Joe Rogan: “Is it too early for Chael to start celebrating?”

It's better to lose by getting annihilated in RD1 than to come that fucking close.

Why did Chael abandon the arm-triangle to move back into guard? That shit was tight. At the very least Anderson would have given up back mount.

that’s the same guy who did this

InfiniteUnconsciousHermitcrab-max-1mb.gif

Hes a good talker, but has a low fight iq

i think it stands as the most spectacular-

95% of the world was shocked,
5% of us were thrilled,
it was unforgettable.

Yeah I get what you mean it was definitely a big thing. I'm just saying now looking back at it what really happened was the superior striker avoiding the grappler's takedowns and winning the fight handily. Anderson vs Sonnen 1 was a crazy last round comeback from what would otherwise've been a definite loss.

that’s the same guy who did this

InfiniteUnconsciousHermitcrab-max-1mb.gif

Hes a good talker, but has a low fight iq

Did he attempt to take the back....from the back?

What an absolute douchebag. Has the testosterone of a bull coming in, then tries to fake tap and then pretends he didn't tap. Should have just gone to sleep.

Chael had a 16.9:1 ratio of Testosterone that fight
haha suddenly chael just is unstoppable for the whole fight except for dumb mistake at the end
"its ok for jones to cheat,cos steroids dont do anything"

Rousey vs Holm
Nunes vs Cyborg was crazier. Cyborg has been a beast for years before that fight and after that fight. Nunes made her look like she didn't belong in there with her. Everyone knew Ronda had shitty striking.
Semper Fi

In some parallel universe you can hit a man 300 times, he wraps his legs around your head for eight seconds and they call him the winner. On the streets of West Linn, Oregon, that is not the rules. I am the Middleweight Champion.

There's 10% of me that believes you're the real Chael Sonnen

So awesome that Silva hurt / got chaels attention with a right hand from his back

And for some reason people think Silva would be too much for GSP?

Chael Sonnen dominated for 23 minutes, and GSP is twice the fighter he was.
Difference was Chael actually thought he could best Anderson ....GSP clearly didn’t have the same confidence.....Anytime Anderson name came up he was so nervous I felt bad for him .....Anderson by knockout....

I was talking so much shit at the bar that night, I didn't care, I just saw a bunch of Anderson fans just devastated. Then when he won smdh, I started making up excuses and just fueling the fire. That was super fun, but I felt really bad for Chael.

I would have been one of the devastated fans, that comeback is one of the greatest things I've ever witnessed

Funny thing is this would have turned into a No Contest if Chael actually won. So it wouldn't have really mattered in the Grand theme of things
The saying is "grand scheme of things", Ricky.

Great story, basically you made a complete dick of yourself at the bar, then everyone laughed at you when your guy lost after you talked shit all night

Yeah if you're that invested in something you have literally no control over and no impact on you're a god damn moron who doesn't understand how to have fun

Anderson rocking sonnen with a punch from bottom was just goat shit

So awesome that Silva hurt / got chaels attention with a right hand from his back

Exactly! That right hand did damage, and made Chael drop down so Anderson could get the legs around. I never really hear people mention that! I think I remember after the fight sometime Chael had mentioned that he got hurt by a right hand, but it was mixed in with his diatribe & other questions from the press.

I would have been one of the devastated fans, that comeback is one of the greatest things I've ever witnessed
It was really fun just bantering back and forth

I remember the Matt Hughes fight was the best, me and my buddy kept yelling MATT HUUUUUUUUUGHES and some jiu jitsu marks were talking about how Almeida is bad matchup and what not. We were just having fun, even the staff got in it with us too. Then when Hughes tapped him the jiu jitsu marks were all quiet. Like it isn't MMA and shit happens lol

The bartender even yelled MATT HUUUUGHES to us when we left. Just a fun night.

Yeah I get what you mean it was definitely a big thing. I'm just saying now looking back at it what really happened was the superior striker avoiding the grappler's takedowns and winning the fight handily. Anderson vs Sonnen 1 was a crazy last round comeback from what would otherwise've been a definite loss.

Did he attempt to take the back....from the back?
I think he felt like he had the arm through for a brabo choke, so he would flip over and rotate to the side and synch it in

And for some reason people think Silva would be too much for GSP?

Chael Sonnen dominated for 23 minutes, and GSP is twice the fighter he was.
so you watch the jonny hendricks fight, surley no way gsp beats silva with that performance? or are you gonna try the jonny would beat anderson talk?

im not the The_spider or what ever his name is, i dont have a not so secret gsp hate account but that opinion crazy to me. (Thespider makes all other fans look bad. hes going to come in here and post something negative against gsp watch.) But my point is chael was on alot more T than what gsp haters think georges was on

Last edited:
Back