Joe Rogan: “Is it too early for Chael to start celebrating?”

Meh only thing really crazy about that was how inflated Ronda's hype was....

i think it stands as the most spectacular-

95% of the world was shocked,
5% of us were thrilled,
it was unforgettable.

In some parallel universe you can hit a man 300 times, he wraps his legs around your head for eight seconds and they call him the winner. On the streets of West Linn, Oregon, that is not the rules. I am the Middleweight Champion.

those legs wrapped around your head made you tap bro.

Wasn't close to being tight, he tried to go back to full mount to adjust the arm triangle better, but he did it sloppy so silva recovered guard.
It wasn't tight enough but again Silva was about to give up his back. Hindsight is obviously 20/20 but he should have taken his back no doubt. Very sloppy attempt to mount.

GSP also got dropped multiple times by Matt Serra and Anderson is 100 x the striker he is
GSP was overconfident against Serra. There is no chance of that happening against Silva. GSP would be take him down and dominate.

Don't get me wrong, Silva was a great fighter. Just not the GOAT.

Yeah, but Chael still would’ve had the belt wrapped around his waist, and when Anderson popped later on we would all probably have levelled it out as an achievement.
Exactly. It still would have been the “One night. One moment. Best in the world.”

GSP was overconfident against Serra. There is no chance of that happening against Silva. GSP would be take him down and dominate.

Don't get me wrong, Silva was a great fighter. Just not the GOAT.
You really think GSP would control him for 25 minutes? Even Condit who has worse TDD, BJJ and power than Anderson was able to drop him

Most devastating loss in UFC history.

Dominates and then loses on a fluke.

You really think GSP would control him for 25 minutes? Even Condit who has worse TDD, BJJ and power than Anderson was able to drop him
Prime Condit was a killer.

I'm not saying that a fight with Silva would be light work, or a guaranteed victory. I'm just questioning the narrative that Silva would be too much for him.

Most devastating loss in UFC history.

Dominates and then loses on a fluke.

it's not a fluke when Chael is fighting so sloppy. he allows Anderson wrist control for an entire 30 secs. even with the wrist control, he doesn't try to tuck his elbows in or nothing. he in fact does the exact opposite and outstretches his left arm practically giving Anderson the triangle.

there were so many steps that Chael missed and made it easy for Anderson to do that to him. i don't even like GSP but put in the same position GSP not only wouldn't have been submitted, he'd have baited the triangle and passed Anderson's guard.

it's not a fluke when Chael is fighting so sloppy. he allows Anderson wrist control for an entire 30 secs. even with the wrist control, he doesn't try to tuck his elbows in or nothing. he in fact does the exact opposite and outstretches his left arm practically giving Anderson the triangle.

there were so many steps that Chael missed and made it easy for Anderson to do that to him. i don't even like GSP but put in the same position GSP not only wouldn't have been submitted, he'd have baited the triangle and passed Anderson's guard.

GSP may be the GOAT, so of course he wouldn't allow that.

The fluke of course was furthered by Chael's stupidity.

That ratio is for testosterone to epitestosterone. All it says is that Chael was most definitely juicing, but it says hardly anything at all about how much he was juicing.

The reason I bring this up is because for 10 years I've seen people perpetuate the myth that Chael had testosterone levels 16.9 times higher than normal and it's getting pretty tiring at this point.

To be a little more clear on this, the average male has T/E levels of 1:1, with the average male athlete having 2:1. The allotted 4:1 T/E ratio by WADA covers 95% of all males on earth, as there are cases of these levels varying from person to person. 99% fall under 5:1 T/E ratio. The thing about this particular test is that it absolutely shows abuse, since your E levels will not rise, but your T levels will if you're injecting testosterone. I read a pretty thorough article on it very recently which laid out most of the details.

That said, Chael's 16.9:1 T/E ratio is over 4x the allotted amount by WADA, over 8x the amount of a male athlete in his physical prime, and about 17x the levels of a normal adult male. That's some pretty hard juicing, folks, and it still wasn't enough. Silva is the GOAT!

I was talking so much shit at the bar that night, I didn't care, I just saw a bunch of Anderson fans just devastated. Then when he won smdh, I started making up excuses and just fueling the fire. That was super fun, but I felt really bad for Chael.

Great story, basically you made a complete dick of yourself at the bar, then everyone laughed at you when your guy lost after you talked shit all night

Back