Joe Rogan argues the government should own Twitter to control what speech is allowed

• Thread starter Deleted member 499399
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 499399

I’ll get to that in a minute but first,
Im a fan of the podcast. I enjoy the long format discussion nature of the show. Joe is a good conversationalist and I can listen for hours without getting bored. I like that the ads are at the front and not interrupting the conversation. But...
I do not share his politics and his recent emphasis on sharing his political opinions does not add to my enjoyment of the show. I think Joe is best when he is neutral on political matters. I think of him as a mix of Larry King and an Oprah for men.

Anyways I was listening today and Pac-Man says something along the lines “ so you want to socialize Twitter ?” and Joe says yes. This guy wants to give the government the authority to decide which speech is allowable on the internet. He is literally out of his mind! Also some anti vax shit he heard from Alex Jones.

About the 23 minute mark he says he wants to socialize twitter

Last edited by a moderator:
At least you’re keeping the mouse out of your ass. Well done.

Joe is entitled to his opinion. I’m sure the dollar will decide what direction the show goes.

Honestly, the government wouldn't be half as bad at politicalcensorship as the twitter people. The government is at least bound by the first amendment and can't ban and censor users by claiming "private company, build your own internet".

Joe is more credible than the people that criticize him and will admit when he's wrong. People get mad at him because his opinions trigger them and they then try to discredit him

Last edited:

Joe is entitled to his opinion. I’m sure the dollar will decide what direction the show goes.
He’s certainly entitled to his opinion. That's not what made him the media figure that he is. Debate is not his strength. He’s producing a lower level product when he inserts himself in the debate. People criticize the media for this all the time yet we eat it up as fast as they can cook it. I have no doubt he will follow the money.

Honestly, the government wouldn't be half as bad at politicalcensorship as the twitter people. The government is at least bound by the first amendment and can't ban and censor users by claiming "private company, build your own internet".
Do you feel that way about healthcare and the insurance companies?
Did you feel that way when Old Bamma Jamma was calling the shots?

Ive never looked at his show as political even though politics are discussed. Hes literally just curious.

I’ll get to that in a minute but first,
Im a fan of the podcast. I enjoy the long format discussion nature of the show. Joe is a good conversationalist and I can listen for hours without getting bored. I like that the ads are at the front and not interrupting the conversation. But...
I do not share his politics and his recent emphasis on sharing his political opinions does not add to my enjoyment of the show. I think Joe is best when he is neutral on political matters. I think of him as a mix of Larry King and an Oprah for men.

Anyways I was listening today and Pac-Man says something along the lines “ so you want to socialize Twitter ?” and Joe says yes. This guy wants to give the government the authority to decide which speech is allowable on the internet. He is literally out of his mind! Also some anti vax shit he heard from Alex Jones.

Sorry I didn't ad the video timestamped but my technical computer skills are pretty close to maxed out every time I don’t put the mouse in my mouth.
It's a little tough to be neutral these days.

He said he kept it out of his mouth.
<seedat>

He has no credibility at all. He will shill to the highest bidder. After his Ronda boxing remarks and praise his thoughts and opinions hold no water.

Why is there another thread being made when one exists that youve been posting in? Guy and most of his guests are total hacks, but sheesh.

Dude has like the perfect life man. Lol
Making money talking to right wing conspiracy theorists while taking steroids and cheating on your wife and pretending Ronda Rousey has great boxing?
Sounds like hell to me.

Making money talking to right wing conspiracy theorists while taking steroids and cheating on your wife and pretending Ronda Rousey has great boxing?
Sounds like hell to me.
I’ve never heard about him cheating on his wife.

Back