies on your web browser. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.
  2. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »
Violence/Genocide: Do not condone violence or genocide on a person or group of people. You are free to attack a person or groups ideas but you are crossing the line when calling for violence. This will be heavily enforced in threads with breaking news involving victims.

Joe Rogan "Backpedals" After Bernie Sanders "Endorsement" Makes Him Democrat Frontrunner

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by ReadWrite, Feb 2, 2020.

1. ReadWrite Banned Banned

Joe Rogan recently announced on his podcast that he was “probably” going to vote for Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) in the Democratic primary. After Sanders touted what was essentially Rogan’s loose endorsement of him, backlash ensued.

. . .

“They’re using me to make him look bad that he supports me,” he says in the YouTube video posted by The Joe Rogan Experience clips, where he boasts more than 3 million subscribers. “What this is is take me down to make Bernie look bad because Bernie dared to post one of my videos. In the meantime, Bernie has surged to number one in the polls.”

[I had] no idea the Bernie Sanders people [would take my remarks as an endorsement and tout them as they did]. All I said was that I was going to probably vote for him.”

Rogan reiterated that he likes Sanders’ consistency but admitted that the quality “doesn’t mean he’s going to be a great president.” In the episode clip, Rogan also reiterated that his other favorite Democratic presidential candidates are Andrew Yang and Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (D-Hawaii), both of whom have appeared on his show.

And while Sanders received criticism for amplifying the endorsement, Warren, former Vice President Joe Biden, and Pete Buttigieg were also seemingly interested in appearing on the show, making it seem as if any top Democratic candidate would have been happy with the endorsement or being able to reach voters only obtainable through the podcast host. Rogan decided against inviting them on his show, saying that he would “rather talk to my friends,” referencing Sanders, Yang, and Gabbard.

. . .

“This podcast got way too big, and it can actually influence elections,” Rogan says in the episode clip, before admitting that he doesn’t like that notion. “I don’t think I want to have anything to do with politics after this.”

https://www.dailydot.com/layer8/joe-rogan-bernie-sanders-endorsement-criticism-response/

2. OverCoronavirus Pressure Mayberry = War Room, WR = OT. Shit. Banned

5/7/89 Grateful Dead show, Frost amphitheatre
    Rogan, I'll vote for. Front running manlet in the hoooouse

3. Fox by the Sea Lighthouse Keeper Platinum Member

imagine the absolute state of a country where Joe fucking Rogan is a deciding factor in a presidential election

4. Sketch (҂`_´) <,︻╦╤─ ҉ - - - Double Yellow Card

Tulsi bless.

5. Sketch (҂`_´) <,︻╦╤─ ҉ - - - Double Yellow Card

To be fair...He's also been a game show host...

6. uppercutbus Gold Belt

Joe said that too, almost word for word.

The Twitterati want to cancel Rogan, but all this did was give him more exposure.

7. Sakurabaism Black Belt

From being the Fear Factor Guy to accidentally shaped the current political discourse of our nation. No wonder those ex-tumblr losers hated him, they all wish to have the kind of influence that he has by just hunting elk, talking bro-sciences, and taking DMT.

8. cincymma79 Gold Belt

Well rogan lets them talk for three hours
    You can’t talking point your way through it
    He gets them to act how they are and not how they want to be portrayed
    He does not however get them to talk policy, because it’s not his thing. They talk about it if the convo goes there and he can’t press them on anything because he doesn’t know much. Tulsi did six hours and said nothing of substance but she did on rubins show

9. bobgeese Steel Belt

“This podcast got way too big, and it can actually influence elections,” Rogan says

<Dany07>

Settle down Joe, we all tuned in for Mike.

<Goldie11>

10. nac386 Steel Belt

He didn’t really backpedal. He just clarified his opinions and pointed out the absurdity of his opinion being remotely influential.

12. OverCoronavirus Pressure Mayberry = War Room, WR = OT. Shit. Banned

5/7/89 Grateful Dead show, Frost amphitheatre
    <30>

13. Bobby 3 Sticks Brown Belt

That's cause Joe's style is a 3 hour circlejerk conversation. I don't understand how anyone enjoys his podcast.

I've got several podcasts I listen to that range from 30-45 mins per episode and I take more from those than multiple eps of JRE

14. BEER 1312 Platinum Member

Damn, Joe is really feeling the pressure.

15. AGGAMEMNON66 ———Villain———

Joe seems more like a moderate conservative to me. He harps about the craziness of the left all the time but endorses candidates that pander to them?

Ok then..

16. cincymma79 Gold Belt

I don’t listen to anything with an entertainer or fighter but the rest I enjoy. The point is not to hear about a topic, it’s to hear their personality. If you’re looking for a substantive discussion there are other podcasts. I listen to a couple vox podcasts freakonomics Sam Harris Ben Shapiro hidden brain Malcolm gladwell and a couple others. Big think on YouTube is pretty good for quick topics.

17. Slick_36 Bad Man from Borger, Texas

He"s said similar things in the past about his fear of the show becoming too big. But I don't really buy it, he had 3 of the Democratic candidates on his show this year. Dude makes enough from the podcast that he knows his audience is huge, there's no way those podcasts wouldn't have an impact.

It's rare to get an uncut interview for an hour or more with presidential candidates, even if it's all softballs. It takes them out of campaign mode as well and you can see a bit of what's underneath.

18. Slick_36 Bad Man from Borger, Texas

He's a moderate liberal. The right tends exaggerate what the typical person on the left looks like, the extremes often associated are not even close to the norm.

19. Prokofievian Gold Belt

It kind of irks me when public figures do this. It is influential. It's just so tiresome. ''What? Lil ol' me?''

20. Social Distance Warrior Banned Banned

Which podcasts?

21. RetiredSlave Red Belt

Warren - hi Joe, can I have a beer?

Joe - sure, wanna try some DMT too?

Warren - hey why not? Im not a square. (Drops out of race after show)

Biden - yeah I just love feeling kids against my leg hair.

Joe - you know chimpanzees rip each others balls off?

Biden - is that so? Gee Id hate to lose mine, theyre very important to me. I like smelling them in the morning after my first coffee.

Joe - thats a wrap folks. GL Joe.

Biden - thanks Joe.