Joe Rogan annoys me

Round 3 Conor was in trouble.

But in round 2 when Nate jabs him on the chest or some shit and Conor trips over his own feet, Rogan and Goldie were screaming he's hurt when he was completely fine lol.
Meh round 3 nate was winning but probably less than 5 SIGNIFICANT strikes landed by nate. Take away the commentary and the crowd and its a different fight. When nate had him against the cage Conor was never in trouble of getting finished he got hit a couple times thats it

You may get excellent commentators down the line, but you'll never get a personality like Rogan.

If that's true, then it's because the UFC only feel comfortable hiring more 'safe' commentators who aren't going to do podcasts in their free time where they're talking about acid and shit. There is nothing exceptional about him as a personality though. His strength is in being a good conversationalist, that's it. He can talk for long periods of time without letting it become stale or awkward. That's his best attribute.

I actually like the dude overall, but what is it about his personality that has you thinking there will never be another commentator like him?

If that's true, then it's because the UFC only feel comfortable hiring more 'safe' commentators who aren't going to do podcasts in their free time where they're talking about acid and shit. There is nothing exceptional about him as a personality though. His strength is in being a good conversationalist, that's it. He can talk for long periods of time without letting it become stale or awkward. That's his best attribute.

I actually like the dude overall, but what is it about his personality that has you thinking there will never be another commentator like him?
When something insane is happening in the cage,he can match it with his enthusiasm. No one else theyve hired comes close to that.

The guy has sat cageside for 3000 fights yet still can't tell the difference between someone being hurt and a knockdown from poor footwork.

Let's see you do better

When something insane is happening in the cage,he can match it with his enthusiasm. No one else theyve hired comes close to that.

Very true, but I would maintain that the key part of your statement is, "no one they've hired."

Rogan only got in because he started early, no way they hire someone like him at any point after the mid 2000s. There are people who could do the job though, the UFC just goes for robots with annoying fake laughs like Anik instead.

Very true, but I would maintain that the key part of your statement is, "no one they've hired."

Rogan only got in because he started early, no way they hire someone like him at any point after the mid 2000s. There are people who could do the job though, the UFC just goes for robots with annoying fake laughs like Anik instead.
well im not saying they cant get someone else,i just think they are wise to keep him as long as he will stick around. Its always dissapointing to see a great fight that he doesnt call.

You gotta remember that sitting cage side doesn't provide the best possible view. We actually have a better view of the action from our couches. He'll see a guy get stumble and not see the shot that was thrown and have to react immediately because thats his job. I think he does really well all things considered.

Thank god TS said something. Now TS can take his true calling as the new color commentator. We all have been saved from the guy with all the experience, charisma and talent. Thank you Jesus thank you for this miracle :/

The guy has sat cageside for 3000 fights yet still can't tell the difference between someone being hurt and a knockdown from poor footwork.
Have u ever sat in the floor seats ?
From this post I'm gonna assume not

So you're looking up at them through a cage. You can see a lot but not all.

Half the time I would look up at the big screen cause their positioning it's hard to see shit.
Plus there's a lot going on. He has Goldie beside him talking all kinds of shit , he also has the truck in his ear and he's also going over notes he took down to talk a bit about eat fighter.

I bet I can stand from the outside and watch u do your job and say how it could be done better in so many ways.

There was no going back for me after he said Josh Koscheck had K1 Level striking.

I wish Twitter was around back then. He would have got lit up

At least he is better at commentary than stand up.

Bas Rutten> Rogan though

"He's hurt, Mike !"

All jokes aside, Rogan is the GOAT MMA commentator. Deal with it, haters & cucks :D
"It's in deep!"
"Oh, he hurt him!"

All things Joe Rogan says which make me think, "Well, that must not have been so bad."

Rogan: "He landed a jab, he's hurt he's hurt Oh Oh OH OH OH OOOOO!"

Goldie: "He seems to have fully recovered Joe"

Rogan: "He is known for his ability to recover"

rinse and repeat.

I was watching UFC classics last night and Joe wasn't always this bad. He's certainly become a caricature.

Back